View Single Post
Old 10-22-2003, 03:50 AM   #58
PoOKiE
Rookie

Default Re: CSNation previews the new CZ

Quote:
so your saying the 12 mission cz that leaked will be the exact same thing thats in the deleted folder section of the new CZ. So in other words the deleted scenes folder from the new cz is whats leaked.
That's pretty much what it is except there's only 10 so far plus the training thing which doesnt really count. It's top notch work from Ritual IMO. I love the new sounds and the new models, and the scripted stuff isn't too overboard or anything like regular halflife was. I think it adds a lot to the game. When working with a 6 year old game engine you gotta admit that what they've done is pretty stinkin good.....probably the best stuff you'll get out of the HL1 engine. Yeah it's kind of weird sometimes to turn around and find a dude with a ski mask hacking at your back with a machette but it's more funny than it is bad gameplay. Little things like that you can't do much about, unless you just took out those enemys completely but hey it was on easy and it was still a pretty nice challenge. It's also kind of nice to see the hitboxes are a bit smaller and there's not just headshot after headshot all the time, although I managed to nail a sniper in a tree, sniper on the roof, and a rpg man all in the head in a matter of 5 seconds with my trusty scout. There's also lots of stuff you can blow up and you can trick the AI to follow you and they run into landmines and blow up. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Good times...The weather effects look pretty nice too [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And yeah turtle rocks version doesnt work with the dlls that were there. We'll see what the final version is and then pass judgement. It would be a lot nicer to have one cd with full Ritual version with all missions for single player and then turtle rock on the other disc.....Oh well, that might make too much sense for Valve. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
PoOKiE is offline   Reply With Quote