Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 09:31 AM   #1
Soyoman
Rookie

Default So here we are.....

So here we are, almost the end of June. And every single supposed release date and tidbit of info from the Dev Group has been a big load of bullshit. I was looking forward to having CZ to play for the summer, but at the rate the damn thing is going, it'll be [censored] September before we see it.

To be honest, i've lost all interest and i'm just gonna get Raven Shield. At least UBI didn't bullshit us for 2 years before they released RS. And when CS2 comes out, CZ will just blow away within a few months. It'll be a waste of money. If Valve had of been smart, they would have scrapped CZ in the first place and just focused on HL2 and CS2. In fact we'd probly have both by now.

If you have any common sence people, you'll forget CZ ever non-existed and use your money a little more wisely. Save it for CS2.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:50 AM   #2
Venmoch
Regular

Default Re: So here we are.....

Do I care its going to be late?

No. Why? Because I believe that CS:CZ will be worth it. CS2 will not be out (If its already being worked on) until September 30th. Thats a long time to wait. The other reason for buying CS:CZ is I don't really like playing CS online. It sucks compared to DoD or NS IMO. The main attraction for me is the Single-Player. I want an action based FPS with modernday guns and stuff. Rainbox Six has never really given me that. If I want realism I'll go play Operation Flashpoint (Which whups Rainbow Six any day)

And who says CS2 will have to be brought? Its likely they'll just release it for free with HL2 (A la TFC)
Old 06-24-2003, 11:57 AM   #3
MachineX
Experienced

First of all, most people would like to see the game out asap. It's in the publishers, and developers best interest to do so. They still have to finish the game though, so many must be calm and wait. Most likely the game will be out this summer (My estimate.) around sometime in July. People who play CS 1.5, or just cs in general should find it in there best interest to wait, because Ritual has put there time into this game, and gave us a new improved CS. Whether you plan to buy Cz or just play 1.6, then you whould find a kick ass game that redifines CS. Every one seems or should most likely love the new improvments such as new models for the sas,seal, etc. The new weapons lookin badass with high polygons as well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hl2 will most likely not come out with Tf2, because the publisher and developer whould love this opportunity to make the people buy TF2 retail. So they may give us the Mp, and then if you buy it you get other extra stuff.
Cs2, you will have plenty of war/swat type mods in hl2. (The Last Great War, Iron Curtain, Cold War melting point, Urban chaos,Wise Guys (Mafia mod), Operation:Shadow Phoenix, etc.)
Old 06-24-2003, 01:57 PM   #4
Ice_Commando
Experienced

The game is worth waiting for, the new art alone is-- I can see that a lot of work went into it. The character designs were well researched before they were made into models (they even have the stiped shirt signature of the spetznaz), the models and skins themselves look amazing for their limitations, and the levels look well thoughtout and show some variety. All of this and CS's perfect gameplay. I'm pretty sure you will be getting it soyoman, but I can understand what you mean. I'm getting irritated too, but the final stage is important and unexpected things can happen. In the mean time, don't waste your summer waiting for a game to come out, because there's no telling when that will happen.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:24 PM   #5
MadOnion
Fanatic

It's already been established that TF2 will be sold as a stand-alone game, and Valve will probably do the same with the CS sequel because of the popularity level it's reached, which translates into good sales. Nobody knows when either of the sequels will see the light of day.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:07 PM   #6
Rogue_Warrior
Rookie

I think there are a few things that a gamer automaticlly expects from a publisher/developer. The first is that product being released will be enjoyable and relatively bug free. And after that is probably releasing the game when they say it will be released.

CS:CZ has been passed down through 3 developers so far, and taken well over two years of developement. We have never been given a definative released date, one thats "CZ will be released on xx/xx/xx" always just "soon" or "very soon". Imagine what would happen if the developer of a movie, lets take The Matrix: Reloaded for example, and they said "oh look how cool this is! it'll be out soon!" And then it never comes out. The customers are going to be very well beyond pissed off.

The same applies to popular video games. When I heard Starcraft: Ghost was going to be delayed until Feburary, was I mad? No, because I know that SC:G will come out on THIS DATE RIGHT HERE. And if it's delayed again? Big deal, I know Blizzard is doing it for a good reason, not because they [censored] around with developement or whatnot.

It isn't Ritualistic's fault for the games over-extend release "times", its Valve, if they hadn't [censored] around and switched developers so much, we'd probably have it by now. Too bad, CZ won't get my money, maybe on X-Box it will if it has split screen, otherwise, Raven Shield looks pretty damn good to me.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:00 PM   #7
Soyoman
Rookie

Glad you understand what i'm saying. Look, it's simple. The gamer community has been waiting 2 years for CZ to hit the shelves. We were told by actual Dev Team members that it was coming out soon and their estimate was late May early June. It's nearly the end of June and we've still got nothing accept some box art and renders. Woop-dee-doo!!!! If they think that is enough to hold us until September, then they better think again. Like I said, my money is on Raven Shield.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:25 PM   #8
dark
Casual

I myself am on the verge of just saying [censored] it. I've waited so long for this game it can just sit there on the store shelves where it belongs. I am not going to wait around until september i got college and half-life 2 to keep me busy.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:33 PM   #9
MadOnion
Fanatic

September 2003? No chance in hell it slips that far. None. Like no sex in the champagne room. None.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:35 PM   #10
xile
Regular

Guys quit your bitching about the game. They are working hard on it so we will be able to enjoy it when it actually comes out. And for the people that are like oh my moneys on Raven Shield, your gonna be one of the first people at the stores buying a copy.
Old 06-27-2003, 02:06 AM   #11
Kalabalana
Veteran

OK guys, I didn't read all your posts, but I think I'll address the majority of you. YES, him (Soyoman) complaining in this forum is a good thing. YES, the majority of the people who will buy the game are like this man, this Soyoman. YES, the publishers have, yes, HAVE to cater to men like this to maximize their profits. NO, bitching at soyoman and his like will not make this serious problem cz is facing go away. YES, Soyomans point about the game not being out by now is EXTREMELY important, even if he doesn't know all the facts, he is representative of what rumours surround cz's release date and that is a huge problem. I hope you all understand what I'm getting at, if a huge amount of people believe in something that is not true, to them it is true, and because of this phenomenon, the situation should is regarded with respect to the majority's understanding. So what he's saying, and what so many else are, should be dealt with, not many people are up to date on the cz info, and not too many people are so forgiving as us. Yes, I said forgiving, earlier you all told me that information posted here, on Ritualistic, is not representitive of Ritual. That is a mistake Ritual made, to allow a site such as this, so easily confused as being an offical source of info regarding Ritual projects, to post ANY information without huge blazing warnings to inform the slower of us that this site is not what it seems, more of a fan/hype site mostly to whet appetites. Ritual really needs to be more careful on what they allow their name to be associated with, a little foresight would've saved a huge amount of trouble for this site, as well as a portion of the intended market in the sales of this game.
Old 06-27-2003, 04:21 AM   #12
Automator
Veteran

well put
Old 06-27-2003, 01:51 PM   #13
Kalabalana
Veteran

That started off as a single sentence, and just kept growing by the sentence, so for those of you that read this/it - you have my respect, it wasn't suppose to be so long.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:40 PM   #14
WhitGameR44
Rookie

there is no way that CS2 is coming out in september....HL2 yes maybe but there is no way in hell that CS2 is coming out in september....i would say at the earliest next year
Old 06-25-2003, 01:01 AM   #15
MachineX
Experienced

Thats why there are many mods for hl2 (About 20 something.) to keep you satisfied until CS2, plus CZ will not get old fast it seems.

Note: That is not the real reason these mods are being made.
Old 06-26-2003, 03:21 PM   #16
Catscratch

GFG, I hate all you people that defend CZ. IT WILL NEVER COME OUT WHEN EXPECTED! IT IS NOT WORTH WAITING FOR! Seriously, even if it comes out in July it has 2 months to be sweet and then HL2 will come out. Valve is [censored] stupid for delaying all this beullshit for so long.

You guys can have fun waiting for Condition Zero. Make sure you stock up on about a years worth of food! If it changes one more producer or it is delayed once more, I am going to lose ALL FAITH IN THIS POS GAME!

I dont care what you guys say about "OH NO! THEY ARE WORKING SOOOO HARD TO MAKE IT SUPER DUPER FOR THE CUSTOMERS!" Yeah well right now the 'customers' are [censored] PISSED OFF! I will be happy to see CZ crash and fall and burn in hell. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2003, 07:58 PM   #17
Wolf8218
Veteran

yeah, good luck running Hl2 on your pentium 2, and boy what fun it will be online! counterstrike is nothing compared to half life! pfft
go suck on some gremlin droppings
Old 06-26-2003, 08:52 PM   #18
MachineX
Experienced

First of all stop <font color="red">whining like a bitch</font>, secondly valve made a good decion by going with Ritual. If they did not you would be playing a game that looks horrable, bad graphics, etc. Now do you understand why valve made the decision; it was to make things better for us. Lastly shut the hell up if you don't like the progress, no one does. So just remain calm, go get a punching bag or something just <font color="red">stfu</font> otherwise.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did the same thing when i was pissed off, but you have to understand your not the only one who is pissed off, and we all just have to remain cool.
Closed Thread