Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   SiN Episodes Editing (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Sin Episodes in GMOD (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17674)

KrixBOI 05-18-2006 02:50 PM

Sin Episodes in GMOD

This let you spawn the models from the GFC files into GMOD.
It's no models in this file so you must have purshased Sin Episodes: Emergence and intalled it for this to work.

http://rapidshare.de/files/20778355/...ixBOI.rar.html

Sorry for my bad english [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

CamperJoe 05-18-2006 02:51 PM

Re: Sin Episodes in GMOD

Done at facepunch, waste of your time.

http://forum.facepunchstudios.com/sh...d.php?t=127174

gamejunkie 05-22-2006 06:07 PM

Heh, the link isn't working for me. I just keep getting "No Thread Specified"

GUI 05-22-2006 07:42 PM

http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/s...d.php?t=127174
That link should work.

gamejunkie 05-22-2006 08:03 PM

Thanks

Dimedo 05-26-2006 03:29 PM

This is really great. Seems to be the whole content of SiN Episoes: Emergence to work with in Garry's Mod.

ighost 06-02-2006 11:55 AM

help, hehe i have no luck with this mod. i've read most of the pages on his forum and nothing seems to work. i've placed all the files like he said in the proper folders, but i still can't do anything, hell, is gmod it's own program or do i do everything through the Sin Episodes menu, i'm completly lost, any help would be great, thanks. sorry for the extreme bump of this thread too.

SkyBard 06-02-2006 01:13 PM

Garry's mod should be located at

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\gmod9

The SiN Episodes mod should be placed:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\gmod9\mods\sin_ep isodes

The when you launch Garry's mod, you should have the Sin Spawn menus when you press Q.

Keep in mind, without HL2, CS:S and HL2 DM installed, Garry's mod won't work.

Raveness 06-03-2006 01:47 AM

For some reason I do not have a SourceMods folder, and creating it will not get some of the mods for Emergence to work. I bought SiN Episodes box from the store, and this is the first game I have with Steam.

Do I need to download the SDK, or something else I'm missing?

ighost 06-03-2006 09:27 AM

okay, thanks, i'll go and dl the HL's CS:S and see if it works. thanks for the Q too, i'd of never figured that out.

SkyBard 06-03-2006 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Raveness:
For some reason I do not have a SourceMods folder, and creating it will not get some of the mods for Emergence to work. I bought SiN Episodes box from the store, and this is the first game I have with Steam.

Do I need to download the SDK, or something else I'm missing?

Without Half Life 2, Half Life 2 Deathmatch and CounterStrike: Source,. Garry's mod won't work as it depends on those files for spawn codes and models.

As for the Sin Episodes mods, you'd need to check each one to make sure you have it installed correctly. I couldn't get some of the mods for SE to work either, and I have all the above games and the SDK installed for HL2 as well as SE.

JediFraz 09-05-2006 07:13 AM

An additional, From what I understand if you have the retail version of Episodes as opposed to the downloaded version it installs in a different location.

Sparda 09-08-2006 11:24 PM

3 mounth bump, Nice.
And no it dose not matter where you bought SiNEp1 it installs in the same location, I have the retail versions of HL2,CS;S and Sin, Garry's mod works fine with the Sin patch.

All my CGFs are in C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps
Garry's mod is in C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods

ighost 12-07-2006 10:35 AM

heh, another bump.

i have had sin for a while now. and i just got gmod with CS:S last night. i was fooling around with it already, so i know it work right. so i dl'd the file to use sin in Gmod, is says to place the folder here...STEAM/steamapps/gmod9/mods folder
but i do not have a gmod9 folder, or a mods folder, so i placed it here...F:\sin\SteamApps\ighost03\garrysmod\garrysm od\addons
and then gmod crashs when i try to use it, so where am i suppose to put it at? in the addons folder there are three other folders, Counter Strike, Day of Defeat, and Defult sent pack. i put the folder right next to them, and that made gmod crash when i tried it.

Sparda 12-07-2006 07:45 PM

You're meant to put it in C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\gmod
If the gmod folder is not there as you say, then you have installed Garry's mod in the wrong location.

ighost 12-08-2006 10:51 PM

hmm, i am completly lost again. i unistalled sin episode, garrymodand steam altogether. i reinstalled(and dl'd again how evil) everything again. i don't have valve folder, and i still do not have a gmod folder, now what did i do wrong? i dl'd garrymod from steam, is that wrong, do i get it from somewhere else, i'm lost and i have no idea what i am doing wrong.

it says to place the sin folder in: STEAM/steamapps/gmod9/mods

but i can get to STEAM/steamapps/ but there, i only have 2 folders, ighost03(my account) and sourcemods. i have just read another one of your posts, i'm gonna try it in sourcemods, thanks

ighost 12-08-2006 11:16 PM

okay, that didn't work, i'm trying something else now, i wonder, why do i not have gmod9 folder. weather this works or not, i'm done for now, have to get some sleep for work tomarrow =P
***update***
okay, i am back again, nothing seems to work for me. i have no idea what i am doing wrong, and i'm geting frustrated, i'm going to bed now, goodbye

ertertwert 12-10-2006 12:36 AM

My guess is that you are using Gmod 10 (the one just released on steam). It doesn't work with SiN currently. Gmod 9 is a free mod, and that one would work.

ighost 12-10-2006 05:55 PM

yeah, i just figured that out this morning. any idea where i can download gmod9? it's a pain to find

Sparda 12-10-2006 06:43 PM

http://files.moddb.com/973/download-...mod-904-client

ighost 12-10-2006 09:48 PM

woot, thanks...

hmm, now i need to buy half life 2 and HL2 Deathmatch. this could get a little pricy

Shoelip 12-11-2006 12:10 AM

HL2: DM and CS:S come free with HL2.

ighost 12-11-2006 12:24 AM

hmm, maybe i'll run to the store and get them, i hate having to download them. soo, to make sure i have this right, i install HL2: DM, CS:S and HL2 oh, and sin, like i normally would, to...
F:\meingames
(i have them on an external harddrive, so i renamed "program list" to "mein games"

i have gmod9 in:
F:\meingames\SteamApps\SourceMods\gmod9,

i will have the sin packlet in...
F:\meingames\SteamApps\SourceMods\gmod9\mods

is all this right?

Sparda 12-11-2006 11:49 AM

Yes that is right.

Though getting them from the store will cost you more than paying for them online because you have to pay for the marketing from EA, best thing to do is to by this http://www.steampowered.com/v/index....age&SubId=201& it's only $50 and you get more games than you would from the store and from the store it would cost you about $80, even if you do by from the store you would still have to download them.

It's worth it, Half life 2 is a kiss ass game plus you get Episode one, Half life: Source (Half life 1 remake) and Counter Strike: Source.

that's my 2 cents worth.

ighost 12-11-2006 12:30 PM

okay, thanks. one more and final question hehe. right now, all i have installed is sin episode 1 and everything that came with it, and steam, and gmod9. but i don't see a place to run gmod9, is that something that will show when i have hl, and everything else it requires to use?

Xenogenetic 12-11-2006 01:16 PM

If you have gmod9 in your SourceMods folder and you have HL2 installed Garry's Mod should appear on your games list.

Sparda 12-11-2006 01:27 PM

...Like so

But without Half life 2 and Counter Strike; Source I doubt Garry's Mod will show up.

ighost 12-11-2006 03:16 PM

thanks again there guys, i'm dl'ing the hl package now. you guys rock for helping a completly retarded and i'm sure anoying fool. thanks again =P

Sparda 12-11-2006 04:04 PM

No prob, You're not a fool you're just a noob but hay I was a noob once :D

ighost 12-12-2006 02:14 AM

hehe, i'm back. i have a little problem...

i downloaded all the games like you said, and ran them. then i hopped on garrymod9, it loaded, selected "create server" then i chose a HL2 map, then i get an engine error that says it can't verify it's authenticity, so it closes, so i hit okay, then i get another error, this is a HL2.exe-Aplication Error that says:
the instruction at "0x2418a389" referenced memory at "0x0d8bb138". the memory cound not be "read" so i click okay. then i use gmod 9, and i go to single player, that works fine. any idea on what it is?

Sparda 12-12-2006 02:35 AM

Not sure really, But try this,
In the steam games list right click on Half Life 2, click Properties, Click the tab Local files, Then finally click Verify integrity of game cache...
Wait for it to do its thing then try again.

Let me know how you went with that.

Gmod can be unstable at times if you run a map from hl2ep1 that has the core ball in it you are guaranteed to crash.

Maybe you should add me to you Steam Friends list as this is taking you a long time to work things out, So add me so I can help you, my username is fgcsparda , If you don’t know how to add me just tell me what your username is when you log on to steam.

ighost 12-12-2006 12:40 PM

yeah, i did that, i did it to all th HL2 programs, and it still gives me the error, i'm gonna add you to my friends now.

Battle-Jesus 12-16-2006 06:28 PM

Psst
the rapidshare doesnt work and neither do any of the ones on the forum link
mind re-uploading it? :(

RabidZombie 12-18-2006 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battle-Jesus (Post 174860)
Psst
the rapidshare doesnt work and neither do any of the ones on the forum link
mind re-uploading it? :(

Remember, none of these work in GMod 10, but if your looking for the GMod 9 version, I'll get you the link.

Here you go!

IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH GMOD RETAIL.

ighost 06-14-2007 04:39 PM

hello, me again =D i just started to get back into gmod, and i forgot how to rotate things, how do i do that again? like rotate a hand or torso.

gordon_fleeman 06-15-2007 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ighost (Post 176342)
hello, me again =D i just started to get back into gmod, and i forgot how to rotate things, how do i do that again? like rotate a hand or torso.

Select the item/ligament with the Physics gun and then hold down "E" and move your mouse to rotate it on the spot.o
Cheers, :)

ighost 06-20-2007 10:56 AM

wow, this place isn't dead. thanks for that little info

gordon_fleeman 06-20-2007 11:05 AM

No problem ighost, why don't you post your work here? It will be cool! :) I host 3 comics every week at my blogsite, if you would like to have a look just tell me and I can PM you or something! :)