Thread: CHECK THIS OUT
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2003, 12:28 PM   #9
zoso
Experienced

Default Re: CHECK THIS OUT

Quote:
Quote:
thats just the new maps and textures in CS1.6's current version, thats why the textures aren't wroking on old dust2.

from rizzuh
Quote:
I talked to cliffe about the models. He said that the player models just wouldn't work: The animations were poorly done and would often do very weird things. Ritual was either unwilling or unable to fix it.

In my opinion, the weapon models looked worse so I really don't miss them.

I know that, in the end, it's what the consumer wants is what they should get, but unfortunately technical problems really stopped this from happening. It's really no big loss to me because they very much got the gameplay right, in my opinion.
And let me assure you, the 26 poly models Cliffe made completely destory anything a professional modeler could do.

The guys ego is getting a little too out of control now.
that's funny. cause everything looked and worked perfectly fine here at ritual for multiplayer and singleplayer last we shipped it to valve.

i take some offense to that weapon comment considering i modeled and animated (or tweaked the animation on) every weapon for czero. and the textures were done by some of the most fantastic skinners i've seen.

oooo only if i could show you.... oooo only if i could give you comparisons.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote