Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   SiN Episodes Editing (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Event "binding?" (Or how to make John Blade talk) (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17572)

djbell 05-15-2006 03:57 PM

Event \"binding?\" (Or how to make John Blade talk)

On IRC, a gentleman named Prog2 provided us with a terrific mod that cycles through 32 of Blade's old taunts on keypress. Pretty great!

I'm sure it's possible to "bind" a voice to a certain event. For example, metabind the taunt to primary and secondary fire, but only execute in the case of a kill, squad kill, head shot, challenge score increase, or other possible criteria. It might not be possible in a cfg, but I'd like to do something like that.

I'm an expert of many scripting languages, but I'm having trouble finding information about doing this in a Source based game. Could someone please help me get started on this, I'm more than willing to do the legwork to make this happen, but need a little direction.

Thanks!

djbell 05-15-2006 07:31 PM

Re: Event \"binding?\" (Or how to make John Blade ta

Please disregard this post, I'm rolling, should have a release by Wednesday.

ATimson 05-15-2006 07:52 PM

Really? This should be interesting. I was thinking I'd have to wait for the SDK to come out, with the source code, before I could do something like that myself. But I'm more than willing to let you do the work for me. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

djbell 05-15-2006 08:40 PM

Ha, well I'll post tomorrow if it looks like I'm going to need help. Ritual seems to added some of their own code to simplify the scripting of of tons of voice files, which may make it easier or harder to get the sound positions outputting correctly. But I've got all of the taunts, including Wages of Sin's "Die You Ugly son of a bitch!!!"

So we should be in business soon.

deceiver 05-15-2006 09:54 PM

So these voice taunts will be like in the original? When he kills, headshots, blows up grunts? =D? Also, will the quality of the voice taunts be upped?

moafuka 05-15-2006 11:22 PM

*cries*
this is gonna be sweet...!!!!!!!!

djbell 05-16-2006 12:42 AM

I was surprised that the quality isn't half bad, iI think actually trims the quality a bit in the original Sin for performance reasons.

Anyway I am having major problems getting a decent trigger than puts the voice on the Blade and not the guy he just whacked. I think what I'll do is release a crappy, working version that I'll recommend people play without surround sound or headphones.

Smoke39 05-16-2006 07:34 AM

That'll be fun to play around with, but I hope you do find a way to get it working properly eventually. (:

ertertwert 05-17-2006 07:03 AM

If all else, it might inspire Ritual to do it properly.