Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Condition Zero & CS Xbox (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Condtion Zero is out!!!! (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11928)

Wolf8218 06-06-2003 06:15 PM

Condtion Zero is out!!!!

or should have been today anyways :/

enfestid 06-06-2003 07:36 PM

Re: Condtion Zero is out!!!!

You had me excited there... Thought maybe Ritual finished it and kept it a secret. But I was only fooling myself [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] lol

Wolf8218 06-06-2003 10:51 PM

i wish

MachineX 06-06-2003 11:19 PM

I hate you [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] ! Got me excited! ERRRrrrrrrrr.............

Kalabalana 06-07-2003 02:20 AM

I have to admit, I honestly commend Wolf for this thread. The game should have indeed been out now, or at least in the next week or so. This is not my oppinion, Ritualistic made a promise, I don't care if it was insinuated, implied, bs'd. The producers of cz tricked us, us moron gamers into actually believing the game would be released in the margin of allocated time, they set. I hate being so gullible, companies use that gullibilty to walk all over you, like your some piece of shit.
Bring on the flaming, I've already been broken as far as cz is concerned.

SushiManX 06-07-2003 03:10 AM

Yea May 2003 my ass! Tf is taking so long goddamnit!?

WhitGameR44 06-07-2003 03:14 AM

its not comin out cuz ritualistic is too ****in busy with new games....

this is becomin a duke nukem forever.....how many more years we goin to wait? 5? 6?

Catscratch 06-07-2003 12:11 PM

CONDITION ZERO ISNT REAL PPL! HOW MANY TIMES MUST I TELL U! ALL THEY DID WAS MAKE NEW MODELS, SKINS, AND SOUNDS, MADE A VIDEO, AND BAM! Condition ZerO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either that or its never coming out [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

MachineX 06-07-2003 01:10 PM

Guys, I admit I was disappointed, but may's release date was an estimate. They were not sure if they could finish by then. So just wait the extra week, who knows, maybe they will through in something special. If not it's fine anyways, just know they are working on it as you speak. Therefore, just live your life till it comes out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also thats not all they did, ritual added a single player as well.

BrushBaron 06-07-2003 02:09 PM

Please find me a direct quote from someone at Ritual Entertainment saying the game would in stores by a specific date. People seem to think May for some reason when no ONE at Ritual has ever said anything specific like that. Anyone else that said otherwise (including a Ritualistic admin/moderator) cannot be quoted. They are fans just like everyone else and Ritual appreciates their support and uses the forums to communicate to other fans. But we do not tell the Ritualistic admins/moderators any inside scoop on when our games are going to be released. So if you see any of them giving you a specific release date, they are wrong.

If you feel you have been mislead it is because other fans just like yourself have mislead you. Not Ritual or Valvesoftware or Sierra.

mFu 06-07-2003 04:28 PM

I haven't seen a specific release date mentioned at Ritualistic (fan site). I would say that nobody at Ritual Entertainment (developer) even knows exactly when the game will be released. Someone might know when the game will probably be done, but the publisher will decide the official release date after the game is completed. I do remember the release target of May 2003 from many fan sites such as Ritualistic and CS-Nation, interviews with Valve, retailers, and magazines. Ritual and Valve did not meet that release target and now we're hearing that the new release target is June 2003. Regardless, everyone should know by now that a specific release date not confirmed by the publisher needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

MadOnion 06-07-2003 04:51 PM

You made a very important distinction between release targets and official release dates.

Wolf8218 06-07-2003 07:19 PM

WHAT OTHER [censored] GAMES!!!???
Elite force 2 is a joke
they prolly didnt spend ANY time on that one.....
i mean, why??? the biggest cash cow in the world (CZ) is sitting right under their asses....

CT_Seal007 06-07-2003 07:35 PM

I bet they've spent more time on other games than your parents have raising your sorry ass.

MadOnion 06-07-2003 07:40 PM

Ritual has actually worked on Star Trek Elite Force II longer than Counter-Strike: Condition Zero (development started in August 2002, less than a year ago) and Counter-Strike for Xbox.

WhitGameR44 06-07-2003 07:56 PM

what i would like is a offical release date...

im sick and tired of some site sayin its comin out "in a few short weeks" and it never shows ive been waitin since this game was announce 2 yrs ago

so ritual plz WILL U GET UR HEADS OUT OF CAPTAINS PICARDS (however u spell his name) ARS AND FINSH THE DAMN GAME!!!!

Kalabalana 06-07-2003 08:06 PM

CZ Tidbits Apr.1.2003
Condition Zero is shaping up well and should keep the legions of fans happy. Valve recently confirmed CZ will be completed in May with Vivendi as the distributor.

New Counter-Strike Xbox Info Apr.26.2003
CSX is slated for release this fall, CZ is due out May 2003 (yes, next month...really). If you read this whole post, click here for a treat.

Well, I thought 'completed in May' or 'due out in May 2003' meant the game would be done, and starting mass production in May. Not still being tested into June. I did not take the word of any other fans on this game's release date, only what I've found on this web site. I am sorry. I've only listened to what Ritual has had to say. If I misinterpreted what Ritualistic has officially posted, it might be something many people have done. But is it my fault? I wasn't looking to be mislead, but I was. Please, be more concise and considerate of those of us who cannot infer exactly what is meant in these posts, or what completion of a game really means.

MadOnion 06-07-2003 08:20 PM

Ritual never committed to a release date, Ritualistic and other sites spread word of the May 2003 release target as reported by gaming publications and confirmed at the time by Valve's Erik Johnson. Valve is known for making a lot of promises and delivers on most of them - eventually.

Hamster_of_Doom 06-07-2003 10:28 PM

I have pretty much said "screw this" and am waiting for HL2. I am definitly not going to waste any money on a game on an already outdated engine when the newer engine is coming out pretty soon.
I hate to say this, because Ritualistic is most likely placing a lot of effort into their work, but the 1.6 (or is it 1.7 now?) will be the most downloaded in contrast to the amount of people that will actually buy CZ.

mFu 06-07-2003 10:36 PM

Don't kid yourself. You will buy the game on the day it comes out. You will also buy HL2 and TF2 and DNF and DOOM3 when they are released.

Kalabalana 06-08-2003 12:06 AM

I wasn't complaining in that I supposedly thought a release date was set, I was complaining that wantonly, people's hopes were brought up, to be dashed aside. You open yourself up when you start to hope, and then boom - it hits you that much harder. The game was to be completed in may, that meant to me, that the game would be completed, and unless we don't release completed games within a short time thereafter completion, the game should have been released.

Kalabalana 06-08-2003 12:20 AM

I hope I am conveying to you the sentiments of many gamers, it was not up to us to know the game was not going to be released within or shortly after May, it was up to Ritual, and Valve. Public relations can be hard, and while the game itself is amazing (I believe it is from what I've seen and heard), Valve's/Ritual's public relations (concerning this issue) are not.
Assuredly, I've been too abstract in my posts, my misconceptions concerning the release of this game, are not my fault, they are Ritual's. That's what I've been trying to say, but if I flat out said it, it would be rude. So please address this now, that's what I had intended originally.

Wolf8218 06-08-2003 12:21 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I bet they've spent more time on other games than your parents have raising your sorry ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, im sorry seal, i never meant to offend your nerdy life's hobby (startrek), but lets keep your spontaneous cries for help to yourself ok???

Wolf8218 06-08-2003 12:29 AM

yeah, most companies say "it will be released in a month" or "it is 99.99% done" so people dont lose interest, even though they know what they say is bullshit. this is also why they didnt make those OFFICIAL announcements because they dont want to be branded as liars.

the more anticipation their game has, the more buisness the game will have..

mFu 06-08-2003 12:55 AM

Valve (co-developer/producer) and Vivendi (publisher) can be held at fault for failing to send out clear messages to the PC gaming community about the development status of CZ. There's been widespread confusion over the release date since development changed hands last year. I really don't see why you blame Ritual's PR department, which hasn't released any statements or made any announcements regarding a release date.

I know that feeling of disappointment when a game you really want to play isn't out when you expect it to be. Duke Nukem Forever... 2000... 2001... then 2002... finally 2003... and HOPEFULLY the game will be released in 2004.