Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 01-17-2003, 02:13 PM   #1
DEICIDE

Default FAMAS in CS:CZ ?

I hope it'll not be the same ugly model/skin than i've seen in CS 1.6 :

Anyway,i hope than Ritual will redone it, make more accurate and detailled ... Even if i doubt, just in case : http://perso.wanadoo.fr/deicide-nbf/FAMAS%20GIAT/
DEICIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 05:28 PM   #2
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman
Default Re: FAMAS in CS:CZ ?

All the weapon models will be re-done for CZ. They'll be more detailed, featuring a 60 - 70% percent increase in polygons.
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 05:38 PM   #3
DEICIDE

Great new ! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

-Can u send me a screenshot of the CSCZ Famas model plz ?
-Do u count use my pics ? (if that can help u ...)

Tnx.
Old 01-18-2003, 08:28 AM   #4
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

I don't think there are any screenshots showing the CZ version of that particular weapon, but I'm sure there will be sooner or later.
Old 01-19-2003, 12:18 AM   #5
Castle
Level Designer

Cool

Ill forward this list of bad ass pictures from that link over to the the art department.
Those are some cool ass pics!
thanks
Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 06:54 AM   #6
DEICIDE

Thanks Castle [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Contact me if u need some specific pics about a weapon or know how reload it, i can may be help u ...

sc3@wanadoo.fr
Old 01-20-2003, 10:10 AM   #7
zoso
Experienced

to reiterate you the weapons in cz are getting overhauled especially in the polycount and texture departments...

all weapons are also going through animation tweaks and changes.

btw.....when did cs 1.6 come out??
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 10:20 AM   #8
badman
Sheep Inspector

Never did. Was supposed to come out last week, but Valve's Steam distribution system couldn't handle the onslaught.
Old 01-20-2003, 10:57 AM   #9
DEICIDE

That's the best new for all CS fans !

Lot of players bitch about the CS arsenal : Poor poly's weapons, inaccurate skins, false reload animations (M4 in particular) etc ... That why they prefer use hi-poly weapons packs instead.

I've begin to play CS since the first beta, but i must admit my interest for these mod decrease with the time (cheaters, etc ...) and finally i don't play at all.
But if u say than u'll redone in better all the weapons and skins (and add news) be sure i'll play to CS:CZ

Zoso if u need to see real weapon's firing and reloads, tell me, i've some videos, that can be useful to u.

Soon (i hope tuesday) i'll grab some good hi-res pics of a SIG SSG-551, i guess than some artists from Ritual are interested too ?
Old 01-20-2003, 11:22 AM   #10
zoso
Experienced

that would be incredibly cool to see weapons in action (i.e. vids or something akin to that.) if you can give me a link then that would be great.

unfortunately all the view weapons/items are already modeled for cz and almost all of them are skinned so i can't and don't have time to go back and re-model something causing more work for myself and other artists....however, i do appreciate your images and regardless if i have time to go back and change things i would love to see anything you have.

as far as i know (don't quote me on this) but the reason why the polycount for weapons is low is because so it'll run faster and smoother on slower machines. letting more people play without having to speed tons of money to upgrade their machines. i believe that the average computer user doesn't have the lastest and greatest components that are out in the market place. so game designers set limits for themselves to adhere to so more people can play the game...and honestly for 400-700 polys i think the artists that did the current cs weapons did a great job.

for the life of me i can't figure out which weapon you're talking about when you say the m4??

however because of time constraints and crunch times many of the original anims for the current weapons are being used w/ various tweaks and changes. (of course all new view weapons, items, and some select current cs weapons have new anims.)
Old 01-20-2003, 12:35 PM   #11
errant

i believe he means the m4 carbine (buy.4.3). the draw anim for that is wrong, i.e. the guy pulls the forward assist instead of pushing it. correct anim would be the guy pulling the charging handle, then pushing the forward assist in, or something along those lines.
errant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 12:59 PM   #12
KevinUK
Veteran

I would have thought the team would have researched the weapons in great detail and have videos of weapons firing anyway?
How can you model something without knowing how it acts in real life?
KevinUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 02:51 PM   #13
zoso
Experienced

oh yeah....the m4a1 duh...totally forgot about that weapon...

fixed
Old 01-21-2003, 04:00 PM   #14
DEICIDE

I have lot of videos, something near of 740Mo, with all kind of firearms. I begin a collection of hi res pics too (+ others i think interesting to keep on my hd).
Ask me what do u want, and i'll send u.

Last year i've past some time as beta tester for global ops. As i've noticed some mistakes, i send 'em the corrections with a reference pics from the real weapons with a screenshot takken from the gun in game, and explain the correction to do. Something really simple to do in fact.
It's always a satisfaction to see than developpers take care of your work, and finally see corrections done in the final release. I've help a bit some moders too.

Hum i'm a bit disapointed to come too late for help u more. Anyway if u some doubts about a weapon's detail or something else, tell me ...

Yes, low poly models is a guaranty to run a game on every low tech PC, but HL is became a old engine now (Q1 modified). And lot of guys dislike it, they prefer play on games running under Q3 or UT engine. Even if all the stats show than CS is the game most play in the world. But they play to CS coz it's fun, not for the textures or animations.
I'm remember when i've buy HL, my PC was a 450Mhz + Voodoo, now it's a 1.3 Ghz + GF4. So i can play HL with very high poly weapons if i want.
Downgrade a game is may be more acceptable for the mass market, but in a other side it's prejudicial too. Lot of gamers configurations are near of 1Ghz + GF2 or 3 now. That's why lot of players prefer play with high poly weapon's packs now. And that's may be why u decide to upgrade the models and skins polycount for CSCZ.
However, i'm not against players with low configurations (recently i've offer my "old" GF3 to one of my buddy ... Only by pity ) but i prefer have the choice, and run the game with the maximum eye candy's effects.

The M4A1 in CS use the forward assist assembly to relaod, it's false. In fact it's useful only if u need to close the bolt in case of jamming. It's also a security procedure that u can see in American's Army : The hand tap the forward assist to ensure bolt is fully forward and locked.
So, if u want load a M4 u need to pull backward the charging handle and release it. If the bolt is open, push the bolt catch button instead. If there already a cartridge inside the chamber, just put a new magazine and squeeze the trigger to fire. If there a cartridge inside the chamber and than u use the charging handle, these cartridge is ejected.
Old 01-21-2003, 04:47 PM   #15
happy_cravings
Casual

Default MAC 10 needs fix

If anyone has noticed, when u buy a MAC10 your finger changes animation [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] . When the MAC10 is moving into place to firing(still) mode the middle finger(i think) changes animation. U can also see this when u switch from a MAC10 to another weapon and switch back to the MAC10 again. I dont why it does this but it sure would be good to see that MAC10 animation fixed cause it wasnt fixed in CS1.6 either [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] !
happy_cravings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 09:41 PM   #16
Mike Porter
Casual

Dude I am a complete link whore... If you have some good links, share them with your buds here at Ritual.

I have been compiling a reference link library for the last 5 years.. Just recently updated it but I am always on the lookout for fresh stuff.

Hook a brotha up!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Mike Porter is offline   Reply With Quote