Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   SiN Episodes Completed Maps & Mods (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   SiN: Retribution - first screenshot (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19136)

MadMax 01-04-2008 10:40 PM

SiN: Retribution - first screenshot

2008 starts with a surprise for you Sin fans who are still here!

I unofficially announce my recreation of Sin "II", the game that never was, and the game that I hoped Sin Episodes would become. But since Episodes is cancelled (I've been a die-hard Sin fan for a LONG time and... even I don't believe it will ever return) and Emergence left much to be desired in my opinion, and because everybody and your aunt on these forums cried out for someone to make a mod, well, here's my part.

This announcement is unofficial because it's not time yet to go around screaming "I have a Sin mod in the works and you'll play it soon!" The truth is, I'm doing this project completely alone - and no, I do not accept applications to join in - which means that it will take me probably quite a while to get the basics of what I have in mind done on the computer. I won't do this mod on Sin Episodes; I'll do it with the Source SDK, i.e. Half-Life 2 and the related games. It's the only way to get the newest version of the engine and the source code which I cannot do without. Because what I'm planning is not simply a few maps, it's new weapons, new dialogue, new textures, monsters, characters. It is what I would want Sin II to be and that's more than Emergence can offer. Still, I'm doing this thing myself because a) I know I have all the knowledge and resources to make it, just give me time and b) there aren't many people around willing to commit spare time and having the technical expertise to help. I've lead another game creation project before and it never worked, simply because there were not enough true talents and there were creative differences.

This mod/TC will be officially announced once I open the website at sin.silverball-magic.com, which is a subspace at my pinball site. But that will take a while! So you guys are the first to see this (click to enlarge):

No doubt you know what this place is. And you betcha it's in the game.

The story is completely done. I took the advice of some people around here and started writing the plot before even opening Hammer. Although it's only the second time that I've written a game story from scratch, it's very cinematic, it has character development and a lot of action and suspense, and guess who will make an appearance...! Running down the plot as it is now, the game will have 16 levels (not maps). And this is the logo:

If you've looked closely at the screenshot, you might have noticed the new textures. In fact these are remakes of the HARDCORPS HQ textures from Sin 1. Here's a sample:

That'll be all. Any questions or comments right into this thread, I'll keep looking!

T0ssu 01-05-2008 08:37 AM

Re: SiN: Retribution - first screenshot

this is pretty exciting. Don't know how much time it takes to finish this but i'm waiting :)
I've been SiN fan since 11years old and i'm now 20years old so i hope to see this one!
Good luck with this PROJECT!

Blade_cop 01-05-2008 10:55 AM

Looking great there Madmax :) . How long have you been working on this mod and what percent are you at?

MadMax 01-05-2008 06:16 PM

I started the story in September, but I've been working on the first map since November. This map is actually based on Sin Episodes for now so it can be played without changing any source code. The map will later be ported to the Source SDK for the actual game.

I've decided against any time pressure or release dates. I'm doing this mod if and when I have the time and want to spend it on Sin. For example, I stopped working on the map for weeks in December, but I continued shortly before Christmas.

It's too early to give a percentage since the lion's share is ahead of me. When this map is done it may or may not be released for fans to play; I don't want to release parts of this game since it won't be that long anyway and it will flow best when played in a whole. I know this means lots of waiting for players, especially when I start coding and modelling, the most time-consuming process. We'll see how it goes; I definitely don't want this mod to go down into the unknown because it took too long to release anything, I just can't say yet what will.

Grandpapa 01-06-2008 05:03 AM

Take your time with this one, it's more than a good news when someone is actually doing stuff like this. I don't care if it takes ages to get it ready, since you are doing it all alone, and thank you very much.

gamejunkie 01-06-2008 07:28 PM

Wow, that screen shot is just awesome. I wish the best of luck to you!

T0ssu 01-16-2008 03:28 AM

While waiting this to come out i wanted to play that revelation for wages of sin but i don't have it anymore on my comp so does anyone have it? :p

MadMax 01-16-2008 04:11 AM

It's still downloadable: http://www.silverball-magic.com/my-s...ion_street.zip

T0ssu 01-16-2008 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 176928)

Thanks for fast reply =) i had few problems with it but i solved them. For others who want to play it make it extract it to sin\revelation\
still some problems with texture.
They just don't seem to work :o

nataku 02-04-2008 04:53 PM

Well, Its good to see that someone who can do this wants to do it. Keep the good work.

T0ssu 03-02-2008 05:52 AM

anything new about this MadMax? :o

Tundra 03-08-2008 05:34 AM

This mod's goin' to bee a kickass, i cant wait :D

Jin 03-10-2008 01:34 AM

Oh Wow I should of come back on here sooner 0-0. The first pics looked great!!!! When is the full release out??

PsychoVincent 03-20-2008 07:14 AM

Yey, as I said in the other thread, try getting this mod up on popular sites as Moddb, the mod will get more exposure than you would think.

( There's also a award every year and it would be awesome if you won it, with every Sin fan backing you up! :D )

Maniac 04-05-2008 05:01 PM

Awsome work.

T0ssu 05-31-2008 05:43 AM

What's up with this project? i hope it's not cancelled.. haven't heard anything new for awhile :(

Grandpapa 05-31-2008 06:13 AM

It takes time to make it :)

T0ssu 06-01-2008 03:47 PM

yeah that's true but sometimes it's good to say that "im still here " :p

MadMax 06-03-2008 09:45 PM

I am still here, and the project is still in the works. But as Grandpapa said, it takes time. I know the website hasn't seen any updates, it's becoming a bad habit of mine. But as I said, something playable will be out in 2008, and 2008 is far from over! ;-)

PsychoVincent 06-07-2008 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 177086)
I am still here, and the project is still in the works. But as Grandpapa said, it takes time. I know the website hasn't seen any updates, it's becoming a bad habit of mine. But as I said, something playable will be out in 2008, and 2008 is far from over! ;-)

I really hope you mean that ^^