Thread: Map AI Question
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 06:44 PM   #9
MeatPuppet
Level Designer

Default Re: Map AI Question

Jessica wasn't designed to be a passenger but she might fire at enemy grunts if she hates them enough. You can use an ai_relationship to tell her to hate them. She won't lean out the windows on her own. You will have to write some code to make that happen.

As for her idle animation while riding as a passenger, I think it should work. It was definitely working at some point.

I'm not sure what the best way to deal with the exit vehicle command on Jessica is. At some point she would play an exit animation. But I just checked the model viewer and didn't see the passenger exit animation. So, I have a feeling that a fix that might work is to kill her after the exit vehicle command and then spawn a new instance of her. Getting her to spawn wherever the player stops the car is going to be another problem you will have to figure out. I'm not sure how to do it off the top of my head but that doesn't mean a solution doesn't exist. You might try parenting an info_spawn_destination to the car and have her spawn there? I have no idea if it will work but it might be worth trying.
MeatPuppet is offline   Reply With Quote