Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2003, 09:22 PM   #1
happy_cravings
Casual

Default Condition Zero Missions IT OUT!!!

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.ritualistic.com//forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1042946573happy_cravings">

Terrorists Missions
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />God Dammit, Gimme the T missions aswell
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Meh...
<input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />It will NEVER happen [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

Sorry to sound like a dick for saying this but why are there only missions for Counter-Terrorists [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] , where have the bad ass Ts gone [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Isn't Counter Strike based with Counter-Terrorists AND Terrorists aswell?
Maybe Ritual and Valve and shove in that large amount of extra effort plus time and plz consumers with something huge! like when we purchase Condition Zero there will be one CD for CT missions and another CD for T missions.(But I kinda know this new shite about T missions will never happen [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] as Valve and Ritual will have to work hard out if they wanna get that done...lazy bums [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) But c'mon adding T missions has got to be a good idea...

Gimme your vote and your opinion PLEASE [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

that badass in the backround could be me [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
-----------------------------------------
&lt;RiTuAl&gt;&lt;U CAN DO IT !&gt;
-----------------------------------------
happy_cravings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 12:30 AM   #2
Castle
Level Designer

Default Re: Condition Zero Missions IT OUT!!!

Urmm

Dont you think that allowing to play as a T would kind of bring in the type of bad press that would well. Get our houses burned down and kicked out of the country?
Im only half kidding about this one too thats what really makes it funny.... Now im not sure exactly why the choice to not play as a T in single player was made by the people in charge... Im just assuming that they didnt want to be dragged out into the streets...
Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 12:54 AM   #3
warrior
Fanboy

Yeah, no terrorist stuff now.

Man I can just see the headlines. 'First Grand Theft Auto teachs you to be a hitman for organized crime, now a new game developed by Ritual lets you be a terrorist and Kill heretics and Jews.'

Yeah, I'm with Castle on this one... keep it all CT.

warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 02:30 AM   #4
PoOKiE
Rookie

I think its the fear of people not approving that makes a lot of games today fail. I mean look at the GTA series. It blew up huge because they put it out how they wanted and didnt have people limit what and who you could kill, mame, run over, blow up, and ghost ride dirtbikes into [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Its that total freedom and reality that attracts people (me at least) to the game. In what reality would you as a terrorist not be able to run up and shoot whatever civilian he wanted? Games are to do whatever you want and when you want cause you cant do it in real life. I always hated the Need for Speed series cause you cant even go a few feet off the track without an invisible barrier throwing you back on... If i swerve off the road i wanna hit friggin trees and small animals, not some dumb invisible wall!

Anyways, the government would be truly stupid if they tried to ban things like this. Whats the difference if a CT went and cut some guys head up and blood was everywhere than when a T does it? Why didnt they take SOF2 of the shelves instantly? Dont you think they should be more concerned about how you can sit at a dead body and chop everypart of its limbs off while blood is squirting on your face than what you look like in a ski mask and white snow cammo?

Those are my thoughts....

-PooKiE-
PoOKiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 04:03 AM   #5
Castle
Level Designer

Well it’s a little different when in a time of war I think. I mean people are going to be going out to some other country and fighting a ground battle eventually if not already. It’s very common for free speech to go bye bye during a time of war.

Though there are a few things about this whole situation that kind of bugs me. I mean I know it might even sound like a good idea to name real terrorist groups or even base missions off real events. However on second thought that could be a bad idea. Personally I would rather not piss any one off if I can get away with it. I can picture the headlines now

“Game spot rates Ritual entertainment the first and only company that turned up missing on a mid Monday morning after shipping a game that said bad things about a well known group of pissed off Russian guys” In fine print underneath it exclaims “Boy that was dumb!”

The article goes on to say that they found part of one of the employees however he appeared to have no comments.

I can picture the Ritual web site saying things like “Since one of our texture artist didn’t escape the blast last Thursday we are currently searching for a really tough guy who make textures. Experience in Wacom tablets photo shop and hand to hand combat is a plus!”

One of the new guys shows up to replace one of our level designers who claimed to have heard the loud clang noise however failed to get his gas mask on before it was too late. We say things like you gotta role with the punches around here however we mean while in the back of a taxi cab racing into a tall building filled with explosives. We get to hear those ever so soothing sayings like when president bush claims “Those guys are really pissing them off!”

It’s a pretty bad sign when airplanes begin to rain yellow packets of food and bombs on Dallas. Its like Raman noodles except in two packets instead of one. Maybe we can fart ourselves to death while hiding from red beams O death poking in and out of open windows. Yeah sure I can live the lie that is “Its ok as long as we can consider it FUN GAME PLAY”

Thank you for your advice because we all know rather than pissing off the American government we pissed off a group of Canadians armed with blunder busts and bear rugs that claim to be very agitated at us.

And who knows maybe in the end I can enjoy the fruits of my new life after I change my name and move to a small island where the money isn’t quite as valuable as a pile of fish.
And speaking a pile of fish I’m pretty sure some one out there knows how to make a bomb out of a good sized pile of shark meat. This is how I know how I’m going to die. Killed by an exploding pile of shark meat strapped to some Arab dude running into a hut fashioned from clam shells and wood from trees.
So don’t you see WHY it’s a bad idea to piss people off?
Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 11:54 AM   #6
PoOKiE
Rookie

WHAAAAT??? Hahaha you guys smokin somethin over there? I never said to insult the terrorists or name names of terrorists groups, I just dont see any reason in not letting people play as terrorists unless of course you make them look like Osama Bin Laden. So, I'm sayin the opposite, give the terrorists(in the game) some credit....i dont think the real life terrorists would care if we did that. Being able to play as Terrorist would be just like playing with bots on the current CS and I dont see people having a problem with that. T's guard hosties and plant bombs, and CTs rescue or defuse...same way its always been.

And if I had a pile of shark meat I'd make some shark hide shoes first, and then maybe a nice amored jacket cause isnt shark skin real strong? It would really help in those close combat knife fights....

Oh yeah, that brings up the question..... are you guys still gonna have the action that the players see do something different in 1st person view? I always thought it was funny how you can stab your fist at someone and they see you just swipe your hand back and forth. Both knife stabs are the same, haha. If you guys make some super modified knife sounds it just wouldnt be the same either......I gotta hear that *swish* sound when I start out otherwise the whole round is messed up... [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
PoOKiE is offline   Reply With Quote