Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Condition Zero & CS Xbox (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The CS:CZ models (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14167)

Gambit 10-14-2003 01:49 PM

The CS:CZ models

now that they removed almost all the ritual stuff in cs:cz, is it true that they also removed all those nice models? Cuz i only can find screens of cs:cz in multiplayer with those old nasty models.

Or is it like this: new models in singeplayer
old models in multiplayer

I really really don't hope that they removed the new models
totally else cs cz (believe me) sucks.

Or are all those screens out-dated and in cs cz those new models are still used.

Main question: are those new models in cs removed and replaced with those old ones?

Don't mind my bad english

Dark Horizon 10-14-2003 05:25 PM

Re: The CS:CZ models

we honestly dont know, i'd hope our models are in there.

i'd guess thats a valve question

kanaeda 10-14-2003 05:26 PM

see, that's the thing. nobody seems to really know for sure. it sounds like they yanked all of the updated models (weapons and players) because of some mysterious compatability issue that, interestingly enough, never caused a single problem at Ritual. Then there's some odd mention of them being implemented in the 'deleted scenes' (read: valves third attempt to figure out what the hell they wanted CZ to be) - which makes me really skeptical as to how they still work in those missions but not anywhere else.

kevin442 10-14-2003 05:48 PM

Maybe ritual should go to valves "crib" and show them how to make a game. Am i wrong?

Ice_Commando 10-14-2003 09:15 PM

It makes me wonder if valve is making it so that you have to unlock the new models, since that would add some replay value-- but they probably would have said something because as it stands, alot of people are on the fence about buying it just for that, including me. I just mentioned it because there's both a models folder, and a new models folder in turtle rock's CZ-- the new models folder has rituals work with standard CS animations.
Btw, great work on those skins dark.

enfestid 10-14-2003 10:07 PM

I say we let Gabe lose in the Ritual offices and they all hunt him down, Predator-style.

Kalabalana 10-14-2003 10:55 PM

play the game before you start making too many assumptions

Vash 10-14-2003 11:15 PM

Quote:

play the game before you start making too many assumptions

i agree, altough it seemed that the ritual version was the best if u have played the leaked demo u probably think that it wasesnt that fun well at least for hardcore cs players like myself looking for a challenge. It was so basic stright forward easy style shit that it was VERY!!! boring now i like ritual and all and ant got nothing on the m but i can see why valve went with this no way

Automator 10-15-2003 03:20 AM

im not sure if we can post these things (feel free to delete this) but the cz i got a chance to play felt more like half life than cs. It is still a very entertaining game, just different. im glad valve got another cool mode and the new and redone maps look amazing. if only they didnt cut so much of rituals missions and left the models.

zoso 10-15-2003 12:36 PM

whatever the community wants to call the missions and gameplay that ritual actually created it doesn't matter. but know this: ritual was HIRED by valve to create a game to their [valve's] specifications. the game ritual created is the game that valve asked (contracted) them to create.

i'm not saying it's good i'm not saying it's bad (i've honestly played it too much to care for it anymore, nor do i want to pose my opinion on you guys.) people like games people hate games no big deal.

the only thing that i'm upset about (i'm speaking for myself) is the way valve decides to relay all of this information about the game to ritual as a company: THEY DON'T. nor are they obligated to, it would just be repectful, courteous, and professional. all i'm trying to say is at the least valve could tell us what's up.

oh yeah... and what's up with the whole "ritual's stuff doesn't work" approach that's being taken to this new czero?

anyway... i'm trying not to worry anymore or let things like this get to me.

if you like the game good for you. if you don't then i guess it just wasn't what you wanted.

Gambit 10-15-2003 01:41 PM

here's what i think valve did with cs:cz. There are 12 deleted scences, valve removed all the ritual added weapons, so the deleted scences are the ones with the scripts that needed to complete the map with a rocket launcher,..... reason??

But why they removed those damned nice models, WHO KNOWS? Those models was 1 of the reason that i was gonna buy that game.

Now what benifit do u get buy buying the game (cs:cz) or d/l 1.6? The maps? Then why call the game cs:cz instead of cs mappack with single player-version. You don't get other player models, weapons,... Just restyled maps.

After playing the game (single-player version) and you completed the game, the only thing EXTRA in multiplayer is the restyled maps. No new weapons, no new models, No spetznaz,...

But im still gonna buy that game since i preordered it and payed 10$ advance. And in the hope that they didn't removed those models.

I think valve did a bad job buy removing those models and weapons.

Why did valve released a cscz trailer (the commercial trailer) where there are still those player models, weapons,....? maybe for This is the game you're NEVER going to play? I think that they (valve) are to ashamed to release a trailer with the NEW version and the old models ?

This was my conclusion.

You may delete this post if it is over the line.

badman 10-15-2003 02:46 PM

The trailer was released by Sierra. The only possible explanation I can think of is that Valve didn't let Sierra know that substantial changes were being made to Condition Zero.

MoonChild 10-17-2003 09:39 AM

Quote:

the only thing that i'm upset about (i'm speaking for myself) is the way valve decides to relay all of this information about the game to ritual as a company: THEY DON'T. nor are they obligated to, it would just be repectful, courteous, and professional. all i'm trying to say is at the least valve could tell us what's up.

oh yeah... and what's up with the whole "ritual's stuff doesn't work" approach that's being taken to this new czero?

anyway... i'm trying not to worry anymore or let things like this get to me.

hey dude ,whats up?

well... when i read cs:cz gold ,i was so happy...
then i saw those crap old models and i started to wonder ,huh?what the f***???

and now i read everywhere that they removed all thoses sweet models and textures we did?????
what the [censored] crap it that????????
i cannot undestand a minute they just did that.
is it vengeance or jealousy from the cs creators????could it be something else frankly?:)that "not working models" story is just plainBS

just hope theres a pack soon or a patch after "everyone " in the community realise that point.

zoso 10-17-2003 12:29 PM

good to see you on the forums dave. i'm actually past all of the yelling and ranting stage. i just hope no matter what is in the game that the community likes it.

Ice_Commando 10-17-2003 01:41 PM

I'm beginning to think this is all because of microsoft's involvement.
First of all, nothing is heard about CZ for a long time, then it suddenly goes gold and annouced that it will come out on the same time as CSX-- releasing them simultaneously will give CSX more of a chance of beating out the pc version. And with CZ going gold right now, it wouldn't take as long as the 18th to hit stores, furthermore valve would have allowed us to get it from steam anyway. Then the whole reason behind the missing player models: Valve was depending on ritual's single player game for the major content, but it ended up being scrapped-- so to make up for the missing content they grabbed all of CSX's (at the time) exclusive maps. Because they did that, they had to even it out and drop the new player models from CZ because they need CSX to have the edge.

That's just my theory, it could be wrong, but I believe it more than that bullshit valve's giving out about the models not working.

MoonChild 10-17-2003 02:05 PM

Quote:

good to see you on the forums dave. i'm actually past all of the yelling and ranting stage. i just hope no matter what is in the game that the community likes it.

well ,im late with all this.
im just at the point i realize how things are and it hurts me
and im all crazy....
but in the end people are having fun with the leaked one (i dont know what to think about that ,happy because its not somewhere in a trash and sad because it could have been released like that)
and i hope because its still in the final game (deleted scenes)there will be a way to make those models to "work" even if they(tb) told its not possible...(the assets are there so...)
theres ALWAYS a way.either they are bad liars or there is something I just can't understand.

i see the future as a miraculous patch dudes...:)
(sorry about my english guys)

PeteRoy 10-18-2003 11:46 AM

I am DEEPLY disappointed from Valve. Ritual player and weapon models were AMAZINGLY GREAT.

It is about time to ditch the old ugly badly made models. Gooseman was NEVER a talented artist. And what's up with the 8 year old Quake 1 engine in use in a new game?

Look what's going on in steam forums:

http://steampowered.com/forums/showt...threadid=27259

xile 10-18-2003 01:13 PM

UMm it has its own engine its not the quake engine.. its quake technology...

Sp4wn3h 10-18-2003 01:43 PM

Kar

xile 10-18-2003 01:53 PM

hmm These guys dont know what they are talking about I love the nea m4a1 its my favorite model next to the mp5.. the mp5 looks great.

Sp4wn3h 10-18-2003 02:25 PM

Yup, the best cs m4 along with the best cs arms ever for cs !, now where to get the others....

Ice_Commando 10-18-2003 02:58 PM

Anyone know if that comes with the p and w models? I'm kind of surprised CSnation would host that, since it is leaked material. And about the review, 7/10? CSnation has the worst model reviews you can find anywhere.

Sp4wn3h 10-18-2003 03:08 PM

No it doesn't come with pees only wees and sounds, as far as i see it, if these models aren't in the new cz in anyway rituals work has been wated and work like that should NOT be wasted.

p.s i'd give it a week or so before all of it starts to turn up.

MoonChild 10-18-2003 06:24 PM

i just read the cs nation M4 review
its just all plain crap
who do they think they are??...:)
blurry, and best of all:"generally not very pleasing to the eye..." oh yeah the inspiration was from some kind of an other m4 out there

i'd like to show them how "generally not very pleasing to the eye" we can turn the reviewer's face ...so he'll really know what does that means.

Sp4wn3h 10-18-2003 06:43 PM

Quote:

i just read the cs nation M4 review
its just all plain crap
who do they think they are??...:)
blurry, and best of all:"generally not very pleasing to the eye..." oh yeah the inspiration was from some kind of an other m4 out there

i'd like to show them how "generally not very pleasing to the eye" we can turn the reviewer's face ...so he'll really know what does that means.

Agreed, i love this M4 and its clearly better than the defaults, someone even said they liked the default 1.6 M4 better !?!