View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 07:23 PM   #7
David_Grove
Experienced

Default Re: Suggestion about fixing the mutagen system

Quote:
Originally posted by Switchblade_Honey:
The mutagen "bullet time" effect needs tweaking. Most of the time with the current system, one of two things happens:

1. You find a barrel of mutagen, load up on it in case there are some bad guys round the next corner. You spend half a minute walking along a corridor in slow motion, and by the time you find some enemies, the mutagen has worn off.

2. You break a barrel in combat to try and take advantage of it. However, by the time you've managed to stand in the cloud for a couple of seconds, either you're dead, or your enemies are.
Heh, honestly, I didn't find the barrels to be that much of a struggle. I usually carried two barrels with me where I could. They were helpful sometimes, others they just made it a pain in the ass. </font><span class="spoiler" onmouseover="this.className='spoilerhighlight'" onmouseout="this.className='spoiler'">Like in the U4 labs where you're trapped for the second time. Got stuck and the darn thing took more health than the enemies did. </span><font class="post"> You can pick them up and just chuck them where ever you need them really.

But the idea of carrying individual packets of the stuff might work, maybe a sort of inhalent that he carries around now that he's discovered what it can do for him. I think JC could be smart enough to make one for him.
David_Grove is offline   Reply With Quote