Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Condition Zero & CS Xbox (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   CHECK THIS OUT (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14134)

kevin442 10-12-2003 01:33 PM

CHECK THIS OUT

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

COOL AINT IT?

FLeK0 10-12-2003 02:45 PM

Re: CHECK THIS OUT

no, but check this out first
delete it if it's not allowed, I found this posted somewhere in SK's forums.

enfestid 10-12-2003 08:52 PM

Oh yeah? Chese these screens of CZ out:
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.ph...6595&st=60

Valve didn't even leave the damn new skins in!

kevin442 10-12-2003 09:09 PM

enfestid did u post those shots?

Ice_Commando 10-12-2003 10:01 PM

That new militia looks kickass, I hope the play mechanics haven't changed too much.

Btw, it doesn't look like the turtle rock studios version has the new models in it, but they are there in the models directory-- maybe it's an incentive for players to complete the game.

FLeK0 10-13-2003 02:49 AM

thats just the new maps and textures in CS1.6's current version, thats why the textures aren't wroking on old dust2.

from rizzuh
Quote:

I talked to cliffe about the models. He said that the player models just wouldn't work: The animations were poorly done and would often do very weird things. Ritual was either unwilling or unable to fix it.

In my opinion, the weapon models looked worse so I really don't miss them.

I know that, in the end, it's what the consumer wants is what they should get, but unfortunately technical problems really stopped this from happening. It's really no big loss to me because they very much got the gameplay right, in my opinion.

Waltar 10-13-2003 08:04 AM

Quote:

thats just the new maps and textures in CS1.6's current version, thats why the textures aren't wroking on old dust2.

from rizzuh
Quote:

I talked to cliffe about the models. He said that the player models just wouldn't work: The animations were poorly done and would often do very weird things. Ritual was either unwilling or unable to fix it.

I know that, in the end, it's what the consumer wants is what they should get, but unfortunately technical problems really stopped this from happening. It's really no big loss to me because they very much got the gameplay right, in my opinion.

And let me assure you, the 26 poly models Cliffe made completely destory anything a professional modeler could do.

The guys ego is getting a little too out of control now.

enfestid 10-13-2003 10:31 AM

Quote:

enfestid did u post those shots?

No.

zoso 10-13-2003 12:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

from rizzuh
Quote:

And let me assure you, the 26 poly models Cliffe made completely destory anything a professional modeler could do.

The guys ego is getting a little too out of control now.

that's funny. cause everything looked and worked perfectly fine here at ritual for multiplayer and singleplayer last we shipped it to valve.

i take some offense to that weapon comment considering i modeled and animated (or tweaked the animation on) every weapon for czero. and the textures were done by some of the most fantastic skinners i've seen.

oooo only if i could show you.... oooo only if i could give you comparisons.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ildon 10-13-2003 12:58 PM

zoso, you know how Valve codes... They probably inadvertantly broke everything you guys did. :X

JulianK 10-13-2003 03:14 PM

This all seems like a rather ridiculous soap opera.
Zoso, I have checked your demo reel and there is no doubt you are able to animate and even if there'd been problems I'm sure you would have fixed them.

I am new to this and I honestly have no clue who Mr. cliffe is, but I am disgusted how people easily spread such rumors. one shouldn't just say things like he said without giving full prove that it is justified to do so. messing up the reputation of someone who works hard doing his job well without a proven reason is where the fun ends.

And about the weapons. I have taken a good look at all the pics available and there is not the slightest doubt that the texture artist from ritual did a superb job on it. If you like someone who posted here don't like they look weathered and scratched instead of shiny new, then that's a matter of taste, but frankly the weathered look is certainly more accurate, or does anybody think that after tons of battles your weapon still looks like just out of the factory?

enfestid 10-13-2003 03:17 PM

Heh, I wish you guys could release what you did as a mod for CZ or something...

zoso 10-13-2003 03:27 PM

Quote:

Heh, I wish you guys could release what you did as a mod for CZ or something...

yeah!!!...................... wait no nevermind i won't say it.

for the soap opera i want to be the evil Stefano that takes Hope's true identity and replaces it with a whore of a princess.

(Days of Our Lives... best soap opera every)!!!

used to watch it for years... well.. i've said too much

Kalabalana 10-13-2003 03:27 PM

we already went over this
I said that maybe ritual should be 'hacked' just like valve, with all their cz content being leaked

zoso 10-13-2003 03:30 PM

Quote:

Zoso, I have checked your demo reel...

people actually go to my website?

[pause]

COOL!! SWEET!! THANKS!!

Ice_Commando 10-13-2003 05:40 PM

Quote:

from rizzuh
Quote:

What the hell, what kind of dumbass excuse is that? I have the new models scrolling through standard CS animations right now in front of me, so they're obviously lying. Even if the animations were a big deal, you can still save the models and just apply the regular old cs animations to them.
Not a smart move by valve, these models are going to start springing up on every CS skins site in a few weeks anyway.

kevin442 10-13-2003 05:49 PM

Ok so on the main news page they said that rituals updated weapon models were going to be used on the 12 missions in the deleted scenes page. So if u want to use the new models you got 12 maps that u can use them on plsu special equipment for that map.

enfestid 10-13-2003 05:53 PM

Hopefully so. I may buy CZ if that's true, along with the CZ missions you guys made.

kanaeda 10-13-2003 05:55 PM

just another shining example of the level (read: lack) of professional behavior and courtesy that seems to be so common of valve software lately. They piss on their developers, they piss on their publishter, hell they even piss on their potential buying market now. way to go!

BrushBaron 10-13-2003 05:57 PM

We used the new models to their fullest potential. If Valve wants the gamers to have a great experience they will use the new models in our 12 missions.

enfestid 10-13-2003 05:58 PM

Quote:

just another shining example of the level (read: lack) of professional behavior and courtesy that seems to be so common of valve software lately. They piss on their developers, they piss on their publishter, hell they even piss on their potential buying market now. way to go!

Guess you don't like Valve anymore? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

enfestid 10-13-2003 06:00 PM

I hope so... I also hope they keep the save-game feature, but it sounds like it will lack that since they were "deleted scenes".

kevin442 10-13-2003 06:38 PM

OK so the maps in the deleted scenes folder. are those the orginal single player missions or are they multiplayer maps or are they jsut maps that you can play on alone (without bots).

kanaeda 10-13-2003 06:55 PM

I'm not exactly impressed with how they've been handling things lately.

enfestid 10-13-2003 09:44 PM

Quote:

OK so the maps in the deleted scenes folder. are those the orginal single player missions or are they multiplayer maps or are they jsut maps that you can play on alone (without bots).

They're the actual single player missions, from what I can tell from the press.

Quote:

I'm not exactly impressed with how they've been handling things lately.

I'll second that.