Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Condition Zero & CS Xbox (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   CSCZ:MAPS,WEPONS,single missions,andETc. (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11342)

fazCz8 04-10-2003 09:16 PM

CSCZ:MAPS,WEPONS,single missions,andETc.

i belive i heard that there is going to be 10 new wepons in cscz do you have any thing on the new weponds

MadOnion 04-10-2003 10:45 PM

Re: CSCZ:MAPS,WEPONS,single missions,andETc.

<ul type="square">[*]20 single-player missions[*]10 multiplayer maps[*]6+ Locations: Tokyo, Japan; Columbia (South America); USA; Russia; Europe; Middle East[*]2+ new character types: Spetsnaz (CT), Militia (T)[*]10+ new weapons: Galil (T), FAMAS (CT), Ballistic Shield (CT), some type of LAW rocket system, some type of stun weapon[*]5+ new items: blowtorch, camera, fiber optic camera, radio, remote-controlled bomb[/list]

zoso 04-11-2003 10:18 AM

i can neither confirm or deny what madonion is saying... (sorry i'd love to say but since it officially hasn't been released to the press about all weapons i cannot.)

anyway i can say this. weapons is a loose term--atleast for this game. when we talk about weapons at ritual we not only mean guns but all view models in the game regardless if they are guns or not.

MadOnion 04-11-2003 02:36 PM

Are you saying the number of new weapons includes items such as the blowtorch?

zoso 04-11-2003 05:44 PM

yes...
it's a combination of rather than sepereate categories.

mFu 04-11-2003 09:02 PM

are you going to add the rocket launcher to mp?

hearst44 04-11-2003 10:02 PM

No I believe the law is staying only in single player.

Torpedo 04-12-2003 01:41 AM

In order for a weapon like that to work in multiplayer CS, it would have to be nerfed to a point where it's pretty much a joke.
Noone wants to spend 5000$ on equipment only to get blown into pork chops by some guy on the other end of the map 10 secs. later.
Same reason why I hate the AWP.

Soyoman 04-13-2003 12:55 AM

Agreed.

MadOnion 04-13-2003 12:51 PM

The LAW will be single-player only at first. Valve may decide to add the weapon to multiplayer in a future update.

zoso 04-13-2003 02:13 PM

*my opinion as a gamer, which has nothing to do with ritual or valve intent*

i smell a very bad idea if that were the case.

one- valve would probably puss it up just like the grenades. in the game now (counter-strike) i can stand on a he grenade with no kevlar and be taken to 50% health. for shame!!! to me when a most guns in the game will kill you in one-3 headshots (depending on helmet or not) then a grenade should do well over the equivalent damage. (i say most guns cause the tmp and the mac10 just don't count. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img])

two- it would probably cost an ass load of money and if my theory about the grenades and law rocket coinceding holding true then it wouldn't kill anyone with the one shot that it gives you making it completely worthless.

three- i'm still trying to figure out how the awp can kill a person in one shot but the grenade can't if said person is at 100%?

four- depending on the damage of the rocket this could dratically change cs as players know it.

but then again i don't play counter-strike so.....what am i worried about.

for the record
i started playing counter-strike at beta 5.5 in sept. 99 then stopped around the time it went retail after beta 7. the real reason why i stopped is because i didn't have access to a computer on a regular basis anymore so i saw no reason to try to continue play it. when i tried to come back to the game around retail 1.3 the gameplay seemed drastically different in certain areas from what i remembered in the beta versions that i just couldn't get adjusted to. overall it was a pleasant experience but too much of a time consumer for me.

*my opinion as a gamer, which has nothing to do with ritual or valve intent*

mFu 04-13-2003 06:40 PM

the rocket launcher could work. make it expensive, add a huge movement penalty, dont allow weapon to be fired while moving.. nerf it

badman 04-13-2003 06:49 PM

Yeah, essentially make it so that no one would ever use it. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Torpedo 04-14-2003 07:09 AM

Valve could beef up the HE dmg. if they added a extra delay before explosion, say 3/4 sec. This way you would be able to get somewhat clear of the blast radius. Skilled players could then employ nade tactics to effectively clear a chokepoint before rushing.

zoso 04-14-2003 10:14 AM

what about cooking off grenades?

Mr.CleaN 04-14-2003 11:02 AM

"but then again i don't play counter-strike so.....what am i worried about."

heh, this coming from the person who is ALWAYS at the top of the points list in our playtesting games. =o)

Bilz0r 04-14-2003 06:29 PM

"but then again i don't play counter-strike so.....what am i worried about."

Right.

So I'm getting killed constantly by someone that doesn't play CS. -Great-

MachineX 04-21-2003 01:29 AM

I have a question to rattle your brains (Well no =P just had to say that =). ) What ever happened to the gas gernade and gasmask as new items? -Long gone, Good bye [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] , ill miss you............

MadOnion 04-22-2003 07:08 PM

Those items were removed, along with the Molotov cocktails, by Valve because they didn't add to the fun factor.

hearst44 04-22-2003 07:21 PM

Are u kidding me, i thought they were still in, then what new weapons are there besides the famas, galil, and shield? in mp

Torpedo 04-22-2003 07:32 PM

(plzsaypimphat plzsaypimphat plzsaypimphat)

MachineX 04-23-2003 03:07 PM

Ya, thats what I figured, I still think it would have been cool to have a gas mask. It would, however alter the game play in MP with the gas gernade it would slow the game down. Players would be cautious as hell if they cant afford a gas mask.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CZ is out in may, my AK says it's out now, what do you say now? [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] (Make it out now or be full of lead. (Joking of course.))

Hamster_of_Doom 05-05-2003 07:57 PM

Well, they could balance the LAW and still make it useful. Ritual could give the terrorists a rocket launcher as a third possible weapon that could replace the default throwing grenade. In return they could give an attachable extension to the CT Colt. I guess these two grenade launchers would give more range to the grenade along with the ability of multiple grenades instead of the default single grenade.

kanaeda 05-05-2003 08:49 PM

... and then feature y is added to counter-balance feature c. feature x is added to balance against feature y... i think you get the general idea.

not that it matters, really. it's been stated clearly many times that Ritual does not control what does or does not get merged into Counter-Strike, the multiplayer online game. That continues to be under Valve's control. We do get to add new maps to the multiplayer side of the game, though.

will1990_11 05-05-2003 10:20 PM

will u guys add the remote controlled bomb 2 mp? plz say yes!