View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 10:05 PM   #14
MadMax
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MadMax
Default Re: [wip] Blade\'s voice pack

dj, I figured out just what you said tonight... obviously the Source engine doesn't allow for scripted conversations as Sin 1 did. There are "scenes" which have timed conversations (made of several voice clips), but these are only for dialogues where the talking characters are physically present, i.e. no radio chatter. And radio chatter is what I'd most likely want to add. Unfortunately, this type of "dialogue" is simply some triggered wave files (obviously triggered from the maps), and only one wave file can be played back on such a trigger, so there can't be any followup responses by Blade. As you said, the only way to do that would be adding Blade's response (or "pre-sponse") to the actual wave file of Jessica/JC talking over the radio. I'll most likely do that and see what I can come up with. I've already extracted all the stuff from the GCF files; actually there are some voice clips and scripts in there that were not used in the game and which I'd have loved to see. I also listened through all of Blade's clips from Sin 1 and picked out quite a number that would be appropriate for Emergence. I'll report back when I get something.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote