Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Condition Zero & CS Xbox (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Theory on why Gearbox let ritual do CS:CZero (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10847)

ninken 12-14-2002 05:04 AM

Theory on why Gearbox let ritual do CS:CZero

Media love to blame it on games they always seem to mention Counter Strike!
So they let the blame onto Ritual! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

- School Shootings
- Nut case goes out sniping people at random in parking lots
- Terrorist Attack’s on the US
- The Next Shark Attack! [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Hey I have a point! [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Castle 12-14-2002 08:10 AM

Re: Theory on why Gearbox let ritual do CS:CZero

LOL

And here I was thinking this was going to be some nutty nut case crazy person forum post.

edit
Hey I noticed those links on a sig

Im sorry to hear about the loss of a coder on the sin arena project. Though I have to ask
How far along did that project go?

ninken 12-14-2002 01:58 PM

The project got about 3/4ths of the way done. Never got the first person weapon code in place. I've been working on the code a little bit off/on on spare time. I do know a little bit about coding. Right now the plan is to get the credits in place, so i have the Licensed modification in the credits. Or i can't releasae it! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Ill just release a non completed version of it with bugs! Hey Just like you guys did with SiN! [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I'm just kidding! I know the game was pushed! BTW I am a nutty nut case crazy person on the forums! Just ask badman!

warrior 12-14-2002 04:50 PM

Would be awesome to see those projects finish ninken!

warrior 12-16-2002 12:39 PM

Ninken, do you have those files available for download?

Fraggerrr_88 12-16-2002 11:19 PM

na im thinking that gearbox just suxs at making games....CS:CZ is the first game ive seen from them(now ritual)

Sonic_Wang 12-17-2002 09:25 PM

My theory would be that Gearbox realised that porting Halo to the PC is far more worth while than anything Counter-Strike related and put all their resources into making Halo for PC 50x better than the Xbox version, if that's possible, and so they just threw it off to the first developer they thought of.
BTW, Opposing Force for Halflife was made by Gearbox and it was the best mission pack i've ever played. It really kept the greatness of the original game.

warrior 12-17-2002 09:36 PM

It was a little short for a mission pack don't you think?

I did like the Machine gun though. That part rocked.

Sonic_Wang 12-17-2002 09:41 PM

For a mission pack it was average to longer than most IMHO. Compared to WOS, i dunno, they felt aroud the same, but i think OpFor was probably a bit shorter. Been a while since i played either of em.

Castle 12-18-2002 02:22 AM

I loved Opforce
I would have to agree that it was a great mission pack. Im not sure how many levels it came with though but im sure it wasnt 128 + like what half life had. It seemed long enough for me to be happy with. They also left like a billion different possible game play options that they didnt even have a chance to really take advantage of. They must have had just about any kind of gun and at least 30 different monsters who almost all hated each other hehe. Any of the maps I designed for it never left my hard drive though =(
I was working on Quake 3 comunity stuff at the time and never found a chance to explore the ideas fully. That add on pack is 20 add on packs in creative hands. they added more monsters and stuff than they could deal with!

UniKorn 12-18-2002 04:22 AM

I might be able to help with the coder. Our coder left our team when we switchted to unreal tournament 2003 because his machine couldn't handle it. He's pretty good, and knows the q3 code, so switching to q2 shouldn't be too hard. Let me know if you are interested [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The Analog Kid 01-15-2003 08:45 PM

My brother knows Rob Sellitto(sp?) who worked at Gearbox up until recently cause I can't find him on the list, it should also be noted he worked at Ritual for a short time. Maybe he could give me some insight.

Smokey [UPS] 01-16-2003 04:07 PM

HOLY SHIT!!! It's Ninken....hey man [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]