Ritualistic Forums

Ritualistic Forums (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek Elite Force II (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Suggestions (http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9971)

RMS Oceanic 03-30-2002 04:50 PM

Suggestions

Hello. I've decided to post this thread to people can give REALISTIC ideas and suggestions for Ritual as they make the game.

I'll start:
- Use a similar model/skin system like that of Elite Force to improve compatability. There is quite a large modding community for EF1, and I'd hate to see all the work they've done lost completely.
- In addition to all the regular modes, maybe you could add a Co-op multiplayer, like in RTCW. A mod for EF has this and it is extremely popular, even though it isn't out yet.
- Before you make your own version of the Enterprise E, you should take a look at The Enterprise E Project. It has very promising screenshots.
- Would it be possible to have DM/TDM/CTF maps of the Defiant and/or Deep Space Nine? For reference, see the mod Balance of Power.
- Along with maps, how about including models and skins? Look for skinners called Toonloon, Worf55, The Prophet and Laz Rojas, who have pretty much skinned most of the characters out of the first four series.
- Is it possible, in any Expansion pack(s) you release, to include extra Single Player Storylines? Possibly on DS9/TOS/Enterprise.
- Again, in any XP(s)/online, could you provide us with modding materials, including tutorials?
- What helped to make EF1 enjoyable was the fact that you could play it from two perspectives. Would it be possible to reintroduce this by including AlexandRIA Munro?
- Building on this, after completion of the Single Player Storyline, it would be fun to have a bonus feature where you could play from several people's perspective.

These are strictly suggestions, but they would make my gameplay more enjoyable. Does anyone else have suggestions?

[ March 30, 2002: Message edited by: RMS Oceanic ]

Superrobster 03-30-2002 04:55 PM

Re: Suggestions

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RMS Oceanic:
Before you make your own version of the Enterprise E, you should take a look at The Enterprise E Project. It has very promising screenshots.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey, Thanks Oceanic! It's nice to be thought of so highly! I would gladly send the devs some newer screenshots or .map files if it would help, although it probably interferes with some copyright laws or something [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img].

Well - it's still nice to be noticed! My self-esteem has improved today! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ March 30, 2002: Message edited by: Superrobster ]

RMS Oceanic 03-30-2002 04:56 PM

You're welcome. Why start from scratch when there's already a great project out there?

migdog43 03-30-2002 04:58 PM

I agree with oceanic. It would be awful for such a great project to go down the drain [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Superrobster 03-30-2002 05:01 PM

I'll still release the MOD for EF(1) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img], but I will have to stop there unless my maps are better than Rituals! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

RMS Oceanic 03-30-2002 05:02 PM

I know, I just thought it would be great if they thought it was so good, they use your version and give credit.

By credit, I mean royalties. Cha-ching!

Superrobster 03-30-2002 05:04 PM

lol, IF ONLY! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

migdog43 03-30-2002 05:04 PM

LOL.

Fat chance though, that they will use Robbie's version. They may look at it a little and get some ideas though

RMS Oceanic 03-30-2002 05:05 PM

Seriously, they might like it. At the very least it could give them some pointers.

Superrobster 03-30-2002 05:05 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by migdog43:
LOL.

Fat chance though, that they will use Robbie's version. They may look at it a little and get some ideas though
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll send them the goods if they ask, although they would have probably made most of the locations already... well, I think!
[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

RMS Oceanic 03-30-2002 05:07 PM

There's a lot that has yet to be made in that remaining 60%.

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Superrobster 03-30-2002 05:10 PM

Stop getting my hopes up! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

migdog43 03-30-2002 05:10 PM

Lets just hope that they do as good a job as Raven did... if not better [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

BTW-I'm already hooked on these forums... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

All we need is MRJ and Harry and it would feel like home... almost.

migdog43 03-30-2002 05:11 PM

Robbie has to go pee now, Oceanic way to go! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] :P

RMS Oceanic 03-30-2002 05:15 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Superrobster:
Stop getting my hopes up! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, I'll leave it to Ritual.

mig, how do you know Robbie has to pee?

RMS Oceanic 03-30-2002 05:20 PM

BTW, does anyone else have ideas they wanna post here? Who knows? It might make a difference.

Superrobster 03-30-2002 05:21 PM

I'd appreciate it if you guys didn't talk to openly about my urinary pyrotechnics!

RMS Oceanic 03-30-2002 05:26 PM

Urinary pyrotechnics...gotta remember THAT phrase! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

BTW, Robbie, I got your message and changed the url.

migdog43 03-30-2002 05:27 PM

LOL

RMS Oceanic 03-30-2002 05:46 PM

Well? Does ANYONE have any moreideas for Ritual? Or shall I assume I've got it in a nutshell, get a swollen head and be pompous, piss off Q and get the world destroyed?

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Morpheus4873 03-30-2002 06:06 PM

More weapons. I was disapointed that EF did not have weapons such as Klingon Disruptor or federation double pronged phaser rifle. Also make some maps outside. All of EF maps were inside other ships and that was good but make some of EF2 singe player maps on some planets too. Q3TA has nice outdoor enviroment engine.

Make multiplayer more realsitic. Like HRH pointed in another thread, multiplayer now is more like a frag match. Run at lightspeed and shoot somebody with rockets for 30 seconds. Make it much more realistic. Not Q3 but more like MOHAA.

RMS Oceanic 03-30-2002 06:12 PM

Dk'tangs and Bah'leths. 'nuff said [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, 4-way CTF would be cool. And also, in multiplayer, when you set the teams (Starfleet, Romulans etc) Have different weapons, Like Phaser = Klingon Disrupter = Romulan Disruptor = Borg Taser

radarmy 03-30-2002 06:31 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Morpheus4873:
or federation double pronged phaser rifle..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're called the compression phaser rifles.

The phaser rifle in EF1 isn't a compression. THey just call it that.

I.E. in caretaker, janeway says to grab the compression phaser rifles out and they're the double pronged ones.

Hey Robbie, when are we letting out a preview copy? I got all the setup and launcher stuff ready. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

RMS Oceanic 03-30-2002 06:35 PM

I don't like the real CPRs. The curves make it too alienesque. The EF one is way more Starfleet-like.

Kahless 03-30-2002 09:14 PM

curved coridoors(spelling?).
that was one thing that EF1 was really lacking and needed. just having straight angular coridoors really detracted from the... the... reality? immersion? something like that. it would just be more enjoyable, I think.

Locational damage.
another thing EF1 lacked. it was really frustrating when you shot someone in the head(which is supposed to be a sensitive area to trauma) and it would do no more damage than if you shot them in the foot.

my 0.02 (lira [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )