Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Condition Zero & CS Xbox (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   1.6 tarnishing the gold? (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12557)

Kalabalana 07-01-2003 10:30 PM

1.6 tarnishing the gold?

okok, this is for the cz team, be abstract or hint at an answer for us if you cannot openly make one. Is 1.6 standing in the way of cz going gold? Is this the only reaon I am not passing cz again on it's hardest difficulty?

FLeK0 07-01-2003 10:46 PM

Re: 1.6 tarnishing the gold?

I think yes, but it's a great time to find and fix some more bugs.

Automator 07-01-2003 11:36 PM

i doubt it because 1.6 seems to be already done since steam wont ship with it.

dark 07-02-2003 02:58 AM

I believe it is 1.6 standing in the way because valve promised that condition zero's multiplayer would be 100 percent compatible with cs 1.6. Ritual talked about bug squashing a month ago, i doubt it has taken a month to find all the remaining bugs.

Automator 07-02-2003 05:43 AM

i really believe 1.6 has been ready for a while now. the new models maps and other updates have been in place. I think ritual is really trying for a full proof game. I think its like rituals thing that they have to produce a bugless game. I really dont think we're waiting for 1.6 because the publisher would have had cz out by now for sure. Their on the same page as most you guys: get the game out asap before hl2, halo, and doom3.

BrushBaron 07-02-2003 03:24 PM

We actually wanted the game out a few weeks ago because it would have meant greater sales figures in Europe. However, that was out of Ritual's control unfortunately.

Ice_Commando 07-02-2003 03:37 PM

So 1.6 is causing the hold up? That's too bad, at least it shouldn't be long now though-- it looks like the beta stage is almost over.

GunSm0k3 07-02-2003 04:55 PM

Publishers, they can be such a pain in ....
Ever heard about Divine Divinity, if not, it's an RPG, yeah I know what you're thinking "what a stupid name", It was original called Divinity: Sword of lies, but the publisher had to change it's name, do a rediculous advertising campaign.

The game got to be 4th goty on Gamespy, and that whitout any decent support of the publishers.

Well now they've got the attention of bigger publishers than CD&V ..

Anyway, many such things happen, release dates etc are tottaly not in the hands of the developers...

Automator 07-02-2003 05:16 PM

wow.....well the key words on my post were "i think" so i guess you can just predend you didn't read my post. Anyway, if you think the game has been ready you can ftp a copy my way and i'll help out on the testing. I'm free and have been pretty good at beta testing......
(think he bought it?)

Waltar 07-27-2003 05:07 AM

Quote:

We actually wanted the game out a few weeks ago because it would have meant greater sales figures in Europe. However, that was out of Ritual's control unfortunately.

Goodsir, are you saying CZ is..done!?!?

Say it's so dammit, say it's so!

BrushBaron 07-27-2003 12:37 PM

No, I am not saying it's done.

Kalabalana 07-27-2003 01:41 PM

Quote:

No, I am not saying it's done.

it's "not done" until valve says, "ok, it's done"