Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   SiN Episodes (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   NSFW-Nude Elexis in Sin 1, will there be in Sin E? (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17236)

impkeeper 05-08-2006 09:57 PM

NSFW-Nude Elexis in Sin 1, will there be in Sin E?

NOT SAFE FOR WORK -

(Guys-Let's add a NSFW tag on these ok?) -Jezzy
---------------------

Play as Nude Elexis

Nude Elexis from Sin
Apparently Ritual made a nude skin for Elexis (the female character in Sin) and hid the skin in /models/pl_elexis/folder-x . This should be where the .def files are. Rename pl_balde to a temporary name. Change pl_elexis to pl_blade and change your temporary folder name to pl_elexis. Run Sin and go to the multiplayer character select menu. BEWARE: Blade will wear the Elexis skin, so be careful when you change to the Elexis character, or you could delete pl_elexis. Change the character select menu to Elexis and change the skin to blade_base5.tga. And Elexis is nude.

http:// img487.imageshack.us/img487/952/nudesin20sa.jpg

back then i thoght it was wayy cool.. but was wondering, will this be added again ?.. in this new vertion ?,

not to play as her through the game lol but to play as her in Multiplayer, did that back then on network lol :P....

anyways now you all know

impkeeper 05-08-2006 10:21 PM

Re: hi Nude Elexis in Sin 1, will there be in Sin

all i meen is some game got to walk the over the thin line that everyone is soo scared of....

i meen if peaple think its trash just corse of nudety, then let those peaple say that, and what i can say to them is

if you dont like it dont buy it...

there is a truckload of us who do and will support the idea [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]..

besides if it happens now or if it happens in 50 years who realy care's sooner or later thay are bound to say its ok.

i dont see what there scared of it wont turn into a Erotic game

it wont turn in to a game its not, it is and will always be a FPS [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]..

and a darn good one at that [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]..

Moleculor 05-08-2006 11:41 PM

I hope so.

While I have my doubts that there will be a developer with the balls to do it, if anyone does, Ritual would be my bet.

That said, I did notice in one of the trailers showing Elexis in her bikini that part of the bikini 'disappears' as if the model of it were shifting into her body. Which may mean that at least the top of her bikini is a model that can either come off, or be removed by either a mod, or by Elexis herself. Topless would still be progress in this post-ESRB world.

ertertwert 05-08-2006 11:46 PM

Not to start a whole debate abou the ESRB, but I think they should release unrated games on steam (18+). The only problem with this is actually making sure only 18 year olds purchse these. But, if you make them "Agree" to being 18 (such as when you visit adult sites or Mature gaming sites), then there shouldn't be a problem. I think by doing this that it will allow the developers more freedom.

he_the_great 05-09-2006 12:18 AM

Stop regulation

Or we could just get rid of the law that says you can't sell games rated M or higher to non-adult. But that won't happen, with what, 1/4 of the US population worried about their precious children.

Moleculor 05-09-2006 12:27 AM

Re: Stop regulation

There is no such law. Such a law is unconstitutional, as it implies that game makers -must- rate their games (and freedom of speech also guarantees the right to not say anything, which includes rating games).

The only thing that prevents AO games from being made are retailers like WalMart and such who won't carry the games on their shelves. Other, smaller retailers, like Hastings, will. But not enough to encourage game makers to make games rated AO.

impkeeper 05-09-2006 12:29 AM

Seriously i prefer my 8 year old see's a nude lady compared to him seeing somone getting there brains shot all over the wall

its easyer to give a lausy excuse as to why she was nude lol :P

or 15 year old for that matter...

nudety is not that bad, its intercorse that can be hard to explain and hard for a kid to tackel... hell in denmark on the beach Girls sunbath nude. and topless in the parks lol :P..

personaly its fun with some challangeing bathing suits i say, gives the mind something to imagen about hehe [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].. instead of just revealing it all..

but its still fun in games when thay do give us the option to see more [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]..

and yeah i agree its requares a dev with balls.. and games with balls what hardcore gamers buy [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]...

-------------------

as for games in denmark. the shopkeeper can only sell a game with Rateing on if the kid has he's parents with em or legal guardian. and then the shopkeeper has to inform the parent or legal gaurdian. that this game is rather vilant. or bloody. or what not....

heard the talk in a shop, over a game GTA.. was just vilance he mentioned tho.. but ohh well. im ok with it..

deceiver 05-09-2006 12:35 AM

You seem to be younger than 12 by the way you type.

MeatPuppet 05-09-2006 12:40 AM

I don't think English is his "mother tongue"

impkeeper 05-09-2006 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by deceiver:
You seem to be younger than 12 by the way you type.

gee thanks Deceiver... now may i hear your self learned Danish maby ?.. you only have 1 year learning time :P, not includeing help from school :P

i learned my english from gameing on MMORPGs.. had no education in english sinse i dident think i'd need it that much but apperntly by the time i went out of school i foundout otherwise lol

i was born 1982. played games like Monkey Island. Zak Mckrekken. Maniack mantion, Pac man, Dungion and dragons and so on [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]....

ertertwert 05-09-2006 12:57 AM

He's just being an idiot, imp. It's only nice to make fun of grammar when English is your first language!

Maniac 05-09-2006 12:57 AM

Steam is pretty good about age restrictions. I mean you have to be at least 17 years old to get a credit card in the USA. If they use their parents with their parent's permission, I have no problem with that.

However if they use it without their parents permission, well then the parents will likely have a problem with more than just them looking at a woman in a tiny bikini.

-Maniac

he_the_great 05-09-2006 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Moleculor:
There is no such law. Such a law is unconstitutional, as it implies that game makers -must- rate their games (and freedom of speech also guarantees the right to not say anything, which includes rating games).

Heh, well first off it wouldn't be. RP/UR would just be put under the only adults can buy category. Anyway, my experience has been that no store is allowed to sell games Rated M to any one under 17. Now I can understand stores like Fred Myers placing such "laws" but not everywhere (granted I don't shop everywhere.

anyway, it my only be Company law, but it can still go away. And if the have the right to not rate their games make AO content games but don't get them rated. Wohoo. So we can already get a way to get around it, now what?

deceiver 05-09-2006 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ertertwert:
He's just being an idiot, imp. It's only nice to make fun of grammar when English is your first language!

Nah, it's just that, from what I see, people who are learning English, seem to apply themselves more than people who already know it. You could type with capitals and periods for a start =P. Anyways, don't mind me, continue to post like that if you wish.

Moleculor 05-09-2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by he_the_great:
Heh, well first off it wouldn't be. RP/UR would just be put under the only adults can buy category. Anyway, my experience has been that no store is allowed to sell games Rated M to any one under 17. Now I can understand stores like Fred Myers placing such "laws" but not everywhere (granted I don't shop everywhere.

anyway, it my only be Company law, but it can still go away. And if the have the right to not rate their games make AO content games but don't get them rated. Wohoo. So we can already get a way to get around it, now what?

Ok...

1. What the -hell- is 'RP/UR'? Do you mean 'rating pending' or 'unrated'? For unrated, read below. For rating pending... uh... when was the last time you saw a game in stores marked 'RP'? The actual -game-, not a pre-order.

2. That's company policy, and company policy only. There are stores, will be stores, and easily can be stores that will sell an M rated game to a 13 year old. Of course, at that point other stores convienently point this fact out to people in an attempt to get them to stop shopping there. Calling it a 'law' is lying.

3. A store won't carry an unrated game, just like movie theaters won't usually carry unrated movies. And, just as most movie theaters won't play NC-17 movies, most stores won't carry AO games. That's just the way things are. Don't like it, start trying to change the store policy. That's store policy, not US law.

4. This is why Steam is such a possibility. If VaLVE and/or Ritual has the guts, they'll put out an AO game. Blatantly. This will have advantages, especially if, say, SiNE does well and the first five or so episodes sell like crazy. Say the sixth one is AO... Now WalMart has to decide... do they forgo that profit? If they do, do other stores? So what if they do, the game is still available to every single person who's bought even ONE of the previous episodes and/or anyone who's bought anything else in Steam. BAM. Instant beginnings of legitimization of AO games.

CanuckErrant 05-09-2006 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Moleculor:
Now WalMart has to decide... do they forgo that profit? If they do, do other stores? So what if they do, the game is still available to every single person who's bought even ONE of the previous episodes and/or anyone who's bought anything else in Steam. BAM. Instant beginnings of legitimization of AO games.

Thing is, since Wal-Mart prides itself on being founded on "Christian values", they'd probably refuse to stock it; but that, at least, isn't true of all the big chains.

Moleculor 05-09-2006 09:21 PM

...which doesn't stop them from stocking the unrated version of American Pie and such. Unrated versions sell something like 10 to 11 times better than the rated versions. So money can convince them to change their tune.

Maniac 05-09-2006 09:26 PM

Yes, Wal-mart has changed their tune when it's come to their "values" (oh who are they kidding, they have no values).

They used to not sell M-Rated games at all, that's been overturned.

They used to not stock unrated movies, that's been overturned as well.

-Maniac

he_the_great 05-09-2006 11:29 PM

When I said RP/UR I was referring to both as it really didn't matter which.

Store policy/Chain policy could be considered law for its stores. I realize it isn't the best term for it but it does work with one of law's many meanings. So I had already relized that it probably wasn't a state/national law (which they would be able to do)

I really don't have much disagreement with you, so I want to know what this is with ragging on Walmart not selling AO games when you even state that most stores won't do it either. And now because of that every statement made about the selling of games bad mouths Walmart when every store has the same practices.

Moleculor 05-10-2006 12:02 AM

Most stores won't do it -because- WalMart won't.

I don't think you understand precisely how much power WalMart wields. If WalMart does it, most other stores do it too. WalMart has something like a a fifth or tenth or some other really high number of all business in the US. So what WalMart does, other people do.

That said, I can only think of one store that doesn't carry AO games (EBGames). I don't go into many others.

When WalMart changes its policy, other stores will too. The only way to get WalMart to change their policy would be to show that there is a significant market for AO games.

Dawgfan 05-10-2006 02:08 AM

Walmart isn't pressuring game stores not to carry AO games. Walmart in directly puts preassure on developers and publishers because walmart isn't going to carry those games. Most game stores are not going to carry these games because there might be financial backlashes from the community. The game industry isn't as big as the Movie industry in terms of the people it reaches yet so movid stores can carry adult movies with little reprucussion. An Ebgames is not going to carry an AO game because a boycott on them will hurt a little more than a boycott on the video store mainly because they have a smaller consumer base. Plus People have become accustomed to AO movies in Video stores and you will not hear news sources talking about scandels concerning NC17 at the video store. People aren't quite use to seeing AO games and many still see games as for kids. People forget when they quote ther percentage of game players in America surveys also count people who play solitaire.

ertertwert 05-10-2006 03:41 AM

But that's his whole point. If they start selling POPULAR unrated games on steam, then stores MIGHT start selling them as well.

he_the_great 05-10-2006 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ertertwert:
But that's his whole point. If they start selling POPULAR unrated games on steam, then stores MIGHT start selling them as well.

And I don't dispute that any more after the replay to my first post. When I made my first post I wasn't thinking that it might just be a store thing. And when he said there was no law I just thought, "Right I have only been assuming all these years with no evidance."

Tero 05-10-2006 05:06 AM

I guess it was okay to sell guns and ammo but no AO video games, gosh

MadMax 05-10-2006 07:58 AM

About some people saying that Steam will open the doors to AO rated games... remember that EA puts Sin Episodes into retail stores on DVD. Ritual can't make SinE AO as long as that happens because of the stores-not-stocking-AO-games problem. Steam would only be the ticket to AO freedom if the game was exclusive to it.