View Single Post
Old 12-09-2002, 12:48 AM   #1
STATIC3D
Addict

Default Oh great...now this...

Yes, I am still alive. I don't really play SiN any more, but, it still holds the place as one of my favorite all time games. And some of the best damned MP levels ever. After seeing the announcement of Ritual doing this project, I had to come out of retirement from the forum to voice some stuff...

Am I the only one that is a bit bugged by Ritual taking on a project from "the other team" (Valve...aka Half Loaf). I know the Rit guys do good work and all, but it seems as if the majority of their recent project have been for paychecks instead of from their own creativity standpoint.

Don't get me wrong, I know the guys gotta get paid and all, but still, when was the last thing to come out of Ritual that was "THEIRS"? And, when (if ever) will we seen anything like it from them again?

SiN was (and IS) one of the most original FPS games ever. And, it would have kicked HL's rear end had it not been for Activision pushin it to store shelves it the state it was in at that time.

SiN is one of those games that many ppl didn't try for one of two reasons...the reviews which mentioned the bugs ppl didn't want to deal with, and, the total hype of Half Loaf coming out (aka brainwashing). However, EVERY SINGLE person I have talked to that actually played SiN thought it was awesome.

First iD takes mod ideas from the internet and repackages them for sale (with Q3: Team Arena)...then...Infogrames/Epic/DE releases UT2003 which was so obviously rushed it's insane...now...Ritual is workin for the "other team"...the gaming world is definitely in an "interesting" state to say the least... [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Anywho, just needed to get that off my chest (why, I dunno, just had to voice it somewhere I guess)...8ios
STATIC3D is offline   Reply With Quote