View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 09:59 PM   #14
Tru3_Blu3
Rookie

Default Re: Wow, this game is a system hog.

Quote:
Originally posted by WretchedSpawn:
Funny, I'm running the game smooth as butter at either 1280x1024 w/ 4x Anti-Aliasing or 1600x1200 w/ 2x Anti-Aliasing (take your pick) on a 3 year old 2.26 GHz P4 OC'd to 2.76 GHz and a Geforce 6800 GT...

It's definitely running slightly smoother than HL2 although you're right, it still doesn't look quite as nice.

Do you actually have any proof that the game is "hogging" system resources or are you just saying that because your frame rates suck? This could be caused by any one of a number of issues though my own experiences would seem to suggest that an unquentiable thirst for raw processing power or system memory is not one of them.

Perhaps you are suffering from one of the 'minor issues' noted in this post from the game's lead programmer. Also check this thread.

Are you sure that all of your drivers are up to date?
My drivers are up to date. Are you sure it is my HD? HD is really for program room and even if you loose it all, nothing will change. Also, my HD carries 60 GB at max, I know have 30. My PC is fully defraged and I have no viruses. I don`t know what`s the problem dude.
Tru3_Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote