View Single Post
Old 01-15-2004, 12:57 PM   #5
BrushBaron
Level Designer

Default Re: Well its time to move on.

OK, here's my slightly modified version:

I added more facts to back up the statements. People like to see statements backed up with factual information to ensure it's the truth. For the quotes part, I need better quotes so that's your job, find the reviews that were praising SiN2 and we'll decide which ones to put in the petition.

For the game elements that SiN was the first to do, make sure those are correct and add more if I missed any.

To: Gamers and Game Publishers

This petition is being started in hopes that the signatures will help Ritual be able to gain publisher support for the development of SiN 2.

SiN was released in 1998 for the PC. Unfortunately, due to publisher pressure the game was released before it was ready in order to beat Half-Life to store shelves. Due to the bugs in SiN, it gained a stigma of being a "bad game". A patch was released shortly after the game came out that resolved the problems. However, due to the initial bad press (negative reviews) many people failed to purchase SiN.

For those that did purchase SiN, many who did so based upon the fun they had playing the demo, it was one of the best gaming experiences ever. Many reviewers critically acclaimed the game saying, “The Holy Grail of Computerdom has arrived!” (www.gamesdomain.com), “Through solid level design, a twisted sense of humor, familiar weapons, interactivity and near-perfect netplay SiN raises the bar for its competition...” (www.shakyextreme.com). SiN included many gameplay features and elements that had never been seen before, many of which have been used in games since.
1. Zoom on Sniper Rifles
2. Multiple gameplay paths
3. Sidekick characters that complement the hero
4. Computer terminals to use

Ritual has continued to produce high quality work in their titles created since the release of SiN, such as Heavy Metal: FAKK2, Star Trek: Elite Force 2, Counter Strike Xbox and Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre.

SiN had a strong and devoted following of fans, many of whom still play the game to this day. The world of SiN was rich enough to garner the creation of both the Wages of SiN addon pack, developed by 2015, and a DVD anime movie, produced by ADV films, which was on the best seller list in the US for 10 consecutive weeks. For years, many fans of SiN have hoped there would be an opportunity to play a sequal to SiN.

Unfortunately, as of the creation of this petition, Ritual has been unable to gain publisher support for the development of SiN 2. Ritual has created a development demo for SiN 2. Please click the following link for some in-game screenshots of the main characters, Blade and Elexis.
http://www.ritualistic.com/screens.php/sin2/Sin+II/

We, the undersigned, are showing our support for SiN 2 in hopes that a publisher will recognize the opportunity to profit from the experience of Ritual, and, a devoted fan base willing to spread the news of SiN 2 via word of mouth (and keyboard), as well as our with our hard earned money.

Thank you for the time you took to read this petition. I urge you to send it to everyone you know to show your support. Show that you will be a paying customer for SiN 2.
BrushBaron is offline   Reply With Quote