Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Condition Zero & CS Xbox (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   About Ritualistic (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15155)

dnbull 03-26-2004 06:12 PM

About Ritualistic

Hey guy's, are they going to update the DEL SCENES for CZ, or they just going to leave it buggy, sorry i'm a newbie.

badman 03-26-2004 07:25 PM

Re: About Ritualistic

Welcome to the forums!

Patches = Valve. While Ritual was contracted to create the missions, any post-release game support (including patches) is up to Valve/Sierra. I don't know what their current plans are for that.

kanaeda 03-26-2004 08:35 PM

I think it's probably safe to assume that Valve has little, or no, intention of patching the game to fix bugs in the deleted scenes. They a) stopped development on the missions before they were done (ie., functional but buggy) and b) included them as 'deleted scenes' after they shifted gears yet again and passed the project to Turtle Rock.

Ya never know, if enough people can convince them they were wrong about ditching the missions maybe a patch could be a possibility.

CT_Seal007 03-26-2004 09:12 PM

Valve has proven multiple times that they follow the popular demands of the fans. Most recently, negative reviews from "established" game reviewers a year ago caused Valve to go scitzophrenic and pull the plug on the project. If you voice your opinions loud enough Valve will be on their knees sucking your dicks.

kevin442 03-26-2004 10:08 PM

roflmao nicly put. omg

dnbull 03-27-2004 12:53 AM

hehe, well I really love the Ritualistic mission, they are really awesome, but there are sooooo many bug's, they have to fix it [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. I really hope they fix it. Thank's for the greetings too bad [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Kiltron 03-27-2004 03:07 AM

From a professional standpoint, there are many factors which may be causing bugs for people playing CS or CZ. Most of the bugs that have been posted aren't necessarily from what people can call buggy unfinished levels. I can play through the game which I have several times since it's release, on my work machine, and on my home machine, and have yet to run into any problems. This goes for both Deleted Scenes and Tour of Duty. This is from a retail CD install as well. Some of the bugs may also be related to having previously installed any leaked versions. Any unoffical packs that have been downloaded and installed to merge CZ models into CS. Possible corrupted downloads, etc. And of course one of the major factors is hardware. The game has only been out for a couple of days. I'm sure Valve will handle fixing these issues as time permits.