Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   SiN Episodes Editing (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   [WIP] White Blade Reskin (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17217)

Omega1 05-06-2006 06:20 PM

[WIP] White Blade Reskin

I'm sure most people were quite confused at seeing Blade's skin tone inexplicably changed to black in SiN Episodes (I'm not aware of him possessing any chameleon-like powers, at least none that have been revealed yet), so I'm working on a reskin to make him white again like he was in the original SiN. It's not perfect, mainly because I hate dealing with all the subtleties of the human look (Damn complex organisms!) but I think this is still somewhat decent so far. Actually, I think all that's really left to do is the view hands skin.

I based the skin on the original Blade texture. It was kind of hard to make an actual comparison since the SiN 1 texture wasn't all that high-res, but that was the reference I used anyway. I also compared my reskin to the skin tones of the new JC, Jessica, and Elexis SiN Episodes models to keep things consistent. Also, I made Blade's eyes blue because that was the color of Blade's eyes in the original game.

Here's a preview pic of the skin. I would have taken a preview picture of the skin on the actual Blade model in Source's model viewer, but the Blade model is still encrypted. Also, I was going to take in ingame picture, but I forgot why I didn't. Something must have prevented me from doing that. Anyways, since I forgot to label the picture, try and guess which one is the black Blade and which is the white one!:

I'm also planning on a reskin to remove Jessica's nose ring, as per early concept art picture things.

he_the_great 05-06-2006 06:52 PM

Re: [WIP] White Blade Reskin

the thing is he was black at heart. I was actually surprised that his skin was white when I first saw him.

Anyway, really impressive redone skin.

ertertwert 05-06-2006 10:01 PM

To me, it doesn't matter if he is black or white. He is still a badass.

Wookiestick 05-06-2006 10:32 PM

http://blackorwhitepsp.ytmnd.com/

sorry I couldn't resist.

Xenogenetic 05-06-2006 10:40 PM

Blade is black, he was never white.

deceiver 05-06-2006 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xenogenetic:

QFT

What I find ironic is that the skin color of his arm in SiN Eps is white and not black like in SiN.

Xenogenetic 05-07-2006 12:01 AM

What is QFT?

ertertwert 05-07-2006 12:04 AM

Quoted For Truth.

Solid Snake 05-07-2006 12:19 AM

In the first game, Blade was evidently mulatto. In Episodes he looks a little more tanned, but still seems mulatto to me.

In short: half black, half white.

Xenogenetic 05-07-2006 12:20 AM

Sweet awesomeness, and it is true, I know my SiN.

Omega1 05-07-2006 12:30 AM

Quote:

http://www.ritualistic.com/screens.p...bladefight.jpg
http://www.ritualistic.com/screens.p...bladeboom2.jpg
http://www.ritualistic.com/screens.p..._box_front.jpg

Always appeared to be white to me.

I can understand Blade being of mixed race, but I don't think a tan could change someone's skin color to this degree.

Serevinus 05-07-2006 12:55 AM

I'm just going to assume its a residual side effect of the mutagen he was injected with in SiN 1, probably not the case but not entirely impossible

Xenogenetic 05-07-2006 02:27 AM

He is black, its part of the story. Have you listened to the way he speaks? I know he is black for a fact because it says he is in the SiN Anime and a couple other places.

The MiMiC 05-07-2006 02:30 AM

And if I remember right, in the SiN anime even the DEVS say he's black in one of the interviews.

CommanderZx2 05-07-2006 09:10 AM

He pulled a michael jackson!

It really doesn't matter what he looks like, as long as he's a badass.

Lord_Rick 05-07-2006 09:57 AM

i dont care hugely what his skin colour ends up as in episodes, i would kinda prefer him to be white as he was in the original SiN... but who gives a damn in the end? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Xenogenetic 05-07-2006 11:00 AM

That is the point though, he wasn't white in SiN, and if you really want him to be a white person then just think of him as Paul Wall or some other wegro.

enfestid 05-07-2006 02:12 PM

Does it really matter what color he is anyways?

Moleculor 05-07-2006 02:20 PM

Yes. We need more black main characters in games.

enfestid 05-07-2006 02:45 PM

Why? To show that the world isn't racist?

I don't think it matters if he's white or black. If someone wants to do a white reskin, who cares? It's not like they're forcing you to make him white too. He's black in the game, and that's how I'll play it as. I don't care what color he is.

Grandpapa 05-07-2006 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by enfestid:
Why? To show that the world isn't racist?

I don't think it matters if he's white or black. If someone wants to do a white reskin, who cares? It's not like they're forcing you to make him white too. He's black in the game, and that's how I'll play it as. I don't care what color he is.

Right!

Xenogenetic 05-07-2006 04:35 PM

I don't care either, I just like to prove people wrong.

Omega1 05-07-2006 05:31 PM

Quote:

He is black, its part of the story. Have you listened to the way he speaks? I know he is black for a fact because it says he is in the SiN Anime and a couple other places.

But that doesn't change the fact that, up until now, Blade has always been portrayed as being rather caucasian. He might be 1/8th black or whatever, he certainly has the facial features, but that doesn't explain his mysterious skin color change. And there is a very significant change that cannot simply be explained by a heavy tan. I'll let you judge for yourself:

Blade even appears quite caucasian in that wacky American-made-but-trying-to-emulate-Japanese-animation Sin: The Movie anime movie.

Simply judging by the way he talks isn't a very reliable way to determine his ethnicity, especially since he's a fictional character. If we did that, we could easily assume that, say, Darth Vader is black, even though he's supposed to be an old bald white dude.

Also, I don't see how you can count the Sin anime as being cannon. Seeing as one of the main characters is instantly killed off within minutes of the movie, that might cause it to lose some of its credibility.

And again, Blade's ethnicity is most likely part black, but he certainly never looked it that much judging by the skin color he always had.

OhMan 05-07-2006 05:33 PM

He always looked mixed to me.

Xenogenetic 05-07-2006 05:55 PM

You are right Omega, what in the hell does Robert Atkins know about John Blade. Mr. Atkins can say he is black but that doesn't make Blade black.

EDIT:
How could you think Darth Vader was black?
AND another edit:
I took the smallest possible audio clip from the interview:
www.bspmaps.com/ANDREW/black guy.wav
Note: he says black.