Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Condition Zero & CS Xbox (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Models? (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13897)

Rogerenco 09-20-2003 01:42 PM

Models?

Models... hmm, the new models in condition zero are sweet! Now here is my question, are we only going to be able to use these new models for cz sp, or will they be in the muiltiplayer as well? Also for thoses who d/l 1.6 will the new models be implimented in it to? Please don't flame in this thread..... A striaght out answer is all I desire, thank you in advanced.... (By the way of course I am talking about the Pc version , NOT the xbox version, for I have read about the sp part of the xbox was takin out.)

Automator 09-20-2003 01:52 PM

Re: Models?

One of the benifits to buying cz is that those nice models will be playable in multiplayer. While cz is compatible with cs 1.6 if you choose to play 1.6 multiplayer as opposed to cz multiplayer you will have to use the old models.
On a side note, I'm willing to bet someone's gonna port the new models to 1.6 the first day cz is released.

Kalabalana 09-20-2003 04:30 PM

duh, it's been said before, we WILL see perhaps all exclusive cz content in some form for 1.6

Wolf8218 09-20-2003 04:52 PM

i dont think youll get very good FPS though [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Kalabalana 09-20-2003 07:35 PM

you have a 9800 right? you got nothing to complain about fps wise
I have a gf3ti200, hopefully that will change by the time I get hl2

Wolf8218 09-20-2003 10:15 PM

well, if the models were ported to the already poor performing half life engine, it would cause massive slowdowns

ATimson 09-20-2003 11:42 PM

Quote:

While cz is compatible with cs 1.6 if you choose to play 1.6 multiplayer as opposed to cz multiplayer you will have to use the old models.

The CZ multiplayer is 1.6.

ATimson 09-20-2003 11:43 PM

Quote:

well, if the models were ported to the already poor performing half life engine, it would cause massive slowdowns

There's no need to port the models to the Half-Life engine, since they're already running on it; Condition Zero doesn't use a new engine.

Wolf8218 09-20-2003 11:47 PM

well yeah but it was clearly stated that its engine has been severely tweaked and modified to use resources more efficiently and be able to deliver a better image quality

Ice_Commando 09-21-2003 02:25 AM

What are you talking about wolf? The CZ technology is 1.6, it wasn't severely tweaked, they added alpha mapping to models, a weather system and some other small additions. As far as using resources more efficiently, I heard they added LOD's (levels of detail) to the higher poly models. That's it. Porting CZ models over to regular 1.6 shouldn't be any problem.

Automator 09-21-2003 04:48 PM

Quote:

The CZ multiplayer is 1.6.

They are compatible and are the same aside from models and exclusive maps, however, you will have a choice to play cz multiplayer or cs 1.6. When you buy cz it wont just copy the models to your cs directory. You get what I'm saying. In your games list in steam their will be counter-strike and condition zero.

badman 09-22-2003 02:36 AM

Now that's interesting, considering CZ multiplayer is CS 1.6 and CZ doesn't even have a multiplayer option in its main menu. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Automator 09-22-2003 03:54 AM

I'm sorry if i was misinformed but what i posted is information that has been around since i started reading up on cz. I was sure that the models and exclusive maps were made to run on cz's engine. Are you saying these are in fact put into counter-strike, or are you saying that the multiplayer in cz is installed as counter-strike, taking up the current cs 1.6 installation?

badman 09-22-2003 04:05 AM

I'm saying that there's a /czero/ as well as a /cstrike/ directory when CZ is installed. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So indeed it seems that you get an upgraded CS installation. I'm not sure what measures have been implemented by Valve to prevent people from simply giving out the updated assets. I suppose it would be possible to have Steam check this kind of stuff and ... correct it, if necessary.

Zer0 09-22-2003 10:29 AM

I'm betting on steam. Valve may suck donkey balls but they are smart enough to know people are going to try very hard to copy the models without buying the game.

Kalabalana 09-22-2003 11:23 AM

hahhahahahah
I'm with zero on this one

zoso 09-22-2003 12:34 PM

i think steam is going to prevent the copying of models... i downloaded steam this past week and started to play dod (i also downloaded cstrike, which i won't play, and half-life.)

none of which had any model files (*.mdl's) in any location on my hard-drive. i just couldn't find them!!

so with that said. czero might take the same route. of course it could have just been a big ole pack file of some sort.

Torpedo 09-22-2003 04:12 PM

Yeah, but Valve promised the community to open up 1.6 for custom models.

Kalabalana 09-22-2003 05:58 PM

soon we will have 'cache editors' I'm sure, they can't check the cache file every time you connect to a server

zoso 09-22-2003 06:04 PM

Quote:

Yeah, but Valve promised the community to open up 1.6 for custom models.

unless valve does something about the mp_consistency 1 command either by doing away with it or making the default mp_consistency 0 then custom models will not happen. especially if the server doesn't allow for it.

i personally don't think they will do away with it because having that in makes for less cheating.

Ice_Commando 09-22-2003 06:11 PM

Huh? Custom models are already possible in CS 1.6 from what i've heard over at CSnation. They've already had a few famas and galil replacements up at their skin of the day. I guess you just make the directories where the files would go and then steam uses them.

Wolf8218 09-22-2003 07:01 PM

yea i wanted to use my LR300 replacement but it was reversed [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

zoso 09-22-2003 08:33 PM

what do you mean by reversed?

Wolf8218 09-22-2003 09:01 PM

it was left handed!

Zer0 09-23-2003 02:02 AM

DoD >> CS.