Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Condition Zero & CS Xbox (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Condition Zero & Steam (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11785)

Automator 05-24-2003 01:38 AM

Condition Zero & Steam

ok....so, from what i understand, when cs:cz comes out it will coincide with cs 1.6 which will be on the steam system. i also noticed the bot matches at e3 were on the steam system. so is one end waiting for the other.....in that is valve (or whoever) waiting for steam to be prepared before releasing cs:cz or vise-versa
also for us now playing cs and going to buy condition zero it gives us another multiplayer cd-key. so we can play cs and cz mp at the same time right? i for one am already waiting in line with my wallet for this game but i hope the graphics are ALOT nicer in mp or this might become a heavy warez game for people who already play cs. i might eat that later but just a prediction.

rootbin 05-24-2003 01:45 AM

Re: Condition Zero & Steam

no new cd keys. because it's a half-life mod, you will be using your half-life cdkey.

MadOnion 05-24-2003 01:49 AM

CZ is a stand-alone game, not considered a mod. A unique CD key will be included with every retail copy of the game.

BrushBaron 05-24-2003 03:07 AM

Word... Mad Onion knows his shit. I think he's an employee of Ritual and we don't know it yet.

Wolf8218 05-24-2003 08:00 PM

and i dont know, how many times has "this is not a half life mod" been said??
go play your pirated version of Rainbow Six, you theif!!

GunSm0k3 05-25-2003 09:27 AM

.... OMG

Automator 05-25-2003 10:15 PM

Ok since obviosly no one knows my first question, heres a better one (wait...maybe no one will know this one either..... ah **** it). I saw CZ multiplayer at e3 on the steam system. I have read at another forum that steam might not ship till HL2. Probably just rumers but im not sure if steam is ready for release.

ok..the question: whether or not steam is released with CZ. will the counter-strike multiplayer with updated graphics on the CZ engine (dont post about how its not a CZ engine or whatever) have the cool interface of steam with the windows-esque console and ability to jump from server to server and alt+tab without losing sound? Or just....any staff or anyone who knows....When i buy the game will i get these features in multiplayer?

badman 05-26-2003 04:03 AM

Steam doesn't really have anything to do with how you play the game. It's just another way of distributing products (rather than going to a store and buying a copy there).

GunSm0k3 05-26-2003 04:07 AM

Steam is: get steam, buy your game and viola, there you have it, steam downloaded and installed and updared it for you.

MadOnion 05-26-2003 09:18 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
will the counter-strike multiplayer with updated graphics on the CZ engine (dont post about how its not a CZ engine or whatever) have the cool interface of steam with the windows-esque console and ability to jump from server to server and alt+tab without losing sound?

[/ QUOTE ] Yes. Another feature to CZ is the completely revamped UI, better known as the long overdue VGUI 2.0 system. You will be able to switch video modes (incl. widescreen modes) without hardware frying, switch tasks (Alt + Tab) without losing sound, find and create servers in a streamlined process and all that jazz.

BrushBaron 05-26-2003 02:27 PM

widescreen mode kicks ass, [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

rootbin 05-26-2003 02:50 PM

why does CZ come with a cdkey if it's single player? i guess that makes sense if you do not already have one as it's bundled with CS 1.6. BUT can i somehow use my old cdkey? i like my wonid ;\

Venmoch 05-26-2003 03:23 PM

You can play CS online using CZ rather than the HL version

Automator 05-27-2003 03:53 AM

rootbin you've hit my concern.
I fear that alot of people who already play cs dont need an extra cd key for multiplayer. And consequently might download cz for the singleplayer and use the hl mod or cs retail they already own for multiplayer.
So i hope valve or ritual has taken this into consideration and made the multiplayer worth having cz for. I think either a hit cz exclusive map or greatly improved graphics would keep pirating to a low and i hope one will be present.

zoso 05-27-2003 01:32 PM

every pc game that i've bought within the past several years (single and multiplayer alike) have had a cd key.

badman 05-27-2003 01:58 PM

..not only that, but some expansion sets even have their own cd key. It's really not that big a deal nowadays.

Even so, you can just keep using your old CS installation for online play..

rootbin 05-28-2003 12:28 PM

but what if i want the exclusive maps? and better textures/graphics/etc??

Kalabalana 05-28-2003 01:34 PM

rootbin, do you really, I mean REALLY think any cool amazing or maybe even plain and dull (no offense Ritual) textures/maps on the csx version will not be independently ported to the pc version by fans? You've waited this long, so long, for cz, so just relax, by the time you get bored of cz, csx will be out and the new textures/maps will be becoming available for the pc version.

kanaeda 05-28-2003 02:02 PM

the PC version of condition zero will be shipping with 10 new multiplayer maps. along with that, all the weapon models and player models have been re-built from the ground up. these new art assets get brought over to cstrike if you buy condition zero.

just clearing that up for ya. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

rootbin 05-29-2003 12:31 AM

what...?

i was saying that i want to use my old cdkey to play with the condition zero version of cs 1.6. ie exclusive maps and textures and models that will only be available via cs:cz.

Automator 05-29-2003 12:42 AM

sorry man if you want to use the exclusive maps and new visuals you use the cz key......want to use your old key, you have to use your current mod or retail setup

zoso 05-29-2003 01:59 AM

i'm not saying this is the way it is...but when i got cs retail i got a cd key...

my brother had his half-life key and if i remember correctly i was able to interchange my half-life key with my cs retail key... i'm pretty sure i received a different wonid but i could still play cs retail with the hl key...

Automator 05-29-2003 02:33 AM

i guess you dont know about cz though huh? well if it does interchange with half life i think no one will buy the game... theres no use it would be like a full version once you download it.

kanaeda 05-29-2003 02:48 AM

I'm *guessing* - note the emphasis on guessing [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] - that because Condition Zero is a complete single-player and multi-player package, it will receive it's own unique set of cd-keys that are not interchangeable with previous half-life based games. This part of the product is not handled in any way at Ritual, so there's really no way for us to say yes or no with any certainty.