Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   SiN Episodes Tech Help (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Server busy (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18141)

mcbean 06-29-2006 05:41 AM

Server busy

Hello

I have buy sin episode emergence in Switzerland in a store. I try and try and try...... start the game. But nothing. Always comes the message "Server ist currently busy, try later" Now i try yesterday i try today, always comes this message. Pls help me.

McBean

CBU80 06-29-2006 06:14 AM

Re: Server busy

I'm also from Switzerland and i've the same problem. It makes me angry to buy a game and wait until steam thinks, i should play it now.

Please help!

Sarkie 06-29-2006 06:46 AM

Hi you 2, can you please try shutting down Steam going to your Steam directory usually C:\program files\Steam or C:\program files\Valve\Steam.

There should be a file named ClientRegistry.blob and delete it, load up Steam you will be prompted for password, and see if it works now.

Thanks

CBU80 06-29-2006 06:59 AM

hey sarkie

thanks for the answer. deleting the file and restart steam works not for me. "My Games" tells me, that the downloading ist currently on 48%. But that was so from the beginning on. The download does not work. (sorry for my english :)

mcbean 06-29-2006 07:00 AM

thx for answer. I try that, but its not working. In steam, the download from sin is always freeze on 48%. when i wanna start the game, then comes the message

JezzyBall 06-29-2006 07:25 AM

Try this:

From Steam Forums

"We had this happen with a couple of people back when we initially unlocked. If I remember right, it was either deleting the ClientRegistry.blob or verifying the cache files which corrected it..."

Other have reported that just by trying to launch the game even though the update is not finished will start it moving again as well.

Good luck.

mcbean 06-29-2006 07:47 AM

No.... not working. I cant start the game. when i wanna start Sin then the game connect to server, but then comes the message.

CBU80 06-29-2006 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbean
No.... not working. I cant start the game. when i wanna start Sin then the game connect to server, but then comes the message.

me too. i've reinstalled the game and the problem is the same.

edit: sin 1 and sin multi works great. just episodes makes trouble.

Sarkie 06-29-2006 07:52 AM

Hey, im just guessing it may be something to do with USK thing or other stuff relating.

Im at work and I dont know how to easily find out which content server is used by you, since I can't see any swis ones.

Try going to www.steampowered.com and clicking Support and opening a Support ticket or postion in the Sin Episodes sub forum.

Sorry about this.

mcbean 06-29-2006 07:59 AM

?????????????????????

Okay im from switzerland. we dont have a USK. I have buy the game here in my land. i dont understand how the game is also of index in switzerland. i dont think its the problem of usk. the german players say in steam stand when the downloadet are finish "not released".
but we cant download???

Michael_Russell 06-29-2006 08:37 AM

If your update is stuck at 48%, like it was for me last night when I got home, right-click on "SiN Episodes: Emergence" in the Steam Games List and pick "Pause Updating."

Wait five seconds.

Right-click on "SiN Episodes: Emergence" and pick "Resume Updating."

It's a glitch in the Steam client that has been reported to Valve.

SkyBard 06-29-2006 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_Russell
If your update is stuck at 48%, like it was for me last night when I got home, right-click on "SiN Episodes: Emergence" in the Steam Games List and pick "Pause Updating."

Wait five seconds.

Mine was stuck at 95% for over 16 hours. I tried pausing and restarting with no go. I then rebooted because of a Windows Security Update and restarted Steam. Still nothing. I eventually had to Delete all Local Content and redownload SiN completely.

CBU80 06-29-2006 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_Russell

Wait five seconds.

sorry, don't works. i've written an e-mail to valve. now i'm waiting until tomorrow. when the game then not works, it goes back to the shop.

Luckygamer 06-29-2006 02:00 PM

Same issue here.
The game got stuck loading at 48%. Stopping and restarting the download did not help. Deleting the game and restarting did not help either because now I am stuck at 0 %. Wondering what Steam has to say. Otherwise, back to the shop too:( .

LG

Michael_Russell 06-29-2006 03:51 PM

I've sent an E-mail off to my contact at Valve trying to get some resolution to this. As soon as I have some information, I'll post it.

Michael_Russell 06-29-2006 06:09 PM

Early indications are that it may have been a hiccup with some Steam servers related to the "Day of Defeat: Source" patch, but I still haven't gotten any official response back from Valve.

I'll post as soon as I hear anything.

CBU80 06-30-2006 02:12 AM

thank you michael for your help.

CBU80 07-01-2006 02:17 AM

cool, valve has fixed it :) the game runs perfectly!