Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Condition Zero & CS Xbox (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Hey Ritual guys, what maps gearbox maps did u use? (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15627)

jimmyjoebob 08-01-2004 04:27 PM

Hey Ritual guys, what maps gearbox maps did u use?

Can someone at ritual please give me a list of all gearbox maps you used in your version(now the DS).

kevin442 08-01-2004 07:08 PM

Re: Hey Ritual guys, what maps gearbox maps did u use?

i dont think they used any but i might be mistaken. I think they made all the maps from scratch.

Automator 08-01-2004 07:56 PM

they scrapped gearbox' stuff.

kanaeda 08-02-2004 02:14 PM

I don't remember specifics, but several of the DS missions were put together using previous level geometry as a starting point.

jimmyjoebob 08-02-2004 02:46 PM

Oh come on! Look at downed, the multiplayer version of it even has an easter egg from it's previous author; crinity left their logo and someone elses thing there.

Look at truth, it has also changed very little, the half with the waterfall(it is in the DS) was cut out for the multiplayer and the doors are no longer round as well as a new rock and some other stuff but the fact remains that it WAS and IS cs_toruko.

These got me thinking, what other maps did valve recommend for Ritual's version, I remember that the Ritual ppl also used the map de_vessel and thankfully didn't ruin it, infact, it still remains the same.

I know that druglab was called junglecamp.

There was a de_hankagai and a de_otaku(they are hankagai and run!...)

I also recall a de_silo(silo), a de_pipeline(pipedream) and ofcoarse de_genoserv(witch is now Rise Hard).

What other maps did you guys use? Are the rest yours(recoil, lost cause ect ect...)?

Some big detective work I've done here huh? It was very simple, all it took was my wally wad viewer/editor, some old screenshots and my nogen(brain).

badman 08-02-2004 04:58 PM

Ritual worked on those missions two years ago, which makes it somewhat difficult to remember these things.

Yeah, some missions were based on Gearbox levels. No, I don't have a list.

jimmyjoebob 08-02-2004 05:26 PM

Hold on, I gotta scrach myself in two hard to reach places...

BrushBaron 08-02-2004 06:18 PM

What's your point?

Yeah some some missions started out in gearbox's hands and Ritual finished them up.

"de_vessel and thankfully didn't ruin it..." we tried but the LD's immense talent hindered our attempts to ruin that level. It sucks I know... maybe next game?

Automator 08-02-2004 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BrushBaron:
"de_vessel and thankfully didn't ruin it..." we tried but the LD's immense talent hindered our attempts to ruin that level. It sucks I know... maybe next game?

BURN!!!!