View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 07:10 PM   #3
Standoff
Veteran

Default Re: Just played "Sin Episodes",... What I think... **spoilers**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphicsgod
And that's where Viktor Radek seems to have his base located. Um why?!?
Because it's inconspicuous and supposedly SinTEK is contracted for repairing the ship. You figure it out.
Quote:
I think the ship levels were some of the worst in both design and for adding to the plot! Not only does the ship look more like a laboratory "BUILDING" than a ship. And the mutant people was interesting, but didn't really add anything just to be more like to HL.
Right, it was a lab inside a ship. Go figure. And there are mutants? In SiN? Wow, what were they in 1998? Demons?
Quote:
I would hate to be Viktor Radek. If he needed to get to his office and to leave, would he have to go through all the crap I did?!? Just an after thought for the level designer(s), in my opinion. Speaking of an after thought, there was a huge bug that kept me from finishing this level. After being stuck in front of Viktor, he would speak for a few min. then... NOTHING. I was like what the hell!
Yes, level design always handholds. Why? Because people playing FPSes don't really like being confused. If it was an FPRPG, it would make more sense to have multiple paths.

And that bug was fixed. If you just played it, the only reason you'd encounter it would be the pirated version or for some reason you have Steam set to not update the game.
Quote:
And as with the rest of the game Jessica is the most useless side kick I've had in a game. She was mostly in the way and would just stand there and get shot at. Then just disappear. At least the chick in HL2 was more useful and I liked to just let her do all the dirty work ;-). But in this game, I much preferred to just leave Jessica behind :-(.
She shot at things. She moved. Good enough for me. I didn't notice anything unusual.
Quote:
But with this game, it's too much like HL2/HL2: Episode One :-(. Waaay too much like that game.
Your character doesn't talk... much if at all, we don't see the character, the story is just non existent and it's told just like HL2. I want a different game than HL2, not the same!!
Right, you're playing SiN, you got SiN. You didn't get HL2. Did you expect them to call something SiN then make something completely different?
How about comparisions.
HL2:ep1 tons of scripted scenes, Alyx always with you, a bunch of easy puzzles, fairly short
SiN:ep1 much more fun combat, far less scripted storyline scenes, definately not as short

And while we're here, let us mention that Ritual has nowhere near the funds that Valve has, since you seem to be upset that this game isn't perfect.
Quote:
I say scrap this whole version of Sin and start over! Please for the love of god/satan/whatever!! From what I played, this isn't going to work. Use this as a test game and move on :-)!
I say to hell with that, bring on Episode 2.
Peace out.
Standoff is offline   Reply With Quote