Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Condition Zero & CS Xbox (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Kiltron, do me and a lot of us a favour (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15506)

jimmyjoebob 06-29-2004 07:30 PM

Kiltron, do me and a lot of us a favour

Please upload the three new DS missions released in the steam update onto fileplanet, it would help a lot of us CD install ppl.

To be honest, I like the concept of steam but steam itself is flawed and I won't use it, not if my life depended on it and I'm pissed at valve for what they are doing to the rest of us.

I didn't pay to download a bandwidth stealing program that crashes every update and usually gets screwed up in a few weeks and will require a clean reinstall!

I hate valve for just leaving the CD install community in the dust and I'm sure someone will somehow get a legit reason to sue their asses.

Anyways, kiltron plz upload the three new missions(miami, truth and run) onto fileplanet and I'll mirror them on two of my 20 MG upload sites.

Rusty_le_Cyborg 06-30-2004 03:37 AM

Re: Kiltron, do me and a lot of us a favour

Anyone who posts those files is likely to get their butt sued by Valve for releasing content.

By hosting the "missing" wad file for Steam users with his expansion Abalone is really doing this too...

Looks like you will have to either embrace Steam (I don't think you will get far with HL2 etc if you don't have it) or wait until they decide to release a patch.

Cheers for now

Michele 06-30-2004 04:14 AM

I hope they release something also for the stores version. I really don't understand why valve continue to support steam users and ignore the other users. If they don't wont to support them, why they sold games in stores? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

dead_bwoy 06-30-2004 04:58 AM

...and cliffe says WON servers will be phased out by the end of summer... probably around the release of HL2...

jimmyjoebob 06-30-2004 07:24 PM

Dude, the CD version of CZ isn't on WON. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

dead_bwoy 06-30-2004 08:04 PM

but CS 1.5 still is, and users will be forced to upgrade to steam (CS 1.6), or steam will make 1.5 "steam compatible."

jimmyjoebob 06-30-2004 09:36 PM

In the immortal words of 7of9(I'm a trekkie, it means star trek fan):

"You/We will adapt."

And, trust me friend, ppl will crack WON somehow... They will...

IMO Valve should wait until the whole community(WON included) agrees that Steam(ing pile of sh*t) is flawless and it is safe to make the transition.