View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 02:20 AM   #334
ripper_hugme
Regular

Send a message via AIM to ripper_hugme
Default Re: SiN Episodes: Emergence Feedback and Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar
- the first most obvious thing is Blade's speech. I will say it again just to make sure Ritual do not think someone likes it the way it is. (I read a couple of posts from guys who liked it but they will be tracked down and punished ) And you can give us the guy who came with the "brilliant" idea of the silent Blade so we can lynch him.
- characters are not deep at all. Maybe because Blade does not talk but still it's worth mentioning. Jessica is awful up to now. Alyx from hl2(and I mean the original hl2) is much better character she feels human let alone comparisson with ep1. I think it will be really cool if Jessica turns out to be a traitor in let's say 4-5th ep but there should be clues earlier. If there's gonna be a love story let it be with JC let's say she'll seduce him to get some information. Blade is saved for Elexis
- I didn't notice infinite enemy spawns but they were long and annoying anyway. Just make them spawn further I guess.
- The hands of the models? WTF? You wanted to have graphics from the original SiN or what?
- interactivity Hacking consoles, shooting locks etc. You know better. You did it with the first SiN.
- Story. The first SiN didn't have the best story out there but it was enough. Emergence may even have better story but it doesn't seem enough. You just need to have more otherwise it seems somewhat empty.
- It maybe just my computer but the game seems like it runs slower compared to hl2 ep1 and the latter has HDR enabled. Maybe it is the larger spaces I don't know but I can feel it in arena mode and I don't feel it in hl2 deathmatch. It is not a big issue though. At least not before multiplayer comes out.

Overall: You made SiN fan out of me and I hadn't played the original SiN back in 98 or 99?
My Crits of your crits

-Silent blade pissed me too.

-Characters aren't any concern to me, they're no barney or alyx i'll admit but in a world of 'tactical', 'one shot', 'epic storylines' isn't it nice to see a game full of sillyness and double d's (double q's in elexis's case) (Btw Zombines, get it? sux valve, kidnap some tribesmen to write your comedy)

-If Coding is a hard thing todo, coding a mini-dos into a game must be legendary. If i was ritual (which I'm not, not yet at least....) I wouldn't want to code a whole sytem again. Ritual built this off Half-Life2 not a few shreds of quake code like SiN 1 did.

--------------------
ripper_hugme is offline   Reply With Quote