Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   SiN Episodes Tech Help (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   QUICK FIX for players getting stuck at U4_labs02 (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17482)

Enkidu 05-13-2006 01:28 PM

QUICK FIX for players getting stuck at U4_labs02

Allright,
I'm going to help you. And before you go, note that I give info about getting that console to work for ppl that it didnt work even with the options in the advanced settings checked.

See, *possible spoilers* (not that important) ;

.Are you stuck at the LAB meeting the drug dealer who's about to escape in his submarine?

.Are you someone that skipped that part by entering in the console: map se1_u4labs03?

.Did you realize that your difficulty settings has been reseted and the game is now quite easy?

.Do you want to put back difficulty, and please don't tell me you lost your stats?

.Did you know that there's a scene you are really missing on if you're skipping that part using the @knownissues@ temporary fix.

.Don't wait for a patch, stop crying, I got the solution.

Now, if it DOES NOT WORK, FOLLOW INSTRUCTION BELOW;

1. Go to your SiN directory
2. Go to SE1 folder, then CFG folder
3. Open up autoexec with notepad (open with... command by right clicking)
4. Now are you are suppose to see: ai_norebuildgraph "1"
5. Erase that line, does not matter, doing so will prevent the game from setting it by default to 1 every time you load a save game
6. Now, if your CONSOLE does not work, enter this in the autoexec cfg file:

bind "p" "toggleconsole"

7. Open up SiN Emergence, and load your game. (note don't save after you realize you can't go any further, otherwise, it might not work)

8. Just open up that game, and before getting to the part you are going to be trap between him and the magnetic shield (??), save your game.

9. Press escape to get to the menu, tap P to bring down the console and enter this command:

ai_norebuildgraph "0"

10. Load the game you just saved.

EH VOILA .Now you are ready, get trapped, watch him talk to you, and finally, watch those guards heading for the submarine, and ENJOY the "BONUS SCENE" for those players skipping that part with that primitive trick of changing level.

Like this, you can preserve your stats and the difficulty level without trying to find a damn way to get it back like it was.

Well, first post, but I hope it helped.

NOTE: the ai_norebuildgraph "0" will be set to 1 after a while or you can just put it back on by entering the value 1 instead of zero.

And NOTE as well you can use this trick WHENEVER you want if anyone is getting stuck at other places too.

EDIT:

SinEpisodes\Se1\cfg\
This is the folder for the autoexec.cfg file.

Right-click on it
Then on OPEN WITH...
Use selected program
Finally, choose NOTEPAD

If autoexec is not present, create it in the cfg folder, right clicking in a blank space, click on new, and choose to create a text file.

The only thing you have to do is change the extension .txt for .cfg and entering in the file the commands in I wrote in the instructions.

Enkidu 05-13-2006 01:55 PM

Re: QUICK FIX for players getting stuck at U4_labs02

That would be great if you tell me if it works for you, and remember, the only thing that there is in my autoexec.cfg is:

bind "p" "toggleconsole"

Thx.

Kalabalana 05-13-2006 02:23 PM

Re: QUICK FIX for players getting stuck at U4_labs

after I do that, the guys just stand there, I'm told the "A,I, Disabled"

Edit: Actually it worked when I tried it again, the first time I set the variable prior to loading, that's what caused the guys to just stand there. thanks man!

Enkidu 05-13-2006 02:31 PM

EDIT: GLAD TO HEAR!

I started feeling a little bit dumb after your post saying it was not working. Allright, I'm happy.

At least now, you have your difficulty level back.
Can someone tell me, btw, what leve is HIGHRISE? the tower?

mercurius420 05-13-2006 03:23 PM

I got as far as the pint where I need to find the "ai_norebuildgraph" wine, couldn't find it sadly. Can you be a little more specific on where the file I am suppose to open with notepad is? I think I may have been messing with the wrong one since I couldn't find what I needed...

Enkidu 05-13-2006 03:29 PM

SinEpisodes\SE1\cfg\autoexec.cfg

right-click on it,
click on open with...
Use selected program
Choose notepad.

Here you go.

mercurius420 05-13-2006 03:31 PM

I only have 2 files in that folder, config.cfg and a Valve RC file. I explored the config file but never found the line you mentioned, and I know those are the only files there after viewing the hidden files even...

Enkidu 05-13-2006 03:36 PM

Then, create a text file, and name it autoexec.cfg.
Put it in the folder you told me about.
You can type in that file the command for enabling the console
and binding it to P.

Why P? Because ppl use the key left to the "1" key for the console. But many do not realize it does not work sometimes for some users because of many reasons such as the language of the keyboard for example.

P is universal to me, so always worked binding it to it.
I'd appreciate you tell me if that was of any help, you can check back my POST, I edit it regularly to be up to date with right and proper info.

Thanks for being patient.

Kalabalana 05-13-2006 05:27 PM

or you can bind it to tilde, the pretty much standard key for a game's console

debaser 05-13-2006 10:53 PM

help me please!!! im getting "a.i. disable" when reload the game... what can i do!? what's wrong?

Enkidu 05-13-2006 11:16 PM

There seems to be a problem occuring after a while, after you finish the level. A.I. not moving. Thats because you have to put back default settings, just type in the autoexec.cfg

ai_norebuildgraph "1"
save the file.

And do it as well in the console, same thing.

Sometimes, the game acts like if the enemy would not notice you at all, like if you were using the notarget cheat. As for me, just restarting SiN cured the problem.

But it has to do with the change that occured in the autoexec if you followed my instruction. I should have said also to put the autoexec.cfg back to normal after getting past the submarine level.

Check Kalabana'S replies in this post, I think you may relate your problem to his, but he found out why.

Is that it?

free4all 05-14-2006 06:21 AM

This does not work.

all I see is "A.I Disabled" text, and the guy is just standing at his desk, not moving over to talk with me (like the rest of the guards in that room with the sub, they act like im not there).

I have followed the instructions 100%.

Enkidu 05-14-2006 10:08 AM

Quote:

This does not work.

all I see is "A.I Disabled" text, and the guy is just standing at his desk, not moving over to talk with me (like the rest of the guards in that room with the sub, they act like im not there).

I have followed the instructions 100%.

You are telling me actually, that you set the ai_norebuildgraph to 0 before anything else. If they don't move, thats because the A.I have been disable.

What I think you did, no lets say it again.
That AI disabled thing, ppl comme accross that problem once and they succeed after the second time.

Just make sure that autoexec is there, make sure you loaded a previous game (the rail car getting smashed into the wall for example).

And you should not disable the A.I. until you get to the point BEFORE getting trapped. If the command line for the ai_norebuildgraph line have been erased from the autoexec.cfg, then you are okay to do the trick.

Don't ai_norebuildgraph to 0 BEFORE saving, do it after saving the game, when you save the game, you should be at the point BEFORE getting trapped.

Its after saving, you enter in the console, don't forget the quotes

ai_norebuildgraph "0"

Load the game you just saved before entering the command, and load that up.

And I know what you mean @they act like I'm not there@ I had the same issue than you. I cured it.

Lot of people did, and it should work since my link is in a sticky post in this forum.

Like I said, check back what kabalana'S reply was, yuo may relate your problem to his, but he found out why.

EDIT: MORNING HERE, about the autoexec, its not an obligation, but if you happen to have one, its the file that will cause you problem if you just ignore it and let the command in it.

The quotes are not an obligation as well. Though I prefer ppl going through the same steps as me before saying its not working.

I will do anoter post in this thread that will explain the AI thing and the common mistake ppl do, but now, let me take my coffee, haha, its as if my i.q. dropped from 135 to 72. So I'll come back with a post that explains why many get the AI disabled.

Bye for now.

Enkidu 05-14-2006 10:59 AM

Ok, I realized something that would make instructions not work properly for others.

About that A.I. Disabled.

Theory, if it set to 0 before the Drug Dealer talks to you, doing so maybe will trigger the A.I. Disabled, so he won't do his speech.

Try the following,

Get trapped, and as soon as he move to come see you, save your game, put the nobuildgraph setting to 0, and load the save game you just made.

So like this, his action of speaking to you will already be triggered, and he should not act like if you were not here since his actions was triggered and game memory from the save file can't go against this even though the setting has been change after saving, it can't alter the Drug Dealer's Action.

And be sure, on top of everything, that you don't have an autoexec.cfg in your folder that has the line

ai_norebuildgraph "1"

in it.
Because if yes, when you will load the save game you just made, it will say someting like @graph out of date, renitializing@, something like that. And the trick won't work. Its putting back automatically the value to "1". You can erase that line, save the file, do the trick, and once yuo succeed, put back the line and value to "1" in the cfg file, and in the console eventually (so like this, you can't say its not been set to this value properly)

And on top of it, just make sure you are not playing with:

ai_norebuildgraph "0" set on before saving.

Don't put that the value 0 before saving, do it after saving, then load.

And if you are one of those that has an autoexec.cfg, you should put BACK ON the value to "1" in the cfg after getting through the part.

So variation if the first time it didn't work:

1. Get trapped then, than save quickly, put the value to "0" and load the save game you just made.

2.You should also load a previous game, one before smashing the walls with the rail car before attempting the trick.

3. Just don't forget, autoexec.cfg will execute whatever there is written in it everytime you load (if I'm wrong, tell me, I'M not a know-it-all).

So lets say you put the value to "0" after saving, then you load, thinking, oh my it will work, but the autoexec.cfg executes itself and put back the value to "1".

So the results will be probably you ending with the same everlasting scene.

Just make sure you erase whatever there is in the autoexec.cfg, and only put a command for the console if your console don't work, binding to a letter is a good idea.

Try that.

free4all 05-14-2006 11:54 AM

I tried everything you have posted and nothing works.

the problem is as soon as I set ai_norebuildgraph to "0" and reload the game, I get the messege "something is out of graph or sync or something" and then A.I disabled.

everything, as soon as it is set to 0, A.I stops working, no matter what.

If I do it while he walks towards me, he only say his first dialog, (a few sentences) then just stands there doing nothing when he is supposed to say a lot more.

Gamer800 05-14-2006 12:23 PM

le probleme c'est qu'en effacant ai_norebuildgraph "1" du fichier autoexex.cfg c'est qu'on met d'office l'Ai hors course, par conséquent une fois emprisonné, rien ne se passe et si on chage une partie apres s'etre fait emprisonné le mec reste derriere le bureau ou bien s'arrete. Le bug survient a mon avis qd le mechant ordonne aux deux gardes d'aller préparer son sous marin, la porte s'ouvre, les gardes bougent légèrement mais reste ds la piece et l'aure continue son speach jusqu'a finir figé.

j'ai testé tt ce que tu as dit mais rien n'y fait, il faudrait a la limite la sauvegarde de qqun qui vient juste de passer le moment en question.

Enkidu 05-14-2006 12:44 PM

Oui, ma sauvegarde serait un bon exemple, sauf que tous les statistiques actuels seront changer pour les miennes.

Pourtant ca l'a marcher avec plusieurs personnes, c'est ca que je ne comprends pas.

As I looked deeper into the subject, there seems to have 2 version of the games, one pirated and the one on steam. Pirated version seems to have autoexec.cfg while lot of ppl on steam doesn't see anything as autoexec.cfg.

Il est important aussi de charger la partie avant que l'automobile style "crash test dummies" entre en collision avec le mur.

Maybe it could be a great idea to see what your normal cfg (config.cfg) looks like, and if you happen to have a autoexec.cfg, look inside it, see what it has.

Mais pour beaucoups ca a marcher.
For alot of people the trick seems to work. Only the few don't manage to get it done correctly.

So, I'd like ppl, EVERYONE that the trick does not work whatsoever to tell me. Because you see, from 700 persons, only 3-4 or 5 at max replied that it did not work.

I'll try to see what could have gone wrong. I know its about the a.I. being disabled, but at some point, I had to do it, it was the only way for now, or ppl can just skip the level, but that's not recommended at all.

I'd like more and more ppl to tell me if it works or not.

Tu vois, beaucoups de gens ont réussi, que des exceptions.
Parcontre, je vais aller voir ce que j'aurais pu faire de mal, mais néamoins, je sais que pour moi çca la marcher èa 150%, j'ai rater la premiere fois, je me suis reessayer, et ca marcher.

Try it more than once, I know it works. Or at least can I have more than 20 persons telling me it does not work?

So like this, I'll consider the issue more seriously. While on the other hand, there seems to have alot of people enjoying that trick. Way more.

I need 20 persons to tell me it doesn't work, and I'll create the patch for you before Ritualistic does [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Enkidu 05-14-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

tried everything you have posted and nothing works.

the problem is as soon as I set ai_norebuildgraph to "0" and reload the game, I get the messege "something is out of graph or sync or something" and then A.I disabled.

everything, as soon as it is set to 0, A.I stops working, no matter what.

If I do it while he walks towards me, he only say his first dialog, (a few sentences) then just stands there doing nothing when he is supposed to say a lot more.

Right, so are you telling me, you are playing the game, you get trapped, you enter ai to "0" and then you see whats going oN?

Can you specify me if you saved and enter the command in the actual game, and then you load what you saved, don't save after entering the AI to "0", save BEFORE, and then the command, and then you can load what you saved.

Just specify, every step you are doing one by one, while trying my trick. Just a step by step procedure (I iknow I wrote my procedures) But maybe there's something done wrong. KABALANA didn't get it the first time. All your problems are related to his. He managed to get it to work though with my trick, he was just not doing something right, sometimes just a little thing can make all the difference.

Write it so I can see it like this:

And I'll try EXACTLY what you will write to see if it don't work for me like it didn't for you.

Deal? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: Forgive me, I don't want you to think that I think you are dumb or something. But since I'm from a distance, I can't always see whats going on, so doing what I asked you would be of great help to me so I can understand you more.

Tell me even, from WHERE you started.

Gamer800 05-14-2006 12:59 PM

voila ce que je viens de faire :

1.jai effacé ai_norebuildgraph "1" du fichier .cfg il n'y a rien d'ecrit maintenant.
2. j'ai chargé une partie, le moment apres ou le wagon a percuté le mur
3. je sis allé me faire piégé
4.j'ai sauvegardé
5.jai mi la commande ai_norebuildgraph "0" ds la console
6.jai chargé ma derniere sauvegarde

la je me retrouve avec "Ai disabled" d'ecrit et rien ne se passe.

Enkidu 05-14-2006 01:11 PM

Ok, alors, il faut que tu charges la partie avant que tu ai fait quoi que ce soit pour que le wagon percute le mur.

EDIT: Aussi il serait important d'essayer cela en sauvegardant juste avant de se faire pieger, ce qui veux dire, ne va pas dans le cul de sac avant de sauvegarder.

Reessaye le comme ça et donnes moi des nouvelles.

fresnel 05-14-2006 01:23 PM

Hi enkidu,

I can also verify that the trick DOESN'T work for me either. Tried you procedure several times.

I soon as the saved file loads I get AI disabled, so when I walk up to the door with the force field behind me the drug dealer doesnt even start to talk now, naturally I guess.

Any thoughts?

Enkidu 05-14-2006 01:27 PM

Give me your actions step by step, and by the way, did you load a game that was before the car smashing the wall to get to the submarine?

Why your action step by step is only to re-create your actions, and see if it does not work for me as well in that manner.

Thanks. And you can try being trapped then the trick.
EDIT:
Just note there seems to be other ways to cure the problem, stick with me, we'll find a solution way before wednesday. Like the more info you fill me in, the more I'll be able to cope with. I'm ain't a programmer, just someone messing with files when things don't work. All this because of Quake 1. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

fresnel 05-14-2006 01:39 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.

Answer to your first question: No the save was just after I was on the other side of the water.

Steps:
1) went to folder SE1/cfg
2) opened autoexec.cfg with notepad
3) removed the line ai_norebuildgraph "1"
4) saved the file
5) Started Sin
6) opened the save before I trigger the force field, ie just when I land on the other side of the water
7) Once loaded I see straight away the message AI disabled
8) I try your step next, press ~ that gives me console
9) copy paste ai_norebuildgraph "0" and press submit
10) reload the same save game and no change. Ai disabled.

I can walk up to the door, the force field traps me in but no movement from the characters????

Enkidu 05-14-2006 01:40 PM

Can you be more specific, when you say on the other side of the water?

fresnel 05-14-2006 01:45 PM

Yeah I thought you said something odd too, when you said" the car"???

I hope we are talking about the same thing-hm

Well I enter the room kill a load of guys, go up to the crane room above the sub. in the water. I press the window/buttons that move the crane until the crane is half way between the crane room window and the other side of the room, with the drug dealer in his room to my right.

I jump onto the crane then onto the other side, a few guys come out of the area were the force field appears. i kill all them then I am free to walk up to the locked doors to get my chat with the dealer.

I hope thats clear?