View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 09:59 PM   #2
kanaeda
Veteran

Default Re: Editing problems/questions

Scripting *anything* in the HL engine is a challenge. The less possible outside interruptions, the more consistent the results (notice all the cool cinematic scripted bits in HL are behind a window or a door). What specifically is causing the problem is really hard to say. The reason we moved a lot of sequences like that to an external file is that it was easier to adjust the timing for events and re-test in the game. I wouldn't think this is caused by *not* using a scripted_sequence. Probably more along the lines of making sure the timing is set right on all the triggers and that an event isn't being fired while another is still in progress. Formal documentation for scripted_Sequence entities/files - don't know that it exists.

Modification of existing assets - I personally don't see why this would be a problem. At the same time, I'm not a lawyer so the specifics are beyond me. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Detail texture files - are these just the .txt files for the recently released missions? There isn't any kind of mass public upload location. You would need to find somewhere/someone to host the downloadable files for you.

Some entities were specifically modified to support using a .mdl instead of standard brush geometry.
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote