View Single Post
Old 01-17-2004, 02:04 PM   #9
Mr_DJ

Default Re: Well its time to move on.

Quote:
Hey guyz, I realize that we are passionate about SiN 2. But, we have to focus on some things that may make a publisher more likely to take notice. Just being excited about SiN 2 is great, H3LL knows I am [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], but, publishers (obviously) think differently than we gamers do.

Therefore, we have to sort of speak more their language in order to get their attention. I signed the original petition, and will do so with any other SiN 2 petition that comes out. But, I decided to revamp the petition into something that "may" be of a bit more interest to a publisher.

This is not to say there is anything wrong with the original petition, or the latest version. It's just that I think publishers are so focused on the "bottom line" type of thinking, that we need to focus more on that area too.

If publishers thought like we did, there already would have been a SiN 2. Since there has not been, then we need to think more like them in an attempt to "hook" them.
I agree with you on that!

We have to put ourselves in their position and think, "What arguments could convince US to spend millions of dollars on a PC game".
We have to take into consideration that the fps genre is a risky one.
There is already coming multiples AAA titles this year: Doom3, Half-Life2, Far Cry, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, and maybe even Duke Nukem Forever.
So the competition highens and the developers has to convince the publishers that their new game is competitive with these titles. And the fact that the first Sin didn't do too well(cash income wise), is not something that appeals.

I enjoyed the first Sin very much too and would also very much like a Sin2 to be made. The first had the same feel as Duke Nukem 3D(compliment). That means a hero with an attitude, funny (idea rich, non-repetitive) interaktive levels, up-to-date graphics and babes.
I miss these features in todays games.

I only found out about Sin2 recently, because I during a google search (can't remember what i searched for) noticed a link to this petition page: http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?sin2
Which I signed imidiately [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Then I heared of the 2 pictures and here I am.

So I'm new to this board [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Mr_DJ is offline   Reply With Quote