Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Ritual Apparently Not Exploded, Announces New Studio Director (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18781)

badman 12-06-2006 03:23 PM

Ritual Apparently Not Exploded, Announces New Studio Director

With all the recent rumors circulating around the internet suggesting that Ritual had fireballed spectacularly after attempting nuclear fission in their basement, we can now confirm that this is not the case. On the contrary, following Steve Nix's departure to serve as id Software's director of business development, the Tribe has just announced that long-time tribesman and lead programmer Ken Harward has taken over as the studio's director and will be overseeing business development from here on:
"I'm really looking forward to helping guide Ritual," said Ken. "2007 looks to be a great year as we finish up our current projects and start some exciting new ones. I'm excited to have the opportunity to expand my leadership role within the company, and I'm flattered by the huge amount of support everyone in the tribe has shown. There's a ton of positive energy in the halls."
You can check out the full press release, full of riveting quotes and unforeseen plot twists, right here. It probably won't be too long until we find out more about what exactly it is that's going on inside the Cave, so keep checking back at least once a week.

ninken 12-06-2006 05:27 PM

Re: Ritual Apparently Not Exploded, Announces New Studio Director

It's sad to see everyone leaving Ritual! I had the pleasure meeting Ken Harward a few years back at E3, he a good man, and very smart! I’m glad he stepped up. I know Ritual won't comment recent changes at Ritual, but I suspect it’s pirating! See it hurts real people!

ninken

Normality 12-06-2006 05:37 PM

Alright, here is the deal people there are some absolutely awesome things going on here at Ritual. We have been working hard to get a lot of things taken care of behind the scenes and we hope, like us, you all are just as excited to see the fruits of our labor. Its quite cool to see every one around the office as excited as me about these things as well, I for one have not felt this much energy around the office in a long time. First and foremost though I want you guys and gals to know that I am here for you (collective: Awwwwww), no seriously, I am going to be visiting the forums a lot answering any questions, helping with any issues, and providing even more of the community support that you have come to love and expect from us here at Ritual.

mongis 12-06-2006 06:07 PM

This is a relief. After people leaving Ritual, the long wait for updates on SiN (still ongoing, btw :rolleyes: ) and an announcement coming, some of us were starting to get concerned that it was bad news for the future of SiN:Eps and the company. (evil tongues at the steam forum influenced me) I'm not sure what kind of news it is (the 'behind the scenes' stuff is a little cryptic, at least to me), but it doesn't seem bad at all and that's great :D

Raveness 12-06-2006 06:17 PM

Welcome Normality:) We look forward to grilling you, drilling you, then chilling with you ;)

Sooooooo...........any news on the forthcoming Episode #2?

ertertwert 12-06-2006 06:37 PM

Welcome Normality. It's been a while since we've had contact with Ritual. Hope we aren't left in a blackout again.

The MiMiC 12-07-2006 12:03 AM

Quote:

2007 looks to be a great year as we finish up our current projects and start some exciting new ones.
Hmm, I might be being skeptical but does this mean SiN:Episodes is being shortened to less episodes and Ritual is moving on to another property? Possibly a console property, instead of PC?

Sarkie 12-07-2006 04:22 AM

I will still be here to help out with any Technical Issues. :)

elwing 12-07-2006 04:42 AM

Woot, Welcome Normality, and good luck with us... will you give us some news on Sin1.12 patch and sin episode 2 once you'll be correctly installed in the QA's office?

Normality 12-07-2006 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raveness (Post 174684)
Welcome Normality:) We look forward to grilling you, drilling you, then chilling with you ;)

Sooooooo...........any news on the forthcoming Episode #2?

As soon as I am given permission to pass down news on Episode 2, I will let everyone know and start dishing out the news and all.

Standoff 12-07-2006 02:19 PM

Excellent.

I am still slightly wierded out, but as long as everything ends well...that's all good.

Raveness 12-07-2006 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normality (Post 174694)
As soon as I am given permission to pass down news on Episode 2, I will let everyone know and start dishing out the news and all.

But no, someone here said that you MUST inform the community, and the NDA is not important in this case. The harrassment of a lawsuit is nothing when against the paramount responsibility of telling fanboys a little bit of insider info about a simple game.

Unregistered 12-07-2006 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raveness (Post 174697)
But no, someone here said that you MUST inform the community, and the NDA is not important in this case. The harrassment of a lawsuit is nothing when against the paramount responsibility of telling fanboys a little bit of insider info about a simple game.

That was me. I do not recall saying they should break the NDA, merely that the NDA was being detremental rather than beneficial. Nice to see you twist my words around; you'd make a great politician. Bitch.

FateOfTheWorld 12-07-2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174698)
That was me.

That was also me. Damn thing didn't keep me logged in. Didn't realise anon posts are possible now; can probably abandon this temp account.

elwing 12-07-2006 03:54 PM

NDA? news declaration avaiable? hum, that is quite good :D but please, inform also us on the SIN1 patch 1.12 asap, from what is outlined on micheal's blog, the patch should be almost ready, but we know nothing more... that would be great ;)

Raveness 12-07-2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elwing (Post 174700)
NDA? news declaration avaiable? hum, that is quite good :D

Non-disclosure agreement, which basically means that their business and inner workings are their own, and they will disclose as they see fit ;)

Eh but what can you expect on the Intarnet where every community has those that haven't conceived of quietly respecting the developers privacy :rolleyes:

elwing 12-07-2006 04:58 PM

ho, and when you'll finish your information to the comunity you might log on a sin mutliplayer server, to check the quality as you should do as QA, and to share some pack of rocket with customers :D well, in just one word, WELCOME :)

Raveness 12-07-2006 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174698)
That was me. I do not recall saying they should break the NDA, merely that the NDA was being detremental rather than beneficial. Nice to see you twist my words around; you'd make a great politician. Bitch.

Chill man, sounds like we'll get our update soon enough, don't get all explosive. Just ride the carpet with us to the bliss of the Episode 2 kingdom :cool:

If that kingdom leads to wrath & ruin, we can always rebuild a more plentiful land....

Standoff 12-08-2006 12:25 AM

She's a bitch because of a deserved sarcastic comment. Awrighty then.

I guess we know what the other person is...

ertertwert 12-08-2006 01:12 AM

She's a bitch because she's too lazy to respond to your post so instead she will just link to an image that does her work for her.

Raveness 12-08-2006 01:54 AM

ertertwert 12-08-2006 11:44 AM

Hahaha, exactly.

Shoelip 12-08-2006 12:23 PM

That movie was so weird.

Standoff 12-12-2006 07:07 AM

I'm....not really sure what movie that was.

Shoelip 12-12-2006 07:36 AM

Total Recall