Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Condition Zero & CS Xbox (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New Deleted Scenes map [rubble] (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15392)

Abalone 05-31-2004 03:23 PM

New Deleted Scenes map [rubble]

Here is a new map for Deleted Scenes. I hope everyone enjoys it. http://rubble11.tripod.com/

kevin442 05-31-2004 11:05 PM

Re: New Deleted Scenes map [rubble]

Thank you i am downloading this as i speak. hope it is worth it

Are you the creator of this map?

kevin442 05-31-2004 11:11 PM

i noticed in the read me that the locations you put the files are from the retail version of cz. where do i put the files if i have the steam version and are the .bsp files map files and the other ones graph files?

Abalone 05-31-2004 11:15 PM

You would put the bsp files in maps and the nod and nrp files in graphs with the retail version. I would amagine it would be the same with the steam version. Hope it works for you

kevin442 05-31-2004 11:19 PM

is this ds map jsut like the others, with objectives and some story to it and you get like a briefing in the beginning

Abalone 05-31-2004 11:29 PM

Yes your mission is to rescue cia operatives held captive. I kept the focus more on the combat than the scripted sequences simply because there is little info about deleted scenes mapping available on the web, and many of the things I was used to with half life are slightly different.

kevin442 06-01-2004 12:31 AM

can someone who has successfully played this ds rubble map tell me where i put the files. i have the steam version so the read me doesnt help that much.

thanks in advance

Kevin

Rusty_le_Cyborg 06-01-2004 07:19 PM

Abalone, is this your mission?

It's really rather good. The only thing that might be nicer is the addition of a cinematic intro, rather than the textual explanation.

I've just played it through on normal difficulty :-) and it was very nicely done. I won't spoil it for those are are going to install it, but you should enjoy it!

I look forward to your next one!!! (No pressure!)

Cheers for now

Abalone 06-01-2004 09:56 PM

Cool... I'm glad you liked it. I'll try to do a better intro on my next one. I need to practice more with scripted sequences and movie making.

kevin442 06-02-2004 12:10 AM

im having a problem

i did what u said and i typed in the console of deleted scenes this

map rubble

after i type that my deleted scenes crash and i get this error

couldnt load ritual_standard.wad

Do you know what i am doing wrong?

Thanks in Advance

Kevin

Abalone 06-02-2004 01:42 AM

Check to see if ritual_standard.wad is in the czeror folder. If it isn't you might have accidentally deleted it? Mabe backup saved games and try a reinstall.

kevin442 06-02-2004 01:54 AM

i cant find that file you told me to look for but i have a czritual_standard.wad in my cstrike folder. I tried renaming it to ritual_standard.wad and i placed it in the deleted scenes folder and i booted up ds and i type map rubble and i got the same error. I dont think i erased it because I dont monkey around with stuff in the C:/ unless i am absolutly sure i dont need it. maybe rusty knows. some guy on the steam forums has the same problem. Well i got to hit the sack. Ill get back to you sometime in the afternoon tomorrow

cant wait to get this to work [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Kevin

PS: you have any plans on making some more ds maps?

Abalone 06-02-2004 02:24 AM

Kevin check the Rubble download site.

Abalone 06-02-2004 02:40 AM

I have another map in the works... Well see how it goes.

NinjaGaijin 06-02-2004 07:36 AM

Hey dude the link on yoursite to the file 'RitualWad.zip'
is not working!! please fix! for the steam pre-order people!!

FLeK0 06-02-2004 09:35 AM

YOu have to install it to Steam's CZ Deleted scenes folder, not the regular cz one
so put the files to steam/steamapps/whatever_is_the_ds_folder/czeror/maps and maps/graphs

edit: i've found this in the Steam forums:
Quote:

Description: This was VERY hard to get working. The first thing you have to do was open up "condition zero deleted scenes base content.gcf" (I recommend getting GCFScape to do this). Go to the czeror sub-folder, and extract ritual_standard.wad, sandstorm.wad and turncrank.wad. Put them in your czeror folder (I mean, the actual one not in the gcf). Now you can start the map like how you start the Swamp map series (Load a saved game, then type changelevel rubble in the console).

kevin442 06-02-2004 10:30 AM

i clicked on the link for the steam wad and it said that the file was not found?

Rusty_le_Cyborg 06-02-2004 11:58 AM

Abalone

Just a bit of an idea. This map shares the same name as one of the "lost maps" which may be released in one of Valve's updates. Would it be much of a hassle to change the names of your maps to something that won't confuse people?

Cheers for now

Abalone 06-02-2004 03:47 PM

I had no Idea there was an official Rubble map that might be released. I have changed the map name from Rubble to Bloody Rubble at the Website. There wont be a conflict with any official maps later released because i didn't add the cz_ before rubble.bsp so no worrys. I also added a link at the "Bloody Rubble" download site for the necessary wads to play with Steam. Sorry for any inconvienience to you steam users. I built this map using the retail version of Condition Zero and was unaware of the differences with the Steam version.

Abalone 06-02-2004 05:04 PM

Well tripod deleted the Bloody Rubble site. I must have pissed off somebody. I will try today to set up with another link.

kevin442 06-02-2004 07:08 PM

Please get it back up. I want to play this map so badly.

Rusty_le_Cyborg 06-02-2004 07:37 PM

Hmm... I think the point was that you might consider the name Rubble to have been "reserved" :-)

I'm just thinking that if the creator of de_rubble wanted to make a mission based on his map, then there would be much confusion.

I wonder while you are sorting this website etc whether you'd consider changing the name (and obviously some references within the maps) to something like Debris.....or better still cz_ruins

Cheers for now

HmmBrd 06-02-2004 10:10 PM

I must add after adding the missing wads to my Steam folder I gave the map a try and I have to say G R E A T map Abalone. *note: I just copied those wad files from my valve\condition zero\czeror folder to my Steam\SteamApps\email folder\condition zero deleted scenes\czeror folder and voila works great!

So when is your next one coming? j/k

kevin442 06-02-2004 11:55 PM

abalone how is the site coming. Think you can get it back up and running by tomorrow?

Abalone 06-02-2004 11:58 PM

The "Bloody Rubble" map can now be found here...http://blake.prohosting.com/brubble/