Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Condition Zero & CS Xbox (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Ritual's Condition Zero (DS) A.I. (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15202)

alpha_crusis 04-08-2004 09:24 PM

Ritual\'s Condition Zero (DS) A.I.

I love CZ, both of it.
Ritual's work in the game is great, but the AI is.. uh.. not the best. I remember in Gamespy preview in 2003 that Ritual will use Half-Life's marines AI, which is great. But, in the game, the enemies (and teammates) are not as good as the Half-Life's marines.
What's happened with Half-Life's marines AI? If Ritual's CZ has a better AI, I'm sure CZ will be so much better.

BrushBaron 04-08-2004 11:53 PM

Re: Ritual\'s Condition Zero (DS) A.I.

We are glad you and many others like the missions. Thanks for the feedback!

kanaeda 04-09-2004 12:03 AM

Unfortunately, compared with todays standards, the HL grunt AI really isn't anything too impressive. I'm pretty sure the grunt/marine AI was used as a base for the AI in CZ. Seeing as how Ritual never got the opportunity to fully polish the deleted scenes, it's understandable why there are issues with the AI.

With that said, the AI, as seen in HL, is extremely fragile. we ran into simple problems like a soldier with a task, and running to a specific location, would completely break if you saved and loaded the game. That's just one example of the multitude of problems we ran into. Between buggy code and un-polished game sequences it's surprising there aren't still more issues popping up related to the AI. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

alpha_crusis 04-10-2004 12:04 AM

Thanks for the answer.
Anyway, do you have any plan to update your CZ? I'm pretty sure Steam technology will allow you guys to polish CZ even more.

badman 04-10-2004 12:07 AM

If and when CZ:DS will be patched is entirely up to Valve. We don't really know what their current plans are for that.

Xenogenetic 04-10-2004 01:56 PM

i just finished cz ds, the last level was fun, the credits were cool
but....
1. more levels
2. the A.I. is good, it just needs to be made smarter and more strategic
3. more awsomeness

Kalabalana 04-12-2004 09:20 PM

you liked the ai? they actually based the code off of how a rabbit in box responds when the box is kicked

Xenogenetic 04-12-2004 09:45 PM

thanx for that tip, if you need me ill be kicking rabbit filled boxes while playing cz

badman 04-12-2004 09:45 PM

Quote:

they actually based the code off of how a rabbit in box responds when the box is kicked

Nah, it's not that good. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]