Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   SiN Episodes Editing (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Sin Episodes Source SDK? (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18009)

MetalFX 06-11-2006 01:15 PM

Sin Episodes Source SDK?

I know that theres a post around here somewhere about this but I couldnt find it. Is there a way to get Source SDK able to 'pickup' on Sin Episodes? I tried the way that was suggested in the other topic regrading this, but I couldnt get it to work. Anyone else got any other ideas?

Xenogenetic 06-11-2006 01:29 PM

Re: Sin Episodes Source SDK?

Wait until Episode 2 when they say they will release it, or we could show them how much we want it now.

MetalFX 06-11-2006 02:21 PM

We have to wait that long? You would of thought that they would or released it with Ep1, allowing us to keep busy until Ep2. At least I can edit HL2 with it I suppose. (Gets ready to storm Ritual's Offices in protest of not being able to edit Sin Ep1 in SDK.) Thanks for the info Xen.

Maniac 06-11-2006 06:37 PM

It will be released before Episode 2. Between now and the release of episode 2 was the info given.

-Maniac

MetalFX 06-13-2006 03:28 PM

Thanks for the info Manic, but after sitting down and trying various things I finally got Steam SDK picking up SiN:Ep1 yey! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

WhoZeDuke 06-13-2006 09:26 PM

have you made a test level?

MetalFX 06-14-2006 08:28 AM

Not yet, i'm still recovering from the aftermath of making the huge mistake of putting Windows Vista Beta 2 on my machine. It seems to have messed around with some of my settings (even after a format and a re-installation of XP.)

Anyway I havent got around to re-installing Steam and my carefully collected collection of games yet, so thats the plan for today. Then I will see if I can remember how I got SDK to pickup SiN, then fingers crossed start my own level design. (As long as the computer behaves.)

Tetrad 06-14-2006 01:16 PM

I was playing around with that exact idea the other day. Unfortunately it doesn't work since the Source SDK on Steam is for a newer version of the Source engine than Sin is currently running on. It is possible to set it up so you can simply make maps with our assets, but you can't compile them and have them run in our game right now. The game will just spit out an error about how the bsp version is too high. You might be able to run it in HL2, however.

MetalFX 06-14-2006 01:19 PM

Thanks for the heads up. But im expecting that the new patch will fix this problem? As HL2 is old news now, that and I prefer running stuff in SiN:Ep1 even though at the moment we all are very limited.