View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 04:07 PM   #6
wng
Casual

Default Re: Source SDK mapping support?

I don't know how much you can edit yet, but I've managed to get SE1 working with the Source SDK. I don't know whether this already has been posted or not, but here goes.
1. Create a new mod with Source SDK with "Start a mod from scratch (advanced users only)" mode.
2. Choose a directory and a name, and wait for the load to finish.
3. Go to the directory created by the Source SDK (SteamApps\SourceMods\*mod name*) and open the gameinfo.txt file.
4. Go to the line that says SteamAppId and change its value to "1300" without the quotation marks. Save the file and go back to the Source SDK menu.
5. Choose your mod from the drop-down menu at the bottom of that window. Now start the modding application you want to work with [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Whenever I try to load the Elexis folder in the models folder in the Model Viewer, I get some error message about the memory not being read or something like that, then the model viewer crashes. Works fine in other folders though.

EDIT: I am now able to open the Elexis models. When in the window for loading models in the model viewer, write "characters\Elexis\elexis.mdl" (without quotation marks) into the File name field and push enter.
wng is offline   Reply With Quote