View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 10:37 AM   #17
KalZakath
Experienced

Default Re: I had boss battles

Quote:
Originally posted by ATimson:
Doubt it. It was more likely driven by the promises that yes, it will be coming out on Xbox first, but it'll still be coming out on PC like it was originally being developed for.
Debatable [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Halo was always intended as an exclusive XBox title, by both Bungie and Microsoft. It cost a huge amount to make - MS happily footed the bill, something they did with several developers in a similar situation (exclusive titles). It launched for XBox - both companies realised they would struggle to even things up, given the expensive development budget. Before it was released, all we heard was "exclusive, exclusive, exclusive" - oh look, out it pops on PC [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] MS doesn't turn decisions around without reason, especially if it means people can point out they screwed up - coupled with the losses made on every XB ever sold, I'm sure the relatively low sales forced them to release on PC. It makes little sense for MS to bang on about exclusivity for months and months, only to release for PC afterwards. Money is involved, but not in a good way [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Rather than "hey we can release on PC too and make loads" (which was obvious to everyone really), I think it was more like "this is gonna have go on PC too, hit something with a bigger playerbase" [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hopefully Bungie will keep future Halos where they belong, on the thing with the green logo [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
KalZakath is offline   Reply With Quote