Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Comments (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   On SiN Episodes Multiplayer (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16302)

badman 07-14-2005 10:07 PM

On SiN Episodes Multiplayer

Ritual's lead game designer Shawn Ketcherside stopped by our SiN Episodes forum to address concerns that SiN Episodes: Emergence might not ship with multiplayer:
<blockquote>
Episodic content gives us the chance to introduce new gameplay elements to the SiN Universe and respond quickly to player feedback. Most importantly, it will enable us to give the community the multiplayer experience they really want. With the power given to us by the Source Engine and the freedom offered by self-publishing, we don't want to dump standard vanilla multiplayer on to the community.

[...]

One important step for us is to give you, the player, a voice in this process. To do this, in the near future you will find a comprehensive multiplayer survey on SinEpisodes.com that will help us shape the game into a multiplayer experience worthy of the SiN name.
</blockquote>
Click here to read the rest of Shawn's post. It sounds like Ritual is really trying to make sure that SiN Episodes multiplayer will be special and not just another tacked-on standard multiplayer mode. Now I know I wouldn't mind seeing SiN Episodes ship with multiplayer, but frankly, I'd rather wait a few more weeks for a kickass multiplayer experience (SinCTF anyone?) than being stuck with something that gets old in a day.

ninken 07-15-2005 12:56 AM

Re: On SiN Episodes Multiplayer

Quote:

Originally posted by badman:
Now I know wouldn't mind seeing SiN Episodes ship with multiplayer, but frankly, I'd rather wait a few more weeks for a kickass multiplayer experience (SinCTF anyone?) than being stuck with something that gets old in a day.

I'm IN! I'll make sure you even get your double damage

TheDarthJedi 07-15-2005 04:04 AM

and offhand grapple!!

(yea, so it was ment for CTF, but DAMMIT it was *FUN* in dm too!!!!)

bassmod.

GOOD TIEMES!

**DONOTDELETE** 07-15-2005 02:15 PM

why not start with standard deathmatch, then add more as you go? If people don't want standard DM, they can wait for "Grope the running elexis" or whatever multiplayer variant that occurs later.

JezzyBall 07-15-2005 03:07 PM

*pouts really big. Lip dragging on the floor big*

FINE! I'll wait.

*mumbles*

Better G.D. well have off hand grapple.......

Grandpapa 07-15-2005 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheDarthJedi:
and offhand grapple!!

bassmod.

GOOD TIEMES!

Hmm, hint to ritual, bassmod should be included in episodes [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Those were the days, when Kamala had his "Snipers in the dark" server up and running [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] At least it would be nice to see something similar.

TheDarthJedi 07-15-2005 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Grandpapa:
Quote:

Originally posted by TheDarthJedi:
and offhand grapple!!

bassmod.

GOOD TIEMES!

Hmm, hint to ritual, bassmod should be included in episodes [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Those were the days, when Kamala had his "Snipers in the dark" server up and running [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] At least it would be nice to see something similar.

/agree