Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Condition Zero & CS Xbox (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   CS2 News (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15346)

kevin442 05-12-2004 06:41 PM

CS2 News

Got this off of Shacknews

Half-Life 2 & Counter-Strike 2 News [01:49 pm]
161 Comments - Steve Gibson
Well we just got back from the HL2 show and there are a few things to note that I'll put in courier just to annoy everyone:
- Half-Life 2 multiplayer is Counter-Strike on the Source engine and will be available at the same time as when Half-Life 2 ships. Counter-Strike gameplay doesn't seem to have changed much, if at all. Graphics of course, are much improved.
- Half-Life 1 is also ported over to the Source engine and will be available at the same time as when Half-Life 2 ships.
- During the presentation, Gabe Newell reiterated that Half-Life 2 is shipping this summer, although no specific date was given.
- Team Fortress 2 was not mentioned at all.
We have also gotten some footage of Counter-Strike running on the Source engine that will be available on FileShack later this evening.

Stylsy 05-13-2004 01:58 PM

Re: CS2 News

Apparently what was shown was the original CS on the source engine.. not CS2.

Rusty_le_Cyborg 05-13-2004 07:23 PM

If that's ordinary CS you can keep CS2 :-) I want it now!!!

Cheers for now

kevin442 05-13-2004 08:22 PM

ya did u guys catch that video of cs on the hl2 source engine. omg it looks so fricken awesome.

I WANT MINE RIGHT NOW

badman 05-13-2004 08:37 PM

Quote:

From Eurogamer:
When quizzed, he said that the game would not be a free update, but would in fact be released commercially via retail and for download via Steam at the same time as Half-Life 2, at the end of this summer.

All other Half-Life content would also be made available in enhanced form, he said, including Half-Life itself, Team Fortress, Opposing Force and Blue Shift. It is not known what the retail price will be, but it is thought to be at standard budget price.

Sounds like you won't have to buy HL2 in order to play Source CS.

Xenogenetic 05-14-2004 12:05 AM

I cant find the CS movie, is it in the E3 video?

BrushBaron 05-14-2004 02:05 AM

yeah, there's a 700+ meg movie, it's starts off showing the beginning to HL2 and at the very end after 20 - 30 min of video they show a couple minutes of CS.

Xenogenetic 05-16-2004 10:34 PM

wow it only took 2 hours in line at file planet, and then another hour to download the video, BUT I DID IT, and it looks awsome, now if they could spend less time making vids and more time making the game

Automator 05-17-2004 06:25 AM

The video does look crazy, i hope all the player and weapon models are temporary, rituals kill the cs source ones. But the water splashing up and the physics and the look, im looking forward to this more than hl2.

Kalabalana 05-18-2004 07:05 PM

there will not be cs 2 coming out, cs source will be a port of counter-strike, and counter-strike will just keep updating.
I don't see how they could improve on cs other then upgrading the engine, or maybe once and fuc*ing for all snapping the fu*king hitboxes directly onto the sprites

Xenogenetic 05-19-2004 12:50 AM

They could add other cool weapons, like a second machine gun, more pistols and rifles, and maybe if they want, THE MANIPULATOR GUN and maybe a spetsnaz model.