Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   SiN, SiN Steam & Wages of Sin (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   lets play a game of questions (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5534)

Rome MiB 01-15-2001 12:48 PM

lets play a game of questions

I'll go first

Assume an upward sloping aggregate supply curve. How will an increase in foreign demand for exports affect aggregate supply and demand, output, prices, and employment?

2 different approaches have been suggested to prevent an impeding recession in the current American economy: a cut in interest rates by the Fed & a proposed tax cut by Congress.
a: are both necessay? Why or why not?
b: How do you envision the American economy in the next 4 years? Do you see it expanding ot contracting? Explain your answer.

Oh this does not relate to the macroeconomics final I have to take in 6 hours.
HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE

[This message has been edited by Rome MiB (edited January 15, 2001).]

Zer0 01-15-2001 06:52 PM

Re: lets play a game of questions

Rate cuts have an instant psychological effect on the market but the effects aren't really felt for six months.
Income tax cuts take even longer to effect the economy. Mr. Bush's tax cut isn't going to do anything for the current slump in the markets since they take longer to have an effect and Bush won't be able get that past the Congress and Senate by the end of the year.

Gibby [LoK] 01-15-2001 06:55 PM

I could take the derivative of that curve

------------------
Don't let the door hitcha, where the good lord splits ya.

Rome MiB 01-15-2001 07:45 PM

Damnit, Zer0. Where were you a few hours ago?
That's a pretty good answer.

kAmALA 01-16-2001 01:01 AM

A real business cycle model with two types of agents, workers and entrepreneurs, is simulated to see if it can account for some stylized facts characterizing postwar U.S. business cycle fluctuations, such as the countercyclical movement of labor's share of income, and the acyclical behavior of real wages. It can. There exists an economy- wide market for contingent claims. On this market workers purchase insurance from entrepreneurs, through optimal labor contracts, against losses in income due to business cycle fluctuations. Insurance flows protecting workers against aggregate cyclical risk are calculated to be less than one percent of labor income.

Rome MiB 01-16-2001 01:07 AM

Wait. Was that an answer or a question?

kAmALA 01-16-2001 01:11 AM

yes

Rome MiB 01-16-2001 01:13 AM

But how does it sound.. on weeeeeeed?

kAmALA 01-16-2001 01:18 AM

In the modern U.S. economy, plant exit leads plant entry, entry is moderately procyclical, and exit is countercyclical and has a strong leading relationship with both output and total factor productivity growth. The association of entry and exit with aggregate productivity growth suggests that their fluctuations have a technological origin. In a model economy where plants embody technology, the exit of weak incumbent plants accelerates following an improvement in the leading edge technology. Later, when plants embodying the improvement begin operation, aggregate output and productivity rise. A version of the model mimics the cyclical behavior of entry and exit, suggesting the importance of shocks to the rate of embodied technological change for economic fluctuations.

Zer0 01-16-2001 08:55 AM

Sorry man...I was at school.
Not bad considering I've never even taken a course in highschool that had anything to do with business.
Who said TV had no educational value???

Zer0 01-16-2001 06:39 PM

Oh, I read the Wall Street Journal too sometimes. Exciting reading!