Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   SiN Episodes Tech Help (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Sin stays at 50% downloaded on Steam - please help (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17283)

indyjones2131 05-10-2006 04:12 PM

Sin stays at 50% downloaded on Steam - please help

Its stuck there. I did preload a few days ago. Bandwidth info on steam says zero download rate. I have tried to turn off firewall.

Please help me.

Thank you.

badman 05-10-2006 04:44 PM

Re: Sin stays at 50% downloaded on Steam - please help

Have you tried restarting Steam? I'm guessing the connection to your content server might have died.

indyjones2131 05-10-2006 04:46 PM

Yes, I have restarted Steam about 20 times now. Still - nothing. It says validating SiN for a few seconds and then downloading -50%. It has been stuck there for ever!

Please - anyone - HELP !!!!

Michael_Russell 05-10-2006 04:57 PM

Does it say "Downloading," "Validating," or "Decrypting"?

indyjones2131 05-10-2006 05:03 PM

It says vaildating for a few seconds and then says downloading - 50%.
My internet works fine, I preloaded the game a few days ago, and my bandwidth monitor in steam all says zero.

Psy_Chronic_Storm 05-10-2006 06:55 PM

I am experiencing the exact same issue. Although I took advantage of the preload option as soon as it was available, I ended up buying the retail copy of SiN Episodes: Emergence. Once I came home and started up Steam I got a window saying it's "Validating SiN Episodes: Emergence File 1 out of 1" but it almost instantly disappears, and then in "My Games" it shows SiN Episodes: Emergence as "Downloading: 50%" even though, as Indy pointed out, the Steam Bandwidth Monitor shows no activity whatsoever.

I would would be very grateful for any insight or advice as to how this issue can be resolved. I read and followed the suggestions in the Sin Episodes Pre-Start Checklist. In the first post Michael Russell says that "we've seen a 3-4fps boost by waiting for the preload to finish," so I'd like to find a way to get the preloaded content to work if it will yield greater performance in game. However, if nothing else works, I'm assuming that this can be resolved by simply deleting the local SiN Episodes game content that I have preloaded and then installing the game off of the disk I got at GameStop.

Any response is greatly appreciated.

MeatPuppet 05-10-2006 07:20 PM

All I can think of is that the Valve content servers are getting hammered with traffic.

Michael_Russell 05-10-2006 09:03 PM

What is on the DVD is identical to what was preloaded, so if you've got the DVD, give it a shot.

Monstroooo 05-11-2006 06:59 AM

Re: Sin stays at 50% downloaded on Steam - please

I've been having this problem too. I bought the game this morning (fully preloaded), and it's bee sat on 50% for the last 3 hours or so. It validates OK (so far as I can tell), but won't download whatever it is it needs. I'm on 10am GMT here... I figure its around midnight/1am local time for the server machines, and I would assume that this is a fairly quiet time. Certianly, I would consider this time to be roughly a global off-peak.. if there is such a thing [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm on-side with the view that the download servers are simply full, and steam can't get a connection to get hold of the download. I'm just wondering if theres anything I can do to help? Also, is my download in an orderly queue? Because presumably, I lose my queue position each time I restart steam [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Any tips/advice will be appriciated... but in the meantime I'll just be patient and wait for it to connect.

Monstroooo 05-11-2006 09:54 AM

Re: Sin stays at 50% downloaded on Steam - please

Update: I think my steam order went awry... i've re-orded and am re-downloading, and seem to be connected to the server fine. I should be up and running and an hour or so.

Hurrah!

lokidoki 05-14-2006 04:12 PM

have you tried closing steam, going to the steam installation folder, deleting the 'Client Registry.blob' file, and than restarting?