Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Condition Zero & CS Xbox (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Ritualistic got a Question/s... (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10971)

happy_cravings 01-18-2003 07:09 AM

Ritualistic got a Question/s...

Just wanna ask how realistic is Condition Zero gonna be anyway. For example are the player models gonna be able to blink there eyes and stuff like in real life... [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, I got something that I really want Ritual to check out and give me there thoughts. U see when im playin the Counter-Strike I see ppl climb up ladders and it looks kinda crap and plain(although im use to it now [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] ) because there is no real animation...I read that Ritual were making new animations and stuff of for players falling down stairs and others but never for climbing ladders. Could u plz make an animation for this in CS:Condition Zero and Counter Strike plz plz plz?

-----------------------------------------
<RiTuAl><U CAN DO IT !>

Castle 01-19-2003 12:02 PM

Re: Ritualistic got a Question/s...

CS player models will be quite bumped up in the poly count and resolution however I donít believe blinking eyes is one of the things that will show up in the game.
Stuff like that is more along the lines of what our Tiki engine can do.

CS is imo one of the more fluent and coherent multiplayer games ever made. Thatís why Iím sure that better ladder functionality was never added because you would need to almost lock the player on to a ladder and not let them look around to make so it can be possible to sync up a proper animation. Sometimes that is a jolting experience that takes awhile to get used to and can potentially subtract from the fluidity and coherent feel that we know and love in CS.
However CZ is a single player game and with the way the engine functions itís actually quite easy to make guys play anims to climb up and down ladders and function properly. Though I donít think I can say much more than that because I donít want to give too much away. I hope this answers your question.

happy_cravings 01-19-2003 02:33 PM

Hey Castle back to your reply...."So why don't u use the Tiki Engine?"if a model can blink there eyes on the Tiki Engine and it cant on the current engine(i think its the Half-Engine [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] ) it's has gotta be better to use the Tiki Engine, so why arent u? [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] I just want something big to look forward to and i LOVE Counter Strike....so i just want the best look and feel for Condition Zero [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] ...c'mon give your fellow Condition Zero fans something big, after all we did go through all the delays and waitings for this one game...PLZ just make it worth it [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

....Cheers for answering my ladder question though [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

<RiTuAl><U CAN DO IT !>

The Analog Kid 01-19-2003 08:51 PM

Umm.....because it would look stupid. Have the Tiki engine used in SP, while in MP(Regular CounterStrike) not have it because it would break compatiblity.

happy_cravings 01-20-2003 07:54 PM

Dammit....i want the video!

I just found out that there was a new preview video for Condition Zero where "Tom Mustaine talks about how Counter-Strike has been updated and the single-player gamemode." at this gamespot link
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/media/0,11100,533806,00.html (copy and paste WHOLE link to view)
But Dammit! u gotta be a complete member [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] , or something, to download or view the video, and to be a complete member u gotta pay!Im NOT gonna pay just to watch 1 single video! OMG, I dont know why they let gamespot have the video when only a very limited of ppl can download!

Man...Cant Ritualistic have the interview video in there OWN site where u can download it for free like the Condition Zero Trailer?! [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Plz Ritual can u gimme a way to access it somehow? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]