Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   SiN Episodes Editing (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Listen to Sin's music in mp3 player (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17826)

Phnx 05-26-2006 02:53 PM

Listen to Sin\'s music in mp3 player

Hi. I tried listening to Sin's music in Winamp, but it didn't work. It seems the mp3s in the SE1\sound\music folder are encrypted somehow. Did anyone else try listening to them?

Dimedo 05-26-2006 04:27 PM

Re: Listen to Sin\'s music in mp3 player

Yes, I also tried this. I really can't play them in Winamp. Surely they want us to buy the official soundtrack CD.

Tecman 05-26-2006 04:41 PM

So you know: the music files are encrypted.

Edurad2 05-28-2006 09:34 PM

its nice to know the files are ssl encrypted :-) intresting,

Phnx 05-29-2006 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Edurad2:
its nice to know the files are ssl encrypted :-) intresting,

You're kiddin'!?

CommanderZx2 05-29-2006 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Phnx:
Hi. I tried listening to Sin's music in Winamp, but it didn't work. It seems the mp3s in the SE1soundmusic folder are encrypted somehow. Did anyone else try listening to them?

You mean like this?

Edurad2 05-29-2006 12:49 PM

i've extracted them useing that thing, im not a modder and i dont like moding but ive try a few things when i get board, ive tried serval music programs they are what u called ssl encrypted to prevent pircey, hence why they make u buy the album instead, it also slows the friggin game down due to the game has to de-crypte that crap while playing it hence my new found lag when it loads in other then i've managed to stablise there game so its playabe annoyed me but i done it,

CommanderZx2 05-29-2006 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Edurad2:
i've extracted them useing that thing, im not a modder and i dont like moding but ive try a few things when i get board, ive tried serval music programs they are what u called ssl encrypted to prevent pircey, hence why they make u buy the album instead, it also slows the friggin game down due to the game has to de-crypte that crap while playing it hence my new found lag when it loads in other then i've managed to stablise there game so its playabe annoyed me but i done it,

To play them you don't need to decrypt them, you only need a PC with windows XP and Sin Emergence installed on steam. No special software required at all, foobar2000 is just my prefered music player.

drunkymonkey 05-29-2006 02:21 PM

Personally, I think for twenty quid, the music should have came with the game as well.

CommanderZx2 05-29-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by drunkymonkey:
Personally, I think for twenty quid, the music should have came with the game as well.

Launch Sin Emergence. Open the console and
type: sv_cheats 1 (cheats needs to be enabled)
type: Stopsound (This stops the current playing song)

Now you can play any song you want, for example the main theme song:
type: play music/wwct_mix_new.mp3

I'm sure you know how to record the stereo mix and you could probably find the full list of songs in the gcf files.

Or you could buy the OST, personally I don't like Apple's Itunes.

Edurad2 05-29-2006 03:11 PM

well thats manually recording the sound, i'm to lazy to be bothered to do that, i know the sounds in there and how to play them etc but still for a dvd disc the could of added them on there

Gibaholic 05-29-2006 03:14 PM

Or, if you don't like the music (like me) you can take some of your favorite mp3s and rename them to the mp3s in the game and place them in the proper directories so then it'll play that song.

drunkymonkey 05-29-2006 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CommanderZx2:
Quote:

Originally posted by drunkymonkey:

Launch Sin Emergence. Open the console and
type: sv_cheats 1 (cheats needs to be enabled)
type: Stopsound (This stops the current playing song)

Now you can play any song you want, for example the main theme song:
type: play music/wwct_mix_new.mp3

I'm sure you know how to record the stereo mix and you could probably find the full list of songs in the gcf files.

Or you could buy the OST, personally I don't like Apple's Itunes.

Bleh, I can't buy anything online unfortunately.

Smoke39 05-30-2006 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gibaholic:
Or, if you don't like the music (like me) you can take some of your favorite mp3s and rename them to the mp3s in the game and place them in the proper directories so then it'll play that song.

I thought of doing that, but there are soo many to replace. D:

kaydash 05-30-2006 05:14 PM

Well I don't know how you played the music files, foobar 2000 is also a failure at running the mp3s, it reports that the tracks are unsupported or corrupted.

DAOWAce 05-30-2006 07:13 PM

Re: Listen to Sin\'s music in mp3 player *DELETED*

Post deleted by badman

CommanderZx2 05-30-2006 08:19 PM

Your post is so going to get deleted [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] naughty. j/k

Although it's rather sad to pirate something that's only $20.

badman 05-30-2006 08:55 PM

The music files are encrypted and can't be played back outside of the game. On a related note, attempting to reverse-engineer the files is a violation of the end user license agreement y'all agreed to when installing the game.

Also, torrent links = insta-ban.