Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Condition Zero & CS Xbox (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Question on cs_miami (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14649)

kevin442 12-21-2003 04:45 PM

Question on cs_miami

For csx there is the map cs_miami and in that map somewhere there should be like an underground way to get to the vault such as sewers. can someone tell me where this entrance is i cant find it anywhere?

Wolf8218 12-21-2003 06:07 PM

Re: Question on cs_miami

next to spawn or something theres an open manhole...
i remember that cause i played the map once on the CZ leak. :-D

kevin442 12-21-2003 06:38 PM

ya i remember that to and the first thing i did when i entered that map was search the outside for a manwhole and there was none that was open so then i looked in the vault and i couldnt find one. badman might know

Automator 12-21-2003 07:56 PM

It's not that hard, it's right next to ct spawn. It looks really nice actually (compared to other sewers in cs maps). It reminds me of the sewers in the russian campain of cod. If I remember right it leads into a room full of computer servers or something. you have to jump and crouch to get up.

gunfu 12-22-2003 08:52 PM

The sewer system was cut in cs_miami in CSX. We did this for two reasons:

1) the level was well over the memory constraints for xbox. We removed all the old scrolling UV coordinate water textures and replaced them with animated pixel shaders (see aztec etc). Removing the animated water pixel shaders on cs_miami helped the memory footprint

2) more importantly, the water section of the level didn't enhance the gameplay (usability testers didn't like the section and it was never used by either side) so the simplification was made to better tune the performance of the map.

Joe

Wolf8218 12-22-2003 11:09 PM

lol xbox doesnt have enough memory to run a map as big as that. thats weak.

KTRICK7 01-17-2004 07:19 PM

Quote:

next to spawn or something theres an open manhole...
i remember that cause i played the map once on the CZ leak. :-D

uhm, question wolf, i dont remember playing the miami level in the leak. how do you unlock it. i beat the whole game i thought

Automator 01-17-2004 11:56 PM

It is a multiplayer map, not a mission. It is in the cstrike_trs\maps folder.

Wolf8218 01-18-2004 04:12 AM

lol, yeah, they cut it from the SP section of the leak.

KTRICK7 01-21-2004 10:54 AM

Oh ok thanks guys how do i check it out? chust paste the map into my cs maps folder? (the one for steam?)

Kiltron 03-26-2004 04:38 AM

Looking at the original level once I completed it, and the version that was released on XBox, just makes me wish whoever touched it last, would have did a more quality and professional job, and not have made all the unnecessary changes. For one, deleting a picture of me and my daughter in the glass cabinets, and replacing them with trees. I'm sure in the future there will be comparison screenshots of the varying qualities.

Kalabalana 03-26-2004 10:37 AM

you had a picture of your daughter and yourself in a glass cabinet and are complaining about someone else not being professional?

badman 03-26-2004 12:16 PM

Yeah Kiltron, how could you put easter eggs in your level?! That's so unprofessional!

...in times like these I miss having a rolleyes graemlin.

Kiltron 03-26-2004 12:30 PM

haha.....I guess some people don't get it.

BrushBaron 03-26-2004 02:17 PM

That really sucks you got your picture taken out. That would piss me off. and your daughter too! Can you imagine telling her, "you are in a video game that's been played by thousands of people".

Kalabalana 03-27-2004 07:35 PM

or tell her that thousands upon thousands of nerds will see her constantly. Who knows some suck pedos will prob see it too.
Imagine some greasy 40+ pedo playing cz and then seeing your daughter? Would freak thge [censored] out of me. Personally The best easter eggs are ones people would like never find, or are subtle, if you shaped the whole level like her face, that would be cool

gunfu 03-29-2004 11:15 PM

Quote:

Looking at the original level once I completed it, and the version that was released on XBox, just makes me wish whoever touched it last, would have did a more quality and professional job, and not have made all the unnecessary changes. For one, deleting a picture of me and my daughter in the glass cabinets, and replacing them with trees.

Actually I think this was a legal issue; I remember that on cs_miami (and I think a couple other levels -- fastline at least, maybe more) MS legal found some "objectionable" content -- movie posters that were either composites of other images or bore enough similarity that MS legal raised the question. I remember in Dallas when Wyeth did most of those pics, he did a pretty thorough job of trying to use non-copyrighted images for the composites, and I fought to keep those in the levels (fastline and miami) when I was in Redmond.

I think in the end, the requirement to research the images went to valve and they essentially said "pull everything we're not sure about" as the quick fix (they did the same thing with the weapon names). So I guess Killtron's desk picture went away, along with the movie posters outside the theatre (replaced with the HL2 movie stuff) and some of the pics in fastline at the same time.

Sorry man, I didn't do it :-(