Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 04-27-2003, 09:57 PM   #1
Rogue_Warrior
Rookie

Default 4-Player splitscreen on CSX????

This is my biggest question, will CSX have 4-player split screen? I mean, CS uses the Half-Life engine and that has been put on consoles split-screen (PS2 and DC, but DC version got cancelled), so its not impossible to do, especially given the power of the X-Box. Sure there might be a few drawbacks, kind of hard to see, other people looking at your screen, but geez I think that would be blast going at it with three friends online or with some bots. If CSX doesn't have split screen then I'll just keep my money and stick with PC CS.
Rogue_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 05:57 PM   #2
MachineX
Experienced

Default Re: 4-Player splitscreen on CSX????

The power of Xbox is not even comparable to the PC. Radeon's new graphic's card is 256mb. And the xbox has 128mb, along with ps2, and GC. The reason you dont see many games that out run the xbox, ps2, gc, is because the developers have to make for people who have older pc's also. Many people however are finding it in their best interest to update their graphics card. Though the new radean is like 500$ there are other graphics cards that are affordable.
Anyway back on topic, the PC version comes out in MAY, and the Xbox version is unannouced when it will come out. The split screen is unannounced. My guess there will be no split screen version because the MP is online. There are still possibilites there will be a split screen.
MachineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 06:02 PM   #3
kanaeda
Veteran

actually, the Xbox has a unified memory architecture that shares 64 MB of memory across the entire system. This includes system memory, video, and audio.
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 06:31 PM   #4
MachineX
Experienced

Interesting =P
MachineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 09:28 PM   #5
Rogue_Warrior
Rookie

<--------- Hopes/Prays for split screen MP on CSX
Rogue_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote