Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   SiN Episodes Tech Help (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   For pirated version owners (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18282)

Grandpapa 07-25-2006 06:33 PM

For pirated version owners

Here is my Support for you.

Riddled 07-25-2006 06:59 PM

Re: For pirated version owners

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpapa

That is an incredibly useful guide, I got my SiN Episodes running properly in virtually no time at all thanks to it! Great job Grandpapa!

Michael_Russell 07-25-2006 07:51 PM

Why am I afraid to click on that link?

Sarkie 07-26-2006 01:43 PM

Tubgirl maybe?

ChaosBahamut 07-26-2006 07:37 PM

Tubgirl is gross. I'll take a risk and click it after my folks are in bed. Gotta be safe. :cool:

Gibaholic 07-26-2006 09:44 PM

it's safe for work, this isn't though

ChaosBahamut 07-26-2006 10:36 PM

Well, the "advice" given is pretty true. Nice one.

Grandpapa 08-10-2006 11:21 PM

I'm so glad to see so many got help from the support site i posted :) Since the price has dropped there may not be so many visitors anymore ;)

UTWarden 08-10-2006 11:59 PM

for the amount of content, the amount of Fun, and Arena mode, 14.95 is a DAMN good deal.

Grandpapa 08-11-2006 12:13 AM

Yep, there is no reason to pirate it, and never was.

Sparda 08-11-2006 08:44 AM

Thanks for the help, it made perfect sense.

snake289 08-11-2006 09:24 AM

great support there mate too bad i got like the proper version of the game off steam then a pirated one besides its only $14.95(about £10?)so they should get a job and buy it lol

Sarkie 08-11-2006 09:59 AM

But in there mind its always > £/$0 != free

Ah well :) We know we are supporting a good game.

Raveness 08-11-2006 11:26 AM

What is this, amateur hour at the comedy club?

Standoff 08-14-2006 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raveness
What is this, amateur hour at the comedy club?

Yes it is.

Lord_Trid 08-20-2006 06:24 AM

I hate peaple who pirate game's :mad:

Apprentice 08-23-2006 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpapa

Not very original, saw it when its url was cs-hacks.tk . . .

Grandpapa 08-28-2006 09:51 AM

Ok, it's old, but ppl still keep on clicking it... ;)

Sarkie 08-28-2006 12:53 PM

cos they are all pirates.

Maniac 09-01-2006 12:16 PM

Okay I was pretty afraid to click it but I'm glad I did, damn it was funny. Great help for many people who pirate the game. Me...I'll stick to buying them.

-Maniac

JoelF 09-01-2006 02:50 PM

Don't you know? Pirates will click anything at all. Really! Even if marked Tubgirl. That's how cheap / desperate they are...

<grins>

I know people that pirate. They're good folks, but idiots all the same. It's really selfish, if you think about it.

Raveness 09-01-2006 03:57 PM

Idiot: A person of the lowest order in a former classification of mental retardation, having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25.

JoelF 09-01-2006 08:53 PM

Okay, so I used the term liberally. Let's say 'foolish' and give me a bit of leeway next time, non? :)

Pa3PyX 10-30-2006 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpapa (Post 170668)

This appears to be against forum rules just as much as posting or suggesting warez.

This is not to say that my version of SiN Episodes is pirated (in fact, it's legit -- the reason is that the game is not incredibly popular (even a decent walkthrough is pretty hard to find), and Steam service, with its recent updates, becomes harder to exploit; hence, obtaining a pirated version would have been much more hassle in this case than simply purchasing the game via Steam). But pirates are not idiots; software piracy today is a largely non-trivial pastime (especially with the advent of online distribution and authentication mechanisms) and definitely requires IQ far above 25. While, unfortunately, the majority of pirates in the United States do seem to have the mentality of thieves ("don't tell anyone, I'm nice and fluffy" attitude, i.e. doing this underground, rather than openly -- hence the general dislike of them in the gaming community, I suppose), at least some pirates are either (or both):

1) Those who understand that the whole "theft" analogy is off --information cannot be likened to physical property since information's nature (unlike that of tangible goods) is to be shared and replicated, and hence copyright and patent laws, in their present form (essentially, giving a software publisher almost unrestricted control over distribution of a certain piece of information), are, arguably, a mistake that history did make -- in particular, allowing Microsoft and others to exploit such laws to make excessive and undeserved profit;

2) Those who like challenges; you may like playing the game in Arena or HardCorps mode -- they like finding ways around authentication mechanisms in others' programs. You may go legal vs. illegal here, but not everything legal is right, just like not everything illegal is wrong.