Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   SiN Episodes Tech Help (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Radek bug in version 1.4? Anyone care to explain? (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18756)

fisko_2006 11-24-2006 01:42 PM

Radek bug in version 1.4? Anyone care to explain?

OKay so I'm trying to understand why I'm having the bug where when you talk to Radek in the second part of the U4 lab it doesn't complete the sequence. Personally I find this very annoying considering I was able to finish this game months ago, namely a few weeks after it was released. I had preordered the game and was able to beat it before. What I don't understand is that Steam is telling me that I updated to 1.4 in July of 2006, so why am I dealing with a bug that was fixed in the first patch? It worked before, why is it buggy now?

Frostbite 11-24-2006 04:37 PM

Re: Radek bug in version 1.4? Anyone care to explain?

Delete:
Maps (Backup any custom maps)
Scenes

In your SE1 folder...
and Verify your GCF

fisko_2006 11-24-2006 06:50 PM

Nope, no luck. I even tried completely deleting the gcf files and the sin emergence directory and redownloading them to reinstall from scratch. Even then it still bugs when I reach Radek.

guru7892 11-25-2006 02:30 AM

you're not running a pirated version of the game are you?

(although it would be tough to download a pirated version of the game from steam)

otherwise make sure you're not running mods or other junk.

if that doesnt work, well you need to ask somone else...

ertertwert 11-25-2006 04:49 AM

Start a new game and run to that spot again (it should only take a few minutes if you know what to do). Hopefully it was just a fluke.

Sarkie 11-25-2006 05:51 AM

Can you please run the game and type "version" in the console, and use ` to bring this down, and paste this into here please.

Can you delete ClientRegistry.blob file aswell, and then verify the cache of the game. (This order)

fisko_2006 11-25-2006 08:44 AM

Just for the record, with every step I take I have been starting a new game and playing up to that point and even trying to map jump from the console and it still happens. And yes it owuld be a little difficult to blame this on a pirated copy legally preordered from Steam, if only it was that simple. And no when I reinstalled I didn't add any mods, so no fault there. As far as version...

Protocol Version 7
Exe version 1.0.0.0 (sine)
Exe build: 15:28:59 July 14 2006 (2722)

ADDENDUM-

Looks like deleting the ClientRegistry.Blob and then redownloading the files corrected the problem. Thanks Sarkie, I really appreciate the help. That was one seriously odd bug cropping up again.